Jay ?

Taste of love

My mind was a mess 'OMG !!! Chaerin-ah !!! You still love Jiyong ??!!!' I screamed inside my head.

---------------

In the car 
Novody's POV

The ride back home was then silent. Both of  were deep in their thoughts.
They would from time to time look at one another from the corner of the eyes trying not  to be caught.

 

In Jiyong and Chaerin's house


After almost two hours, they finally arrived at their house.
They rushed to their rooms not having enough time to get ready.

An hour later Jiyong was ready and was waiting for Chearin down the stairs.
He was pacing back and forth in his dark green ermenegildo zegna suit, black Gucci necktie and black Saint Laurent shoes and his hair were slicked back.

"Chaerin-ah ! Are you ready ? We are going to be late." screamed Jiyong from downstairs. 
"Coming." Chaerin shouted back.
Jiyong looked at himself in the mirror which was just down the stairs and fixed his necktie. 
He wanted to look at his watch to see what time it was when he heard foot steps.
"I'm here." 

Jiyong looked up and blinked when he saw Chaerin. His breath stopped. She looked like an angel. She was wearing an elegant and flowy light pink Chloé dress. She started going down the stairs and she looked like she was floating in the air with her silver Aquazzura heeled sandals.
When she finally arrived in front of Jiyong he gulped and started breathing again.

"You look beautiful." he said looking at her right in the eyes.
"Thank you." she whispered, intimidated by the intensity of his gaze "You look great too." she then shyly added.
"Thank you." he smiled coming closer before asking for her hand.
She nodded and he grabbed her right hand ready to go.
Hands in hands they went outside and walked to the car.
He then opened the door for her and once she was in it, he ran to the other side to get inside.
"Let's go." he muttered while starting the car.

Going to the restaurant, they kept talking. The atmosphere was so much more different than the one in the morning. 

In her head Chaerin knew she was ready to love again and hoped Jiyong loved her enough to take it slow.

 

In the restaurant 

They arrived inside a luxurious french restaurant. While they were fifteen minutes late, they surprisingly arrived first.
"See ! There was no need to be such in a hurry." Chaerin whispered.
"I was just excited to go out with you." he whispered back making Chaerin blush.
She then fixed her hair not wanting anybody to see.
While they were walking to their table, women and men were looking at them. The first ones, jealous of Chaerin for being with Jiyong, and men, jealous of Jiyong for being with Chaerin.

They arrived at their table and Jiyong pulled Chaerin's chair for her to seat.
Once they were perfectly seated a waiter came to take their order. Since they had to wait to order their foods, they decided to order drinks. Jiyong ordered a bottle of Pétrus but not wanting to drink alcohol tonight, Chaerin decided to order a glass of orange juice.
"I will be right back." the waiter bowed and left.

"No alcohol tonight ?" Jiyong asked.
"No thanks." she smiled "But who are we meeting tonight ?"
"Ah ! Yes ! We are waiting for an old friend of mine. I guess you two already met."
"Really ? And what is his name."
"Well he, is a she. Her name is..." he started but was interrupted by the waiter.

"Here's the orange juice " he started before placing the orange juice in front of Chaerin on the table "and the Pétrus".
He then proceed to open it and poured a glass for Jiyong before leaving.

"So..." she started before sipping a little bit of her juice "her name ?".
"Oh ! Her name is..."
"Bora. My name is Bora, Chaerin-sshi. You were talking about me right ?"

When Chaerin raised her head, she was greeted by Bora who was standing in front of their table.

"Bora ?..." Chaerin started "OMO ! It's been a long time !" she stood up to greet her.
"Yes ! So you're the one oppa wanted to introduce to me ?" she asked looking at Jiyong then at Chaerin.
"Ah... Yes." he smiled before asking her to take a seat "But were is the person you were supposed to bring ?"
"Ah ! He had a call..." She turned her head, looking toward the entrance of the restaurant "Ah ! There he is." 
"Jay !?" Chaerin widened her eyes.
"Jay ? Jay Park ?" asked Jiyong and Chaerin nodded.
"You two know each other ?" Bora asked Chaerin.
"Yes. We go to the same University."

As Jay got closer to the table his steps slowed down. "Chaerin-ah ?" Jay said once in front of the table. His eyes then settled on Jiyong.
Bora feeling the tension stood up "Oppa, take a seat. Please...".
He looked at her and slowly sat.
"Why are we here ? I already told you I don't wanted to see him." Jay said looking down at the table.
"You guys need to stop okay. Weren't you friends as kids ?" hearing her he could only smirk.
"Friends ? How could a friend do what he did ?"
"Look Jay. I'm sorry... I... I think we should talk." Jiyong said before standing up.
Jay looked at him and burst out in an obvious forced laugh "Now you want to talk ?"
"Jay please..." Bora begged and with that he stood up.
They left outside and the two girls remained there.
"Wow ! What just happened ?" Chaerin said surprised.

 


Chaerin's POV

I wanted to know who was supposed to eat with us when Bora came. To my surprise she was then followed by Jay.
"Jay !?"
"Jay Park ?" asked Jiyong and I nodded.
"You two know each other ?" Bora asked me so I told her that we go to the same University.

When Jay stopped in front of the table he looked at me "Chaerin-ah ?" 
He then looked at Jiyong and I could see how angry he was.
'But why ?'
Shortly after Bora stood up "Oppa, take a seat. Please...".
He looked at her and sat.

Jiyong wouldn't say a word, he was looking at his glass of wine.

"Why are we here ? I already told you I don't wanted to see him." Jay said looking down at the table.

"You guys need to stop okay. Weren't you friends as kids ?" 
'Friends ?' I thought, I never knew.

"Friends ? How could a friend do what he did ?" Jay asked and Jiyong grabbed his chance to talk.

"Look Jay. I'm sorry... I... I think we should talk." He then stood up.
Jay looked at him and burst into laughter "Now you want to talk ?"
"Jay please..." Bora begged and with that he stood up.
And with that they left.
"Wow ! What just happened ?" 

"Long story !" Bora smiled before taking Jiyong glass to drink from it "Hmmm ! So good !" she squealed in delight.
She then looked at me and squinted her eyes.
"You changed Chaerin-sshi. You look way better than before."
"Well thank you... I guess." I frowned and she laughed "What ?"
"Nothing." She shook her head "So... You and Jiyong oppa..."
"You want to know ?" I asked and she nodded "Well not before you tell me what happened between Jiyong and Jay."
"Aigo !!!" she pouted "Okay."

 

Jiyong's POV

When I saw Jay I knew we had to talk. What happened between us was stupid. I was young and I could be hurtless when I wanted to but I've changed now, and I needed to apologize.
We walked outside and stopped just in front of the restaurant, Jay took his phone out of his pocket and started scrolling through it. 
I cleared my throat to get his attention but he didn't stop, so I started talking to him.

"Jay, about what happened, I'm sorry. You know I was stupid..." I started and he kept looking at I don't know what on his phone.
"Jay, I'm sorry..."
"So what Jiyong ? So what ? You're sorry I get it but what do you expect me to do ?"
Listening to him I was out of words.
"Do you realize how this lie changed my life ?"
"I know and I'm sorry..."
"Stop ! You knew I was innocent and you didn't say a word."
"Listen... I don't know what to say except I'm sorry and I mean it. I was blinded by what I thought was love. I should have said the truth but I didn't and God knows how regretful, stupid I felt and how I still feel."


At the table
Nobody's POV

Chaerin was looking at Bora waiting for her to say to her what happened between Jiyong and Jay.

"So ?" she raised her eyebrows waiting for the girl facing her to tell her what was going on.
"It all started when we were in high school..." she started but was interrupted by a waiter.
"Can I take your order ladies ?"
"Not right now thanks." answered Chaerin.
Before the waiter could go away Bora stopped him "No ! I would like to have a glass of martini please." 
"Sure !" the waiter slightly bowed and then left.
While he left Bora looked at him "He's so handsome ! Right Chaerin-sshi ?" she smiled.
"Maybe" Chaerin shrugged "I don't know."
And it was enough for Bora to burst into laughter "You really haven't changed. On the outside yes but definitely not inside."
Hearing her Chaerin rolled her eyes "Anyways, what happened ?"
"Oh yes ! Sorry !" she smiled before taking another sip from Jiyong's drink "It all started when we were in high school. You know Jiyong was really popular and Jay not so much... Not many knew but they were friends."
"Really ?"
"Yes... They would sometimes hang out together outside from school since our parents knew were also friends..."
"Wait ! He's your brother ?" Asked Chaerin.
"Yes !" she nodded and looked at Chaerin matter-of-factly.
"Okay. They were friends but now they don't want to talk to each other ?"
"Well you know in high school Jiyong was with Kiko right ?"
Hearing her Chaerin thought her head would explose, she had enough with Kiko.

"Hmmm..." she nodded still wanting to hear about what happened.
"Well she's used to lie a lot."
"Tell me about it."
"Well from what I know, it all started when they had a project to do."
"A project ?"
"Yes, they had to make wooden clocks, so the teacher paired students up."
"Yes I remember. I realized today that I was paired up with Jay."
"What ? Really ? So it was you ?"
"Wait what do I have to do with it ?"
"Oh my God ! I really can't believe it !"
"What ??!!"

Just then the waiter came to give the drink to Bora.
"Thanks." she said before drinking from her glass.
"Bora ! Please tell me."
"Apparently, around this time Jiyong wanted to break up with Kiko and get together with the girl Jay was paired up with."
"Me ?" Chaerin widened her eyes.
"Well, from what you told me I guess..."
"And why they stopped being friends then ?"
"Relax ! I'm getting there." she flicked her hair back and resumed "You remember it was a two days project ?" she asked and Chaerin nodded. "After the first class, Jiyong asked Jay if they could switch and he agreed but when Kiko heard about it she knew she was about to lose him, so she lied to him."
She paused and turned around making sure the boys weren't there "Promise me you won't tell Jay or Jiyong I told you about it."
"I promise."
"She told Jiyong that Jay ually abused her."
"What ?" She screamed making everybody look at her.
"Chaerin-sshi ! Sit down !" Bora whispered.
"Sorry." she lowered her head and sat down slightly bowing apologizing to people around them "And Jiyong believed her."
"At that time he could believe everything she told him."
"I think he still could." Chaerin whispered.
"What was that ?"
"Nothing important." she shook her head "Please go on."
"When she told him that, she asked him not to act in it. So he didn't do anything at first, he stood by her side and took "care" of her. That day when Jay called him he didn't answer. The day after when Jay tried to talk to him he ignored him and when their class started, Jiyong stayed with the student he was first paired up with. So that night Jay went to Jiyong's home to know what happened and he was welcomed by a punch..."

 

Flashback
In Jiyong's house
Nobody's POV

The Kwon's front door opened up and a punch immediately came to Jay's cheek.
The later fell on his .
"Jiyong ?" he raised his head to look at the one who just punched him.
"WHAT THE JAY !!!!" Jiyong screamed "How could you do that to her ?" 
"What ? Who ?"

"Don't act like you don't know." 
"I really don't." he said while standing up.
"Kiko... Last saturday... weren't you with her ?" he asked, his eyes dark with anger.
"Yes... she came to my house and we..." he couldn't finish what he wanted to say since Jiyong threw himself at him punching him again and again.
"Jiyong..." Jay pleaded for him to stop, but he just wouldn't. 
Hearing noises from the front door, Jiyong's parents ran to it. Seeing what was happening before their eyes, Jiyong's father grabbed him.
"DAD !!! LET ME GOOOOO !!!!" he tried to set himself free but was surprised by the
strenght of his father.
While his father was stepping back with Jiyong, his mother ran to Jay.
"Jiyong ! What is happening !!!" she then screamed at him.

"I... Was... Just... I was just... Helping her with... Her homework." A breathless Jay said before hardly coughing "I'm sorry... I guess... I guess I shouldn't have helped her." he finished before passing out.
"Jay ! Jay !" Jiyong's mother called him slowly shaking him.

Jay stayed at the hospital three days, when he finally went back to school he got called into the principal office.
"Mom, Dad ? What are you doing here ?
" he asked.
"The principal asked us to come." his mother answered, just after a secretary came to them.
"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Park, Jay Park." she bowed to them "Will you please follow me." she said before leading the way. When they entered the office they saw Kiko and her family, and Jiyong.
When she saw him, Kiko smirked at him and unfortunately he was the only one to see it.

The principal looked at Kiko and smiled. Not many knew but he was her father's good friend. He cleared his voice and stood up "Mr. and Mrs. Park I called you today because of an important matter..."
"My son didn't do anything !" Jay's mother interrupted the principal.
"Mrs. Park, are you saying that miss Mizuhara is lying ?" 
"I guess... Jiyong..." she looked at him " Tell them everything is false... Jiyong...please..." she begged while holding his
hands.
Jiyong lowered his head and slowly withrew his hands from hers.
"Sanctions have to be taken for what he did." he said looking straight into Jay's eyes.
That was it, his words were enough for Jay to be expelled from school. And
everytime his parents tried to inscribe him into another high school, they couldn't seem to to be able to do it. In fact, this News had been spread to every high school in Seoul. They had no other choice but to leave. Leave now and far away.


A month after
In Jiyong's house

Jiyong was in his bed cuddling with Kiko. 
"Ji ?" she called him.
"Hmmm." he whispered.
"It's been such a long time..." she said running her fingers along his arms "...a long time that we did not make love." she finished then turned around to kiss his nec
k.
"Kiko... Wait..." he slowly pushed her "I think we should wait... I don't want to rush you or anything." 
"GOSH !!! Jiyong, if I'm telling you I want it then I want it !" she screamed before grabbing her bag.
"Kiko, wait..." he tried to stop her but she pushed him away.
"I don't need you !" And with that she closed his door.
Jiyong left there looking around him. He then tried to call her but she wouldn't answer. 
He was about to try again when someone knocked at his door. He went to open it believing it was Kiko, but it was not.
"Taeyang ? I wasn't expecting you."
"I know. I just came by to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"
"You need to do something for them."
"Taeyang..." he sighed "What do you want me to do ? He..."
"YOU KNOW HE DIDN'T DO IT !!!" He screamed while punching a nearby wall making a whole in it "Him and his
family won't even be able to come back to Korea anytime soon with this accusation and all these people who chose to side with Kiko because of that lie. You know how powerful her family is. You know the connections they have."
"Bro !" Jiyong frowned.
"KIKO..." He said while clutching his bloody right hand "She's manipulating you. You better open your eyes know before it's too late."
"You never liked her. So when it comes to my relationship with her, Taeyang, I don't need your advices. Thank you." 
Taeyang looked at him smirke
d and shook his head "Okay... Well ! Do you !" he looked at Jiyong one last time then left.

When Taeyang left, he jumped on his bed and screamed into his pillow.
" !" he mumbled.
He then took his phone and tried to call Kiko once again.

After his seventh unsuccessful tries, he decided to go to her house.
He grabbed his car keys but when he got outside his house he noticed that the car had a flat tire.
It took him twenty minutes to change it and when he was finally able to go to Kiko's house the traffic was jammed up.
An hour later, he was finally in her house. Having a spare key he ran upstairs to talk to her but when he arrived in front of her room he froze in his spot.

He could hear her and someone else was with her. Screams could be heard from inside. And what was making him angrier as seconds went by was that he knew these screams were screams of pleasure.
He slowly opened the door and he was right. There she was on top of a man doing what he thought he was the only one to have experienced with her.
"Kiko..." he whispered.
She slightly jumped with surprise before turning her head. Seeing him she jumped out from her bed wrapping the sheet around her, leaving the man now behind her in all his ness.

"Jiyong... I can explain..." she said walking to him.
"What is there to explain ?" he smirked while stepping back.
She walked faster toward him and tried to kiss him "That's not what it looks like." 
"Don't touch me." he pushed her.
"He's nothing to me." she tried to defend herself and her words where followed by a laugh coming from behind her.

Jiyong and Kiko both looked at the man who was dressing up. Once he was finished he walked to the door but stopped in front of Jiyong.
"So you're Jiyong ?  The one who believed such an awful lie." He laughed again "You prefered believing a liar like her instead of believing the truth from your friend." he patted Jiyong's shoulder  and then looked at Kiko "He's too good for you." he smiled then left.

Jiyong was shaking, his mind was a mess. He didn't know what to think about.
"Jiyong... Don't believe him." she said gripping his shirt.
"Get your hands off of me !" he said his eyes empty.
"Jiyong..."
"NOW !!!" he screamed.
"I'm sorry..." she started crying.
"So it was true."
"I just don't wanted to lose you..
. I knew you wanted to break up with me... So I had to do something..."
"So you decided to ruin my friend and his family's life ?"

"But... But... We are made to be together... We can't be appart... Jiyong I love you."
"I know, I just saw how much you loved me a few minutes ago." he smiled bitterly "He told me... He told me again and again... He told me he didn't do it and I didn't believe him..." he laughed and it slowly turned into cries.
"Jiyo..."
"It's over." he
interrupted her.
"NO !" 
"You better tell everyone before I do it myself."
"You want me to do it ?"
"Is that a question ?"
"Then you will have to stay by my side. It is not over. It will never be over. Not now ! Never !"
"You promise you will do it... If I stay with you."
"Of course ! I love you."
"Okay." He said before leaving.

The next day she told the principal she lied about everything. Knowing her and not wanting anything to happen to her, the principal told everyone that Jay wasn't the one involved in the case but someone else and surprisingly nobody asked any questions. The day after his name was cleared out and his parents immediately received calls from Korea telling them they could have their work back if they wanted to.
One week later, they went back to Korea with Bora but leaving Jay, the later not wanting to go back.

 

Back to the dinner
At the table, Chaerin and Bora
Nobody's POV

"Anyways Jay's still mad at Jiyong even if he decided to stay with Kiko just for his name to be cleared out." Bora smiled before now drinking water.
Chaerin shrugged her shoulders "I guess it wasn't that hard for him."
"He can be quite awkward from time to time... And hard to understand but I know he got a big heart. He was the only one to make me understand how toxic my past relationship was. I don't think I would still be here if it was not thanks to him."
Chearin was speechless.
"He may have done questionnable things but he's a good guy." Bora smiled.
"A good guy with a bad person around him." Chearin whispered to herself.

"So now you tell me." Bora crossed her arms.
"What ?" Chaerin looked at her hands under the table then tucked her hair behind her right ear.
"Huggghhh !" Bora rolled her eyes "You and Jiyong oppa."
"Long story..." she cleared .
"I'm all ears." She batted her eyelashes then chuckled.
"Well... I guess we had a story..."
"What kind ?"
"We... We got married."
Bora was shocked, she slided her chair to get closer of Chaerin "What ! So you were the one ??? I heard about it. I heard he got married but I never thought it was with you !"
"Well it was me... B-but... We are not together anymore."
"Really ? Really ?"
"Yes, but I don't regret it. We have an amazing son. His american name is Aaron and his korean name is Jiyong."
"Really ? I never knew about it ! But how come you're not together anymore ? What happened ?" she said getting closer of Chaerin. 
"A lot ! But I guess Kiko played a big part in it."
"I hate her." Bora frowned and flipped her hair to the left.
Chearin puffed out her cheeks and let out a breath "Tell me about it." she said while looking at the ceiling.
Bora was looking at her and started laughing and Chaerin mindlessly started laughing with her.
They laughed their heart out. When their laughs faded away Chaerin looked toward the restaurant entrance.
"Do you think they are okay?"
"Don't worry about them. Tell me more about Aaron. Would you ?"

 


Outside 
Jiyong and Jay 
Nobody's POV 

They decided to walk away from the restaurant so they went to a nearby park.

Jay was looking at the ground, shooked his head then looked at Jiyong "We were friends so why didn't you believe me."
"I don't know. I was stupid. I'm really sorry."
"You know, when I was in the States, during the first months I sweared to myself I will never talk to you ever again. Even when I say it now I keep thinking how childish it sounds. I never thought I could be hurt that way. It wasn't just the fact that you wouldn't believe me, but it was the pain my parents went through. The look in my mother eyes when she first heard about it..." When he said the last word his voice broke so he stopped a moment.
And at that moment Jiyong also found it hard to breath. Eyes filled with tears and throat thightened he didn't know what to say. The only words that could be heard were "I'm sorry...".

"It was so hard... The doubt I could percieve in my mom's eyes when I was telling her that I was saying the truth and that Kiko was lying.
It was all that that made me swear to myself I would never ever talk to you again. But... But when I heard about Bora... And what you did for her... For her to leave that man... And the fact that you were there when I wasn't..."
"You... But you didn't know..."
"But I should have... And for everything you did... For her... I'm willing to forgive... But I will never forget..." and Jiyong nodded.
Hearing him, Jiyong didn't know if he was dreaming. He felt at this moment at peace with himself. 

Jay wipped his tears then cleared his throat "Aigoo ! Dust !"
"Yeah... There's to much." Jiyong said while wipping his eyes.

They walked back to the restaurant but Jay stopped in front of the doors.
"What ? Are you ok ?" Jiyong looked at him.
"What are you doing with Chaerin ?"
"Ah..."