The past is the past

Taste of love

After eating we got ready and left to pick up Aaron at my parents house for him to go to the nursery.

--------------

At Jiyong's parents

"Chaerin-ah !" Mrs Kwon hugged Chaerin "How was your night ?" she smiled.
"Great..." Chaerin tucked her hair behind her ears and seeing the light pink color on her cheeks Jiyong smirked.

"Here is the little champion." Jiyong's father went down the stairs with Aaron.
"Ooohhh ! My baby !" Chaerin slightly bowed to Mr Kwon to take her son and kissed him like their was no tomorrow "How was he ?" she asked Jiyong's parents.
"Sweet, like an angel." said Jiyong's mother before kissing little Jiyong's cheek.
She looked at Chaerin and her eyes widen "OMO ! Honey ! What happened to your neck ?" she asked.
"Ah... That ?" Chaerin panicked and looked at Jiyong for help.
"Ah ! That ? We have a lot of mosquitoes at home and I think she developped an allergy to it, we are going to see a doctor this weekend." he gave a quick smile to his parents.
"Of course you should ! OMO ! You have another one here !" she pointed at another spot.
"Honey !" interfered Mr Kwon knowing all to much by just seeing his son and Chaerin's behaviour "You should let them go. They are going to be late." he waved them goodbye.
"Bye !" Jiyong said before taking Aaron's suitcases and leading Chaerin who was holding Aaron to the door.
"Okay." shouted Mrs Kwon "Don't forget to go see a doctor Chaerin-ah !"
"Hm !" she turned around and slightly bowed.

Once in the car she exhaled.
"Sorry about that." Jiyong apologized while driving them out his parents garden.
She bit on her lower lip, opened the car mirror to look at her neck "I should have covered it better." she sighed.

 

Jiyong's POV

We dropped Aaron and then I drove Chaerin to the University.
"Thank you." she whispered, shyly looking at her hands on her legs.
I grabbed her left hand and squeeze) it.
She looked at me and smiled. And looking at her smile made me smile.
"See you tonight..." I kissed her hand then pecked her lips.
"Yes..." She chuckled then left.

When I arrived in front of my office I was suprised of seeing Jay.
"Jay ?"
"Seems like you dont want to see me ! It's okay. I was about to leave anyways." he said walking to the elevator.
"No ! I was just surprised. Come on in." I invited him in my office.
He sat on the couch and I left to pour him a drink.
"What would you like to drink ?"
"Water. Thanks." 
I gave him his drink and sat down too.
"So..." I started "We should hang out sometimes. You will see the others."
"Yes. Definitely. It's been such a long time..." he said before drinking in one go.
"So... You wanted to say something to me ?"
"Chaerin..."
"What about Chaerin ?" I asked.
"She's amazing. You know that ?"
"Yes. I know."
"Chaerin... Are you serious about her ?"
"What ?" I asked surprised.
"I mean, I know you've had an history with her but..."
"What are you trying to say ? Look Jay, you know I'm really sorry about what I did to you back in the days, but there's no way I will let you have Chaerin." 
He looked at me for a few seconds and bursted out in laughter.
"You thought I was interested in her ? Look she's really cute and all but she's like a little sister to me."
"Oh..." I scratched the back of me neck.
He chuckled and stood up to pour himself some water.
"I just wanted to be sure about your involvement with her."
"Yes, I'm more than serious about her. Why ?"
"Because. You need to take good care of her. You shouldn't let toxic people around her."
"I will never let that happen."
"Then what about Kiko ?" he turned to look at me.
"What about her ?" I frowned.
"Is she out of the picture ?"
"Of course !" I stood up at the end of my sentence "But why are you asking about that ?" I said a little bit irritated.
"She came..."
Hearing him I was shocked "What ?" With widened eyes I cut him off.
"At the University... She was looking for Chaerin and got surprised when she saw me."
"Kiko ?" I asked making sure he was talking about her.
"Jiyong... Is everything really over between the two of you ?"

 

Nobody's POV

Jiyong looked at his feet and breathed out.
"We broke up like a month ago."
"With everything she did ?"
"I had to."
"But why ?"
"Because she needed to clear your name..."
"Jiyong it was years ago. Why didn't you break up with her ? She's toxic."
Jiyong slumped on the catch and ruffled his hand through his hair "Maybe I deserve her then..." he said looking at the floor.
"What ?" Jay furrowed his brows.
"I destroy everything. I almost destroyed you and your family, Chaerin and our child..." His eyes started watering and he looked at the window "Maybe I don't deserve Chaerin. If someone like Kiko keeps turning around me then maybe I'm toxic too."
Jay looked at him and chuckled making Jiyong look at him.
"THEN WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH HER ?" he screamed and threw his glass on the ground breaking it.
"I'm not..."
"Yes you are ! You know she loves you and now you're telling me Kiko and you are both toxic so you deserve each other ?" he smirked "Are you out of your mind ? Didn't you do everything for her to clear my name and for my parents to come back ?" he asked and Jiyong nodded "Didn't you do everything for Chaerin and your son to feel at home ?" he asked and Jiyong nodded again.
"I..." Jiyong started but Jay stopped him.
"Let me ask you something. Do you love Kiko ?"
"NO !" he shouted.
"Do you love Chaerin ?" he looked at Jiyong and the later stood up.
"With all my heart." 
"Then prove it. Listen to your heart. What's in the past is in the past. I already forgave you, so I think you can forgive yourself too." 
Jiyong looked at Jay and smiled and at that moment his phone rang.
"You don't pick up ?" Jay asked and Jiyong shook his head.
"Look at the mess I did !" Jay laughed while looking at the floor "Now you will have to clean up everything !"
"Don't kid yourself ! I will definitely call a cleaning lady." 
And they both laughed.
Jay was about to leave when Jiyong's phone rang again.
"See it must be important."
Jiyong chuckled then took his phone out his pocket. Looking at the caller ID he frowned.
"Who is it ?" Jay asked.
"Aaron's nursery." he said then answered the call.
"Hello ?"
"Mr Kwon ?"
"Yes !"
"We are calling you because the woman who came the other time once again came into the nursery."
"Today ?"
"Yes. She said she had to pick Aaron up and that she was sent by you. We of course told her that It was impossible for her to do so and she started screaming, throwing everything she could grab."
"REALLY ?" Jiyong screamed with a shaking voice.
"Is everything okay ?" Jay whispered.
Jiyong looked at him and shooked his head.
"We needed to be four to calm her down. And then we called the police but she left before they arrived. Mr Kwon, we know the history you have with our nursery but if it happens once again we will have to ask you to bring Aaron in another nursery."
"Yes. I completely understand, it will not happen again. And I will pay for everything that has been damaged. Once again sorry." And he hung up.

"What happened ?" 
"Kiko. She went to Aaron's nursery." Hearing him Jay gasped.
"You need to do something now before it's too late."
"I'm going to her house."
"Now ?" 
Jiyong nodded.
"Then I'm going with you." Jay said.
"No. I need to do it alone. Just please go to the University and make sure Chaerin is okay."
"Sure."

Jiyong was driving fast, he needed to see Kiko and convince her to stay out of his life.

Once in front of her house he ran up to her apartment door. He knocked on it furiously.
"KIKO ! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR !"
After what seemed like an eternity for Jiyong the opened up to a smiling Kiko.
"Look who's here ! I told you we needed to talk." she said before disappearing into her house.
"Kiko !" he called her not wanting to get inside her house "Come here !"
"You come !" she said and he entered her house.

She was in the kitchen drinking what seemed like whisky.
"Would you like some ?" she smiled at him.
"I would like for you to stay out of my family and I life."
"And what am I Jiyong ? We are family."
"No ! We're not."
"Of course we are !"
"You went to my son nursery..."
She laughed cutting him off "I told you we needed to talk."
"About what ?"
"You and I."
"It's over."
"No it's not."
"You keep on hurting everyone around me."
"Oh quit it Jiyong ! I just lied about him me so what ?"
"And when you ran into me ?"
"I couldn't let you get away from me ! I need you, I'll always need you. Yes I did it, and I will do it again if I have to."
"Stay away from me."
"I won't touch you..." she took another sip and looked at her drink "Chaerin's the next one."
"KIKO ! NO !" 
"Then break up with her. For good !"
"Never !" he took at step forward and pointed his finger at her "You won't do anything to her or else..."
"Or else what ? What are you going to do ?" she smirked.
"Just stop."
"Only if you do what I told you to do. Or else I will never stop."
He breathed out then turned around. He looked inside his pocket and took his phone out. He stopped the recording and turned back around "I tried." he said before sending the file to Taeyang and Jay.
Understanding what was going on, Kiko dropped her drink.
"What is that ?" she asked with a voice full of darkness.
"I told you..."
"Delete it !"
"No !" 
"RIGHT NOW !"
"Bye." he walked to the door, grabbed the door handle when he heard her.
"If I can't have you then no one will." and gun shot echoed in the entire house.