WHO ARE YOU ? WHAT AM I ?

Taste of love

"What are you doing with Chaerin ?"
"Ah..." 

---------------


At the table

Chaerin and Bora were talking. Chaerin filling her in about every single thing that happened to her and Bora the same.

"And during our honeymoon he gave me a piggy back ride." Chaerin laughed.
"You're so lucky."
"Lucky ? He doesn't even love me..." she smiled bitterly.

"Who loves who ?" Jay smiled before sitting down.

Chaerin looked at him and then at Jiyong "Ah... Nothing."  


Jiyong's POV

We were walking to the restaurant with Jay when he stopped walking.
I looked at him and asked if everything was right and he slightly frowned.
"What are you doing with Chaerin ?"
"Ah..." I scratched the back of my neck "I guess you heard about my wedding right ?" I asked him and he nodded.
"Well, it's a long story but Chaerin and I got married."
"WHAT !!! She's your wife ?"
"Ah..." I said before telling him we should go or the girls would get more and more impatient.

When we arrived at the table Chaerin and Bora were talking.

When we got to the table I faintly heard Chaerin.
"He doesn't even love me..." 
I looked at her and Jay got a little closer from the table.
"Who loves who ?" Jay asked before sitting down.
"Ah... Nothing." she shyly answered before drinking.
I looked at Bora who seemed like she could burn a hole through me and she whispered to me "Is everything alright ?". I nodded and she smiled widely.

"GOSH !!!" she raised her voice before yawning "I thought you two would never come back ! I'm sooo hungry !" she pouted before calling a waiter to order.

 

Nobody's POV 

They ordered and then started eating.
Bora was looking at Jiyong, Jiyong was looking at Chaerin and so as Jay, while Chaerin was focused on her plate.

"So ! Jiyong ! I didn't know you were a dad !" Bora chuckled.
"You never asked." He winked and it didn't went unnoticed by Chaerin who pouted.

"Well... I didn't know you were married Chaerin-ah." Jay smiled at her and it didn't went unnoticed by Jiyong.
"Well..." She ate a piece of her meat then looked at him "You never asked." she smiled at him then from the corner of her eyes looked at Jiyong "And we're not married anymore. We divorced."
"I guess my friend forgot about it." Jay patted Jiyong's shoulder "No wonder she keeps on coming at me." he chuckled before taking a sip of his champagne.
"What ?" asked Jiyong.
"Yah ! Stop talking nonsense." she frowned, grab the napkin which was over her legs and placed it on the table "I need to go to the bathroom. Please excuse me." And with that she left.
She was soon followed by Jay.

 

Chaerin's POV

I knew I promised Bora I wouldn't tell them she told me about their story but I just couldn't, I nedded answers. I didn't know what to do so I decided to go to the bathroom to relax myself.

In front of the mirror I kept thinking about what Bora told me.
'Aigo Chaerin-ah ! You should ask him and that's it... right.' I thought before stomping my feet into the ground not minding the girl next to me who was looking at me as if I was an alien.

When I went out from the bathroom I was welcomed by Jay.
"Is everything okay ?" he asked, and I just couldn't not say anything.
"You tell me !" I crossed my arms then looked at him.
"Tell you what ? Ah ! About the situation with Jiyong ? Don't worr..."
"No ! Why did you lie to me ?"
"About what ?" he frowned.
"Kiko ! At school I asked you about her you acted like you didn't know her."
"Well you know I don't go around introducing the girl who accused me of to everyone." He laughed bitterly.
"I'm sorry." I lowered my head.
"It's okay."

"So she didn't ask about me ?"
"Oh that ? Yes she did, but like I said it to you last time, if she wants to talk to you it won't be without me." he puffed out his chest and raised his chest and I couldn't hold but laugh.
"Thanks Jay."
"No problem. Well... I guess my sister already told you everything that happened between Jiyong and I."
"I didn't leave her the choice."
"She just can't keep anything to herself."
"No ! Don't blame her ! Blame me if you want to but not her. Please." 
He squinted his eyes then raised his right hand to place it on my head.
"Aigo !!! My Chaerin-ah is sooo cute !" he said while ruffling my hair.

 

Jiyong's POV

We were eating and after a question from Jay, Chaerin deemed right to say that we divorced.
"I guess my friend forgot about it." Jay said while patting my shoulder "No wonder she keeps on coming at me." he added making me grit my theeth.
"What ?" I uttered.
"Yah ! Stop talking nonsense." Chaerin frowned and then excused herself to go to the bathroom. And to my surprise she was a minute later, followed by Jay.

"What's going on here ?" I asked Bora who shrugged her shoulders.
I decided to forget about it so, the next few minutes, Bora and I talked. 
However almost ten minutes had passed and then were still not there so I thought I should check on them.
"Sorry Bora, I need to go to the bathroom." I said before standing up.
"Is there a party over there and I'm the only one not knowing about it ?" She questionned making me laugh.
"I'll be right back." 

My walk to the bathroom started slowly, but quickly, I speeded up the pace.
When I took the hallway that was leading to it I stopped because of what was happening just in front of me.
Jay ruffling my Chaerin's hair and her not saying anything for him to stop. My heart stopped beating for what seemed like minutes. I was hurt, but what could I do. She wasn't mine anymore and Jay suffered enough because of me, so I silently went back to the table.

"You were quick." Bora remarked "Jay is not with you ? How come, him and Chaerin aren't back yet ?" she asked questions after questions and I couldn't say a word. 
Just then Jay sat down quickly followed by Chaerin.

The rest of the dinner was pretty silent, only Bora and Jay were trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

"It was fun. We should meet another time." Chaerin smiled at the end of the dinner when we were in front of the restaurant.
"Of course !" exclaimed Bora "Give me your number." she said before taking her phone out of her bag.

"Well Jiyong..."
"Yes..."
"We will see each other pretty soon." Jay smirked.
"What ?" I asked confused. Not that I don't wanted to meet with him but he had this look of amusement in his eyes and I couldn't understand it.
He then winked at me 'What ?' I thought.

"Bora ! We should go." he said "Chaerin-ah... I'll see you in class." he added before pinching her nose.
"Ahhhh..." I said in an attempt for him to stop and it worked but they were all looking at me like I was an alien "Sorry." I yawned "I'm really tired. We should go now !" I said before waving at them then grabbing Chaerin's hand leading her to the car.


Nobody's POV

Bora and Jay were looking at Jiyong leading Chaerin with an amused look on their faces.
"Oppa is so weird." Bora chuckled.
Jay nodded then grabbed his sister by her shoulders "Let's go."


Inside the car

The first minutes were silent but looking at her wrist Chaerin decided she couldn't remain silent.
"Look what you did to me." she raised her wrist showing him a little red spot on it.
Jiyong quickly looked at it and then back at the road without saying anything.
"You are not going to apologize ?" She raised her voice.
"Why should I ? And wait, now you want to talk ? Were was your voice during the dinner ? And why didn't you tell me about Jay ?"
"Do I have to tell you everything that is happening in my life ? Who do you think you are ?"
"So you go out making friends with every guy ?"
"Why should I be friend with just one gender ?"
"You clearly don't know how guys think. You might think you are just friends but they are not just thinking about friendship. YOU'RE SENDING THEM THE WRONG SIGNALS." he shouted.
"DON'T SHOUT AT ME ! ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M A ?" she bit her lips trying to control her anger.
"That's not what I said." He sighed.
"THEN WHAT ?" she asked and soon started to cry "Why are you always like that to me?" she whispered.
"Yah ! Are you crying ?" Jiyong was shocked.
"Isn't it obvious." And she cried louder.
"Yah... Don't cry." he said while passing the gate of their house.
"Do you even care ? You've always made me cry. When we were kids and you are still making me cry now." 
He parked his car and unbuckled his seat belt "Chaerin-ah... Babe..." he said pushing her hair out of her face "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings... You... You know I love you."
"I LOVE YOU TO ! BABO ! But you don't make the person you love cry everytime !" she cried out before storming out of the car.
"CHAERIN-AH ! BABE !" he quickly followed her.

Jiyong ran inside the house to talk to her, he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"Chaerin-ah !!! Babe !" he said following her upstairs.
"Don't call me like that !" she turned around before pointing her finger at him.

He sighed "What do you want me to do ? To go back in time ? Chaerin-ah..." he said coming closer of her.
"Don't come closer..." she whispered.
"I love you... Babe..." he continued still walking toward her and it took Chaerin's breath away.

She wipped her face while looking at the ground then looked back at him.
"Jiyong..." she whispered "I don't want to get hurt anymore." While she looked at him a tear ran down her left cheek.
"I will never hurt you anymore." he said before touching her left cheek and Chaerin leaned into the warmth of his hand.

"I don't want you to forget about me and Aaron."
With his right hand he grabbed her left hand and placed it on his chest, just where she could feel his heart beat "As long as my heart beat, I will never forget about you."
Then his left hand went to her hair.
"I love you so much. When you're not with me my heart aches so much for you, I think I could die." he whispered while caressing her hair.
Surprising Jiyong, Chaerin brought her face closer to his and nuzzled his nose "I don't want you to die." she pouted.
"Then stay by my side." his lips settled on hers allowing them to taste their sweet love.