The Ball

Taste of love

She was fuming, Jiyong knew it but tried to ignore it. He wanted to make Yanggaeng understand was his and will always be his. He wanted Yanggaeng to understand it and tell it to every men who will try to get closer to his one and only.

--------------------

Nobody's POV

Yanggaeng shook his head at Jiyong and then looked at a blushing Chaerin.
"Well, I'm sorry but the client is about to arrive. You'll be able to kiss each other later." he smiled before going back at the entrance of the building.

Chaerin started walking to the entrance without waiting for Jiyong.
"CHAERIN-AH!!!" screamed Jiyong while running to catch up with her.
"Leave me alone Jiyong-sshi!" she said fastening her pace.

 


Chaerin's POV

How could he say those kind of things to Yanggaeng oppa, I just couldn't believe it.
I started walking to the entrance when he ran after me to catch up.

"CHAERIN-AH!!!" he screamed pissing me off, "Leave me alone Jiyong-sshi!" I said before walking a little faster.

'I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIMMMM!!!' 

"Chaerin-ah!!!" he said once again and I could feel him just behind me. I was about to run when he grabbed my arm "Why are you walking so fast?" he asked.
"Because I don't want to be near you!" I exclaimed taking my arm back.
He smirked and came closer "You weren't like that earlier when I was kissing you." he said raising his right eyebrow.
"I-it's...it's because you caught me off guard." I stuttered 'Why am I even stuttering???'

"Chaerin-ah, you liked it. Don't lie to yourself."
"Kwon Jiyong-sshi! Stop it. I didn't move because I didn't know you would kiss me not because I was enjoying it." I defended myself.

"And what if I kiss you right now."
"I-I'll punch you."
"Wow! My Chaerinie is becoming fiesty. I'll let you punch me if I'm the first person you ever punched." he said walking toward me.
I sighed and then stomped my feet on the ground "Could you let me breath...that kiss, it was nothing to me, just forget about it, you have a client. Did you forget about it?" I said before running to Yanggaeng as fast as possible surprising Jiyong who wasn't even able to catch me.

 

Jiyong's POV

We were talking Chaerin and I about the kiss and she kept saying she didn't want to be near me, that she didn't like the kiss, that it wasn't important to her. 
She then ran to Yanggaeng surprising me.
'I'll never give up Chaerin-ah. Never.'

 

Nobody's POV

Jiyong then walked to the entrance to wait for the client.

During the entire appointement Chaerin was keeping her distance with Jiyong who kept looking at her sometimes forgetting about the client. Thankfully, Yanggaeng was there to make it up.

"I'm gonna ask you to follow me." she heard Yanggaeng say to the client before they entered a room leaving her and Jiyong alone.
Jiyong didn't even noticed he was alone with Chaerin, he wasn't paying any attention to the others.

Concerned about the fact that Jiyong wasn't talking Chaerin got closer to him and whispered "Stop looking at me, you have an appointement."
"I just can't help it." he whispered back before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
Chaerin didn't know what to do, but she had to find something to save this appointement. Yanggaeng was there but it still wasn't enough. 

She stepped back and caressed his left cheek choking Jiyong who wasn't prepare to be touch by the objet of his affection. He closed his eyes and breathed in order to control himself.

"Oppa. Please...please you have an appointement." she whispered into his ear.
At that moment Jiyong's heart almost exploded. He slowly opened his eyes thinking that his mind was playing games but seeing Chaerin getting away from his face he realized it was real. She really called him oppa.
"You called me oppa?" he asked.
"Yes." she nodded "We'll talk later, but for now you have an appointement. I don't want you to loose a client because of me so you better get a hold of yourself." she said fixing his jacket.

Jiyong smiled and grabbed Chaerin's hand "Okay, but call me oppa once again. It's been such a long time." he begged 
"Oppa...don't be like that... Hurry!" she pushed him toward the room where the others were.

The end of the appointement went perfectly and Chaerin couldn't be more pleased.
Was it because she still loved Jiyong and cared for him like no one or because she didn't want the company to lose one of the best client. Was it professional or personal.


They were on their way back to the Lee's house and still hadn't say anything since they left the site.
Chaerin was on her phone watching a drama and kept smiling and giggling from time to time without paying attention to the man who was driving next to her.
This situation went on for about ten minutes and Jiyong had enough.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked.
"I'm not laughing. I'm giggling." she answered.
"Then why are you giggling?" he sighed.
"Because...you don't have to know."
"Why are you so cold. Weren't you the one who called me "oppa" not even an hour ago?" 
"Oh...about that...just...forget about it." she said still looking at her phone.
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"I mean...this client is one of our best client. I had to do something." she replied.
"WHAT?" he screamed pushing down on the brake pedal causing Chaerin to drop her phone.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" yelled Chaerin.
"NO! I'm the one who's supposed to say that." he said not minding the cars behind them which were honking.
"Jiyong-sshi, let's go. There's people behind us." she said  picking her phone up.
"No." he said crossing his arms.
"Listen, let's go and stop behaving like a child."
"You're playing with my feeling and then you're saying I'm a child?"
"You don't want to restart the car?" she asked, he closed his eyes and shook his head.
"Okay." she said before going out of the car.

People were still honking and Jiyong went out of the car too.
"Chaerin-ah! Get back here!" he screamed going after her.
"No!" she said still walking away from the car.
Jiyong was following her but hasn't noticed that a police car was behind him.

"Chaerin-ah, get..." he started but was cut off by someone behind him.

"Mister." said the person.
"WHAT?" he screamed turning around but immediately apologized when he saw a police officer "Ah! I'm sorry mister. It's just...just you know my wife. She's...you know." he said looking behind him and saw Chaerin who was now far away from him. He then turned around looked at the officer and sighed.

"No. I don't know." said the police officer "Is that your car?"
"Yes, but..."
"No but mister. Isn't your car working."
"Yes, it's working but.." started Jiyong but was once again cut off by the officer.
"Then I'm gonna ask you to move it on the side way. Can't you see you're blocking the traffic?"
"Yes, but..."
"Mister, now!"
"Okay, okay." he said walking to his car.

He started his car and moved it to the side way watched by the police officer.
When he stopped the engine he rolled down his window and asked "Can I go now?" to the officer.
"Oh yes you'll be able to go. Only after I saw your papers." 
Jiyong then took his papers and gave them to the officer.
"Can I go now?" he asked impatient.
"Yes! Here are your papers and..." he continued while writing down on a paper "here's your fine." smiled the officer.
"What? Come on..." he started before looking at the paper and when he saw the amount of the fine his eyes widened "What? 60.000 won? Is that a joke?"
"Nope. You can go now mister."
"But I moved my car in the end. It's not fair."
"Life isn't fair mister. Have a nice day." said the officer before leaving.

Jiyong then started his car ready to go to the Lee's house and see Chaerin.
After twenty minutes he arrived there and was welcomed by Chaerin's family and Aaron, however Chaerin was nowhere to be find.

"Where is Chaerin?" he asked taking his son in his arms.
"Oh! She's at her friend's, she said she wanted to go out tonight." said her mom.
"Excuse me?" he asked surprised "What about our son, and isn't she supposed to start school tomorrow?"
"Yes she knows she told me and that's the reason why she wanted to go out. She wanted to breath before starting school here in Korea tomorrow and for Aaron she asked us if we could take care of him and we agreed." said her sister.
"Okay." he nodded "At what friend she's at?" 

 

Chaerin's POV

After I left Jiyong I decided I needed to see my friends. I needed to forget about what happened today, those kisses, me calling him oppa... I needed my friends, that's exactly what I needed, so I called Bom.

"Hello! Chaerinie! How are you?" she asked.
"I'm fine unnie. What about you?"
"Good! Tell me, what's going on?"
"Nothing."
"Yah! Dongsaeng tell me what's going on I know something's wrong by the sound of your voice."
"I just... I just need you girls."
"Awww. Is it Jiyong?"
"N-no... No unnie." I defended.
"Aigoo. It's definitely him. Why don't you come over?"
"No it's okay I have to take Aaron."
"Where is he?"
"At my parents."
"Why don't you leave him there. They'll take good care of him. Let's go out tonight."
"I don't know. I'm going to school tomorrow."
"So what? If we go out tonight you'll be able breath before starting going miss 'I don't have time for anybody because of my studies' all up on us" laughed Bom.
"I've never been like that."
"Yeah! Sure! Anyways, let's go out please."
"Okay, but what about your Tabi oppa?"
"He'll be able to live without me beside him for one night. Even if I don't know if he'll really be able to sleep knowing he will not get some." chuckled Bom.
"Yah! Unnie, TMI!!!" I said shaking my head.
"Okay, okay." she laughed "Just call your parents and then come to my house, okay?" she asked but I couldn't answer since I was still wondering if it was a great idea.

Waiting for my answer she started to get impatient so she cleared her voice "I said, 'Okay?' " she asked once again.
"Okay, unnie. I'll call you back in five minutes." I said before hanging up.


I immediately called my mother to see if she could keep Aaron for the night.
"No problem." she answered "But don't you have school tomorrow?" she asked.
"Yes but this way I'll be able to breath before starting my courses." I explained.
"And what about Jiyong. Does he know about it?" she then asked.
"No. Why would he? He doesn't have to know anything about what I am doing."
"But he's the father of your child and your ex husband."
"That doesn't mean I have to ask him a permission before doing anything."
"Chaerin-ah..."
"Okay mom. But just this once I need to get away from him just tonight."
"..."
"Please mom."
"Okay, but if he asks me anything I'm not going to lie. I'm telling you."
"Okay mom." I said and realized I was almost in front of Bom's house "Okay mom, I have to go. I'll be at Bom's house."
"Okay my baby, be careful."
"Mmmh mom." I nodded before hanging up.

I got closer to the door bell and rang it. I was immediately welcomed by Bom unnie who didn't even bother to check who it was.
"Unnie, you didn't ask who it was."
"There's no need." she said dragging me upstairs.

"Did you even look into the peephole?" I asked.
"Nope!" she exclaimed.
"Oh my God!" I said while entering one of her house's bedroom.
I was surprised when I saw Minzy.

"Minzy-ah! What are you doing here?"
"Chaerin-unnie! Don't you want to see me? And can't I come to see Bom unnie?" she said pouting.
"Aigoo! That's not what I'm saying. It's just I didn't know you would be here." I smiled before hugging her.
She chuckled and we broke the hug "So we have to hurry up!" she jumped up and down.
"What?" I frowned.
"We're going out tonight. Did you forget about it?" Bom said while writing I don't know what on her phone.
"N-no...it's just...I-I thought you were joking. I thought we would spend the night togheter at your house."
"Hmmmmm...NO! We are going out. You definitely need it, okay?" she raised her right eyebrow waiting for an answer from me.
After a few seconds I finally nodded "Okay."
"GREAT!!!" screamed Minzy and Bom at the same time.

"If only Dara unnie could come...but she is pregnant. If she was here we would have went out the four of us, like we used to...Well we never really went to night clubs but you know." said Minzy and we nodded.
After thinking about what she said my mind suddenly went crazy.

"Did you say night club?" I asked and my lovely friends nodded.
"Yes!" said Minzy "Bom and I already showered so you better hurry up unnie." she continued before pushing me into the bathroom.
She closed the door and I didn't say anything, I took a shower then put a bathrobe on.

"And what am I supposed to wear? I didn't bring anything to go out?" I shouted from the bathroom.
"I have a dress for you!" said Bom unnie and at that moment I was praying, hoping that the dress wasn't short like the ones she's use to wear.

I went out of the bathroom and the girls were already dressed. They were so pretty, I wished I looked like them.
"You girls are so pretty, how could you be friend with such an ugly girl like me." I lowered my head.

"Aigoo! Stop saying that, you perfectely know you're not ugly." said Bom while pinching my right arm.
"Ouch! Why did you pinch me?"
"Open your eyes Chaerin-ah, you're not ugly. You're beautiful inside and out. Why do you think Jiyong keeps chasing after you?" she asked stomping her feet on the ground.
"Because he's a player." I pouted.
"No, because he loves you. Get that in your head." she said taking a dress on her bed "Here! Put that dress on. And that too." she said giving me a box with "Agent Provocateur" written on it.

"Hell no! That's not a dress unnie, it's a top unnie. And isn't "Agent Provocateur" a lingerie brand?"
"Yah! You better put that dress on or we're not friends anymore. And for the box, I asked Minzy to buy some lingerie for you since she was at the mall when I called her and I knew you didn't have anything."
I was thankful of her to think about it but wasn't satisfied with the idea to wear a dress like that. But i didn't wanted to offend her.
"Unnie~~~ why are you like that?" I whined taking the dress and the box from her hand.
She smiled and slowly pushed me into the bathroom.

I opened the lingerie and widened my eyes seeing how provoking these lingerie were, but I couldn't say anything since I didn't have any other options.
I put the dress on and couldn't believe how short a dress could be.
It was a sleeveless tight black lace dress. It was cute but short, really really short.
I looked at myself on the mirror and sighed, pulled on the bottom of the dress and went out of the bathroom.

"Minzy-ah, Bom unnie! Don't you think it's too short?"
They turned around and gasped "OH MY GOD!" they said at the same time.
"You look stunining unnie."
"Yes! You look gorgeous Chaerin-ah. We'll have to keep an eyes on you for guys not to jump on you." laughed Bom making me blush.

"Stop saying nonsense." I tucked my hair behind my ear.
They chuckled and ran toward me "Let's go we still have to do your hair and put some make up on you." uttered Bom.
They made me sit on a chair with no glasses in front of me and dolled me up. After almost fifteen minutes they were done.

"DONE!!!" Bom screamed into my ears.
"Unnie! My ears!" I winced.
She apologized and I stood up to look at myself in a mirror.
When I looked at myself I could hear the girls giggling in the back.

"So?" asked Minzy.
"So...I look okay..." I said checking myself from head to toes.
"Are you kidding me? You look drop dead gorgeous unnie."
I gotta admit I wasn't that bad. Minzy straightened my hair and Bom applied a light make up on my face. I looked great actually.

"Chaerin-ah you look so y and cute at the same time. Guys are going to go crazy when they'll see you." smiled Bom.
"Unnie, I'm a mom." I protested.
"A hot mom. And aren't you single?" she asked making me think about what she just said 'Am I single?' I questionned myself.
"You're single right?" she asked once again bringing me back to earth.
"I...yes...yes I am." I smiled.
"Okay, let's go." she said grabbing her car keys.
"Wait, what about my shoes." I questionned.
"I already put them at the entrance." she said going down the stairs.
I followed her and Minzy, once in front of the door saw a beautiful black pair of Bianca from Louboutin.
"Wow!" I laughed "They're beautiful!"
"I know." smiled Bom "let's go." she said jumping on one foot trying to put her second shoes on before opening the main door. And we that we left.

Bom was driving and we all were singing like crazy in the car with the radio on.
Twenty minutes later we arrived in front of a club "The Ball" and went out of the car.
I was surprised by the huge line up and shivered thinking we would spend a life time waiting to go into the club when Minzy interrupted my thoughts.
"Let's go." she said walking ahead of us.

We followed her and I saw her talking with the bouncer.
Just a few seconds after he smiled at her and made us a sign to go inside.
"Do you know him?" I asked Minzy now walking inside the club.
"No." she shook her head.
"Then how..." I started but she cut me off.
"I know the boss."
"Really." I whispered and nodded.

"LET'S DANCE!" screamed Bom going to the dance floor.
Minzy immediately pulled me with her to join Bom.

 

Jiyong's POV

I couldn't believe she decided to go out leaving my son and me. We needed her, I needed her.

 "At what friend she's at?" I asked her mom and she answered she was at Bom's. I immediately called Seunghyun.

"Hello! Jiyongie!" he answered.
"Hyung! Where are you?"
"At work. I just finished."
"That late?"
"Yeah! I had a lot of things to catch up."
"Mmmh" I nodded "Do you perhaps know where Bom is?"
"Yes. She texted me. She went out with Chaerin and Minzy."
"Where?"
"They went at Daesung's night club "The Ball". Maybe Chaerin wanted to go, since she never been there." he said.

"Hyung! Let's go out!"
"What? Jiyong, I'm tired."
"Hyung! Please! I need to go."
"Then go."
"No. You don't understand. She went with Bom and Minzy so I need you and Daesung to be able to spend some time alone with Chaerin." I said and could hear Seunghyun laugh.

"Ahhh! That's the reason why? Okay." he chuckled "I'll call Daesung to see if he's there. He told me he wanted to see if everything was fine there." he said and I nooded.
"Okay. See you there in an hour then." I said and hyung agreed.

An hour later I was in front of the club and saw Seunghyun and Daesung next to the bouncer.
"Hi." I greeted.
"Wow! You're dressed to the nine." laughed Seunghyun "Is it for Chaerin?" he asked.
"Shut up." I said.

We laughed some more with the bouncer but I wasn't really into the conversation. I just wanted to enter the club and look for Chaerin.

"Okay! We're going to let you work." said Daesung to the bouncer and we entered the club.

The club was packed, and Chris Brown's song "loyal" was on, driving people crazy.
We went to the bar and I ordered a glass of whisky.
Seunghyun then looked at me and laughed "Yah! Jiyong, relax. We're gonna find her. Just drink this glass for now." he said and I gulped the drink in one go.
"Wow! Easy!" said Daesung before tapping my back.
I laughed and looked at people in front of me, my eyes then settled on the dance floor where people were screaming and shouting.
"What's going on over there?" I whisphered and walked toward the crowd followed by Seunghyun and Daesung.

 


Chaerin's POV

It was crazy I think I never had fun like I was having fun this night. I had already drunk three glass of martini and was a little tipsy I guess. Well scratch that I was really tipsy.
I was dancing with the girls and people were watching us, surrounding us. I mean, it was unavoidable with Minzy the dancing machine and Bom one of the iest girl of Seoul with me.

We were dancing, boys were screaming "GO! GO! GO!". I looked at my right and saw Bom dissappearing into the crowd.
'Where is she going?'

I turned around and then saw Minzy dissappearing into the crowd too.
"What the hell!" I said before going into the crowd to look for the girls when someone grabbed me from behind.
I was stucked on the ground, the person got closer to my ear and whipsered.

"You look beautiful tonight."