I need to disappear

Taste of love

 

In Harvard University
 
Jiyong was ready to go to his next class when his phone rang.
"Good Morning Mom. Why are you calling?"
"What, I can't call my son anymore?"
"Yes, but everytime you call when I am at school it's to tell me some weird things."
"Are you saying that I am weird Jiyongie?"
Jiyong ruffled his hair and sighed "Okay, I'm sorry. So, what did you wanted to say to me?"
"Oh yes right, I almost forgot." Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Yah, Jiyongie! I can hear you rolling your eyes at me. Baby, don't you like your mother?" with that Mrs. Kwon pretended to cry.
Panicking, Jiyong said "Mom, I'm sorry. Mom, stop, I will do anything for you to stop crying."
"Anything you said?" asked his Mom faking a weak voice.
"Yes, Mom."
"Well... I know that you are supposed to come next month after your exams but I will be in Cambridge tomorrow. I have something really important to tell you."
"Can't you say it over the phone?" asked Jiyong.
"Jiyongie, do you want your omma to cry again?"
"No Mom... I will see you tomorrow."
"Bye my baby." said his Mom before hanging up.
 
Jiyong confused by the call was frowning 'What is going on with my Mom?'. He watched the hour and started running to his class.
.
.
.
The day after 
In Jiyong's pad
 
Jiyong was getting ready to go out when one of his friends called him.
"Hi John!"
"Hi Jiyong, do you want to go to the club with us tonight?"
"No I can't, I'm dinning with my Mom."
"Oh, okay. But if you are over you can still come to the club."
"The usual one?"
"Yes"
"Okay, see you."
He hang up, took his car keys and left.
 
 
At the restaurant
 
He was waiting for his Mom when he heard "Jiyongie!".
He smiled knowing it was his Mom. They hugged each other and sat on their chair.
"How are you Mom?"
"I'm fine baby. What about you? The school?"
"Everything's fine."
"And at work."
"Complicated but I'm fine."
"I told you, you can always work in one of your father agencies in here instead of working as a waitor."
"I know Mom, thank you but no thank you."
They ordered they food, talked a little more and ate.
 
Once the dinner over Jiyong decided to ask his Mom why she came all over from Korea.
"So, Mom, what did you wanted to say to me?"
"Okay, but promise me you will hear what I have to say and not scream at me. And I guess that I don't have to remind you that you promised me you will do anything for me not to cry."
Jiyong nodded asking his Mom to continue.
"Well... Do you remember the Lee family?"
"Yes."
"Well, I met Mrs. Lee one week ago and we talked since we haven't seen each other for such a long time."
"So... You came from Korea to say that to me?"
"Yah! Can't you let your mother finish?"
"I'm sorry Mom."
"So. We talked and we got the best idea. 
Do you remember her daughter?"
"Haelin-sshi or Chaerin-sshi?"
"Chaerin. And don't be like you don't really know them."
Jiyong chuckled 'My Mom is so crazy.'
"She showed me one of Chaerin's picture, she's so pretty now."
Jiyong smiled and thought 'Yeah right.'
"Anyway, you are...going...to marry her!!!" said Mrs. Kwon clapping her hands togheter.
Jiyong stood up and screamed "WHAT???" everyone in the restaurant started looking at him.
"Jiyongie, everyone's looking at you." said Jiyong's Mom grabbing his hand for him to seat.
He sat but was furious and wanted only one thing, he wanted to leave.
"Mom, I won't, it's my final word."
"You will and it's MY final word."
Jiyong more than angry left.
 
 
Jiyong's POV
 
'Is she serious? How can I? And with Chaerin? She's not even pretty and she's so boring. Is she crazy?'
He opened his car and called one of his friend.
"John, are you still at the club?"
"Yes."
"I'm coming."
I threw my phone at the back of my car and drove to the club faster than I never did.
 
At the club I saw my friends, I said hi to them and we talked. I was doing everything to be able to forget about what my Mom had just told me.
I started drinking and drinking, dancing with girls with skirts that looked like belts.
 
"Guys (hiccup)... I think I should (hiccup)...should go." I was laughing so hard, maybe because of the liquor.
John ran to me "No, no, you're drunk man. Give me your keys. I will drive you home."
"I'm fine." I said falling to the ground.
"Guys, I will drive Jiyong home. Bye."
He put my arm on his shoulder and we left.
.
.
.
The morning
In Jiyong's pad
 
Jiyong woke up with a severe headache. He touched his forehead "I think I drank to much last night."
"Wait, how come I'm home. Who drove me here."
He reached his phone and saw that his screen was broken 'I think I threw it hard yesterday.' He laughed but frowned not being able to forget about his headache.
He was looking at his messages and saw one of John "I hope you are alright now. I drove you back home yestarday since you were so drunk. I will call you later. See you."
Jiyong after finishing reading the message wrote to his friend "Thank you for yesterday."
 
He stood up and called one of his bestfriend.
"Hello. Taeyang, I need your help."
"Hi Jiyong, how are you, it's been a long time. What do you need?"
"I need to disappear."
"WHAT???"
...