Faith & Ji

Taste of love

"I only see one person who could do it." he said while looking at Jiyong's office. He looked at me and shook his head "You two are really something." and with that he left.

"Jiyong ?"

---------------

Nobody's POV

Jiyong was in his office trying to focus on the work he had to do but his mind kept going back to him and Chaerin's moment.
The way her body completed him. It was magic.
He sighed, stood up and looked out his window.

"What is that ?" he said looking at the sky.
There he saw in the clouds what looked like a J and a C.
He snickered "Guess you really are going crazy."

 

Chaerin's POV

I was in front of my desk thinking about everything that happened. Jiyong and then Soo Hyuk.
I looked at the bouquet and took one strawberry. I looked at it and slowly ate it.
"So good !" I squealed.
'Chaerin-ah' I thought 'You need to get back to your senses.'
I grabbed a bottle of water and drank some. I then looked at the emails I had to answer to. Once I finished I didn't know what to do.
I looked at my watch. It was 4:26 pm. I had still 1 hour and 34 minutes before going back home.
I was debating whether or not I had to call Jiyong to know what I had to do, when he came out of his office.

"Here, he handed me a file." 
"What is this ?"
"A request from one of our client. It's in French so can you translate it please ?" he asked and I nodded. 
How could I refuse anyway, isn't it my job.
He then looked at my desk and when I noticed he was looking at the bouquet I looked at it too. 
"Pretty, isn't it ?" I asked now looking at him.
He nodded then cleared his throat "My parents will pick Aaron up tonight."
"Okay." 
And with that he slowly left.
'His wounds must still hurt him.'

Thirty minutes later I already finished translating the client's file so I decided to take the book and read a little bit. 
This book was so captivating.

'Okay ! Great !' I thought opening the book where I left my bookmark and remembering that I stopped reading when the little guy threw the cookie out his window. I smiled then started reading.


'A few months after that event they took different roads, him staying in Seoul and her leaving for Paris. She grew up being so pretty, everyone on the street would try to talk to her or only look at her. 
He grew up being an handsome man. However, he was also known for going out with many women.

The girl came back in Seoul at the age of 19, missing her home country. 
As soon as she arrived, she was invited to a friend birthday party. That's when they met again. He thought she was the prettiest girl he ever saw. 
When she saw him, she thought he was the most handsome man she ever saw.

"Who is that ?" the guy asked his friend.
"Who ?" he questionned.
"Her." he discreetly pointed at her not wanting anyone to notice.
"Oh her ?" his friend raised his tone making a few people look at them.
"Yah !" the guy muttered before pushing him to grab something to drink.
"A glass of vodka please." he asked the barman.
He was ready to drink when his friend came just behind him.
"Look at you leaving not giving me a chance to answer your question." he snickered "It's Faith." he added before leaving his frozen friend right on his spot.
'Faith ?' he kept repeating in his mind when he got distracted by what he considered was the voice of an angel.

"Can I have an orange juice ?" she shyly asked before running her right hand on the counter. 
Her every movements were analyzed by the guy.
"No alcohol ?" he suddenly said to his own surprise.
She looked at him and lowered her head "I don't drink alcohol." she whispered. 
Not hearing her he got closer "I'm sorry. What did you say ?" he asked.
"I don't drink alcohol." she said once again with the same voice level.

Her voice was so delicate and her tone of voice was like a whisper, bringing people closer and making them dream of an intimate moment with her.

"Too strong for you ?" he breathed, impatient to hear her voice again.
"I just don't like the taste of it." she said still like a whisper.
"I..." he started but was interrupted by the barman.
"Here for you miss." he said smiling to her making the guy frown.
She took her glass ready to leave the counter when the guy slowly rested his hand on her lower back surprising her. She stopped on her track confused.

"I'm sorry." he apologized "Can we talk ?" he asked and she turned around.
"Okay." she nodded.
He grabbed his drink and they left to the balcony.

There, they were welcomed by a gentle breeze. They stood in front of the balcony fence and looked at the scenery, but the guy's eyes quietly settled on the girl.
"I missed that." she smiled making him smile "It's so beautiful." 
"Yes, you're beautiful." he said surpising himself once again.
She looked at him and he cleared his throat "I mean it looks beautiful." he said pointing at the scenery in front of them making her giggle.

"Yes..." he drank a little bit of his vodka to relax. She also grabbed the occasion to take a sip of her own drink.
"It's been a long time Ji." 
'She remembers me ? She remembers me and she still wants to talk to me ?' he thought and looked at his feet.

"Yes... Faith." he said fixing his hair.
She looked at him and smiled "You remember me ?" she whispered as if it was only for herself.
"Of course." he smiled before looking back at her "I'm sorry for everything I did. I was young and stupid."
"What's in the past is in the past." she cutely smiled at him.
Eyes to eyes they looked like words couldn't fully describe how they felt.

"Faith !" Someone screamed once in the balcony bringing them out of their little moment "Let's go !" It was one of her friend "Hurry !" she laughed before going back into the house.

Faith took one step back and he took one step foward.
"I have to go." she breathed.
"Why ?" he protested.
"I'll see you around." she said before leaving.
He tried to go after her but the crowd blocked him. He sighed and finally ended up in the kitchen. There, he found his friend. 

"So ? I saw you two talking... How did it go ?" he questionned while eating a cookie.
"Well... It went well. She's ju..."
"These are so good." his friend cut him off.
"Yah ! You're asking me a question and don't want to hear the answer ?" he fummed.
"Sorry bro. It's just, these cookies are the bomb ! Here, taste one." he defended himself before giving him a cookie.
Ji took a bite of it and it brought back memories to him.
"I know this taste... Faith !" he said before storming out of the kitchen.'


'What is he going to do ?' I squealed turning the page. I looked at the ceiling, exhaled then smiled, I looked at the bouquet and took one strawberry to eat it. It was so good that I giggled.

 


Jiyong's POV

I finished everything I had to do so I slightly looked throught the curtains and looked at Chaerin.
The document I gave her was on the side and she looked like was reading something. She then looked at the bouquet and took one strawerry. Just after she ate it I saw her shoulders moving up and down, I think she was giggling.
'How cute.'
Just then my phone rang. I took it. It was an unknown number.
'Should I answer it ?' I thought and decided that I wouldn't.
I went back in front of the curtain but to my surprise Chaerin wasn't there anymore.
'Where is she ?' 
I was about to go out of my office when my phone rang again. I sighed and answered.

"Hello ?"
"Jiyong..." 
"Kiko ?"
I could hear her trying to muffle tears "We need to talk."
"Kiko..."
"Please !" she begged.
"It's over. Kiko... Don't you think we are better off this way."
"N...NO !!!" she screamed.
"Kiko. Just live your life and let me live mine." I said then hang up.
No even 20 seconds later I received a message from what seemed to be her new phone number.

In uppercase letters she wrote : "YOU WILL REGRET IT ! TRUST ME, YOU WILL !!!"

'Is she crazy !' I thought.

 

 


Nobody's POV
In Jiyong's car

"You don't mind if I read something ?" she asked looking at a bridge far away which seemed to levitate over the water.
"Sure." he said stopping at the red light.

He looked at her as she took her book out of her bag.
The traffic was jammed up on the expressway so she thought she might as well read some more.

While driving, Jiyong kept looking at her from time to time and saw how into it she was.

"The taste of love ?" he questionned, and as soon as she heard him she stopped reading.
She looked at him without saying a word. 
A few seconds after she cleared and said "Yes..."
"To me... The taste of love is your banana pancakes." he smiled wildely making Chaerin freeze on her spot.
"What did you say ?" she gulped getting back to her senses, she tucked some of her hair at the back of her hear.

"Well... You know... your ba...banana pancakes ?" he stuttered.
"Uh mm." she nodded.
"The taste of yours are... unique. I don't know but I think I could say that it tastes like love."
"Really ?" she asked still looking at him.
Feeling her stare on him, Jiyong got shy and his heart started beating faster and faster.
"I... you're not reading your... your book anymore ?"
"I... yes...yes !" she nodded, bit her bottom lip then resumed where she stopped.
Jiyong silently sighed trying to calm his heart.

After thirty minutes of ride, they were still far away from their home. 
Usually, the ride back home would only take twenty minutes, but since an accident happened, everybody slowed down.
Jiyong looked at Chaerin who was really focused in her book. She looked like she didn't mind the traffic. Not wanting to disturb her, he decided to let her read.

 


Chaerin's POV

We were driving back home when I was taken by a desire to read the book I borrowed.
"You don't mind if I read something ?" I asked Jiyong while looking the window. He agreed without hesitations.
I quickly grabbed the book and opened it where I left my bookmark.

When I heard him say the name of the book, I don't know why but I froze for a few seconds. I think five seconds.
When I got back to my senses I tried to act like nothing happened. I don't wanted him to ask me what happened when even myself didn't know.

"To me... The taste of love is your banana pancakes." he smiled wildely and I froze once again.
"What did you say ?" I gulped.
 "Well... You know... your ba...banana pancakes ?" he stuttered.
"Uh mm." I nodded wanting to hear what he wanted to say.
"The taste of yours are... unique. I don't know but I think I could say that it tastes like love."

At his words, I could feel my heart beating fast, loud, I thought that it could explose at any moment.
"Really ?" I asked looking at him, only him. 
Everyday he looked more handsome, more manly, more...
'NO !!! STOP BEING CRAZY !!! Why am I thinking this way ?'

"I... you're not reading your... your book anymore ?" he asked.
"I... yes...yes !"  I nodded and went back on reading.

 

'Faith and her friend stormed out of the home ready to go and meet one of their other friend.
"Faith, hurry up ! Jeni is waiting for us !"
They would have been long gone if some guys didn't try to hit on the girls on their way out.

"Alright." she whispered while giggling.
Once in the car, Faith friend named Anna started it.
They were ready to leave when they heard someone screaming.

"Faith ! Faith !!!" It was Ji running toward them.
They turned their head and Anna shook hers "Is he crazy ?"
Faith got out of the car.
"What are you doing ?" she slowly asked while smoothing her dress.
"This..." he showed her the cookie.
"Yes ?" 
"I... I want to be the only one to eat those. N...nobody else." he said walking closer of her "Come with me. We have so much to talk about."
"Ji..." she said.
"Uh um ! Excuse me Romeo but WE" she started pointing at Faith and herself "have to go somewhere." before rolling her eyes.
Ji ignored her and only looked at Faith.

"I have to go somewhere." Faith said.
"You really need to ?" he asked.
"Um." she nodded.
"Then I'll come with you." he opened the back door and got inside the car.
"Hey !" exclaimed Anna still ignored by Ji.
Faith quietly entered the car and asked Anna to go.

The entire ride to Jeni's home was silent. Multiple times Ji opened his mouth to say something just to change his mind a second later.
When they finally arrived at Jeni house, she was surprised to see Ji, but when she looked at Faith she knew better not to say anything.

After the awkwardness, while seating on the ground, they spent the entire night talking about their life, their childhood.
"Why were you always mean to me ?" Faith suddenly asked.
When the girls heard Faith asking this question they left the living room pretending to go look for some ice.

"I..."
"I don't know why I'm asking you this question ? It's in the past right ?" she said while tucking a strand behind her ear.
"No !" he waved his hand "I was stupid I guess... And...and scared."
"Scared ?" she looked at him and her beauty kept making him want her and only her. He wanted her heart, her mind and if she wanted to, her body.

"You were so perfect..."
"Perfect...?"
"Yes..." he said looking at the ground "Everybody liked you. Every boys liked you, even my parents loved you... I don't wanted to be like everybody else." he paused and giggled before shaking his head.
"So you were mean to me because you don't wanted to be like everybody else ?"
"Stupid right ? But that was the only for me to be different I guess... But when I ate your cookies..."
"Tonight ?" she interrupted him.
"No !" he laughed "When we were 13. You remember... we went to a birthday party and you baked some cookies."
"Um." she nodded once again "You even threw my plate on the ground." she frowned and to him, it was the cutest frown ever.
"Sorry. I was so overwhelmed by the taste that I responded in a weird way."
"They tasted good right ?" she smiled.
"Really good. They tasted like love. And those you made tonight. It's exactly the taste of love."
"The taste of love ?" she giggled.
"Yes." he smiled looking at her.
"What if I tell you that my mom baked the cookies. Would you pursue her ?" she laughed.
"WHAT ! Really ??? Faith ! Are you serious ?"
"Uh um." she slowly nodded.
"I... I can't pursue your mom."
"Why ?"
"Because ! She's your mom, she's married to your father and because I like you." 
Hearing him Faith slowly smiled.
"I was joking. I baked them... You like me ?"
"I've always liked you."
"I like you too Ji."

Eyes to eyes, they looked in each others heart. 
They got closer, slowly closing the gap between them.
Nose to nose, they were looking at each of their features.
Lips to lips, they tasted for the first time the sweetest thing.

They lost themselves in their first kiss oblivious of the two pairs of eyes looking at them from the kitchen.
"FINALLY !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!" They screamed when they joined them.


And the same screams were heard when Faith and Ji left the Church newly married.
"CONGRATULATIONS !!!!"


'They are so cute !' I said closing the book before putting it back in my bag.
'Their love make me think of Jiyong and I... NO !!!!' I shook my head. That couldn't be it 'I hate Jiyong right ?' I paused in my mind for a moment trying to find an answer to my own question.
Not finding a convincing answer, I started think about what I hated about him.
I first thought about how I hate his arrogance... but also how he can look handsome when this trait of his personality appears at work.
'Wait Chaerin-ah ! We hate HIM !'

So I then thought about how I hated his attitude toward people and how he loved showing them who was the boss... but also the warmth of his voice when he would talk to me.
'No Chaerin-ah !' I pouted 'You hate him ! We hate him !!! Right ?'

Finally I was sure I found what I hated most about him. It was his lips, how he smirked when he was thinking he was right... but also how they completed mine when we kissed.
My mind was a mess 'OMG !!! Chaerin-ah !!! You still love Jiyong ??!!!' I screamed inside my head.