A break

Taste of love

 

"Perfect, I'll be at your house in ten minutes. Is that okay?"
"Sure, see you."
"See you."
---------------
 
In Seunghyun's house
 
Seunghyun was in the living room and just finished talking to Jiyong on the phone. 
Bom came behind him and kissed his neck.
"Tabi oppa, who was it?" she asked sitting on his lap.
 
Seunghyun got nervous he was planning to make Bom go to her meeting earlier for her not to meet Jiyong since he knew she could kill him.
"No-nobody."
"Choi Seunghyun" she looked at him in the eyes "I said, who was it?" she asked again. She crossed her arms and frowned waiting for his answer.
 
"Babe" he whined "Don't look at me like that, please."
"Seunghyun, I said who was it?"
 
"It-it was Jiyong." he mumbled praying Bom wouldn't ear anything.
"WHAT?" she screamed standing up "I hope he's not coming here."
"He...y-yes he is."
"Seunghyun, call him and tell him to go back to Kiko's house."
"But babe, he wants to meet me. He seemed a little bit lost."
"Yeah right he's lost." she rolled her eyes "Don't you remember what he did to my baby Rin?"
"I do but maybe meeting him will help him remember about what he forgot."
"I'm warning you Mr. Choi Seunghyun don't do that. He must remember everything by himself. I don't want him to think he's in love with Chaerin just because we told him. And if he can't remember anything about my baby Rin then that means he doesn't care about her or love her."
"But babe..." he stood and tried to reason her.
"No but Choi Seunghyun. I'm leaving, I don't want to see him and since I know you will not cancel this meeting I prefer to leave right now. Bye." she said walking to the door.
"What about my kiss?"
Hearing him she smirked and opened the door "Kiss my Mr. Choi Seunghyun." she said then slammed it.
 
He sighed then dropped his body into the couch.
Six minutes after someone knocked at his house' door. He opened the and saw Jiyong smiling sadly.
"Jiyong, come in." 
"Thanks." Jiyong entered Seunghyun's house, took his shoes off and followed his friend to the living room.
"Do you want to drink something?" asked Seunghyun.
"Yes, some water please."
Seunghyun went to the kitchen and after two minutes came back with a small bottle of water and some cookies.
"Thanks hyung."
"Your welcome."
 
"So, what's bringing you here?" asked Seunghyun sitting on the couch next to Jiyong.
"I-I wanted to ask you something." he answered lowering his head.
 
Seunghyun didn't felt good especially after what Bom told him, he wanted to help his friend but don't wanted to go against his girlfriend's words.
"Go ahead." he frowned and ate a cookie.
 
"I-I... I feel that something isn't right in my relationship with Kiko."
"What are you talking about? You were the one saying to everyone that you always loved her and only loved her."
"I-I know but I feel that our relationship isn't right. Wh-when I'm with her I feel like I'm cheating on someone."
"Really?" Seunghyun widened his eyes "Do you remember about something else?"
"Yesterday, I remembered about some banana pancakes she made once and I-I asked her to make me some but she immediately started to act weirdly. She said she felt sick and everything, but I know she was lying. And today she cooked these banana pancakes but something was off. It didn't tasted like the ones I remembered about."
"But what was special about the banana pancakes you remember about?"
"It-it tasted...it tasted like love." he said smiling "Kiko's ones were good but they were nothing near those I remember about."
"Then maybe Kiko isn't the one who made them." said Seunghyun wanting to help his friend and going a little bit against Bom's words.
 
"What? Hyung." Jiyong stood up "What did you say?"
"Look Jiyong, I really want to help but but you have to remember about everything by yourself."
"Hyung, please." Jiyong knelt in front of Seunghyun "Does Chaerin-sshi have something to do with this memory? Was she the one who made these banana pancakes?"
 
"Jiyong..."
"Hyung, please, tell me where she is. I don't know why but I think, no, I know I have to meet her."
"Jiyong..." said Seunghyun but was interrupted by Jiyong again.
"Hyung, please."
"JIYONG LISTEN TO ME! GOSH!" screamed "She's not in Korea anymore."
"What?"
"Sh-she left four days ago."
"Did she left because of me?"
"Jiyong, I can't tell."
"Hyung please. I thought you were my bestfriend or did I forgot that we weren't anymore?"
"Yah Jiyong, I'm still your bestfriend it's just...I'm sure you'll remember about everything pretty soon."
 
Jiyong stood up and passed his hand through his hair.
"Do you know where she is?"
"N-no."
"Wow. I didn't know you were like that hyung."
"Jiyong, I swear I don't know where she is."
 
"Okay, sorry hyung I believe you. It's just that with everything that happened I'm kinda lost."
"I got you. Listen I think you should just relax and everything will get back to you."
Jiyong nodded "Yes, you're right. I-I think I should go back to Kiko's apartement."
"I'm sorry Jiyong."
"No, don't be. It's my fault, I got into this stupid accident on purpose." he sarcastically said walking to the main door.
"Jiyong, if I know where she is I will tell you." sighed Seunghyun.
"Thanks hyung. Bye." he slipped one his shoes and was ready to leave but decided to ask something to Seunghyun.
 
"Hyung did...did you know that Chaerin had with Teddy, Seungri and Jay?" asked Jiyong.
"WHAT?" Seunghyun widened his eyes "Who told you that?"
"K-Kiko."
"And you believed her? Bom, was right, if you think Chaerin is able to go that low, then I shouldn't help you remembering about anything."
"I-I..." Jiyong tried to talk but Seunghyun slammed the door at his face.
 
He frowned and slowly went back to his car. He drove back to his house and when he finally got into it he saw Kiko waiting for him in the living room.
 
"Oppa, you're finally here." she jumped at his neck.
"Yes, why are you so happy?"
"I knew you didn't really like the pancakes I made this morning so I made other pancakes for you to taste it. And this time I didn't forgot anything." she said leading him to the kitchen.
 
She made him seat and gave him a plate of banana pancakes.
"Here for you babe."
He smiled, took his fork and took a mouthful of it.
"So, how is it?" she asked anticipating his answer.
 
"Babe" he stood up "It still doesn't taste like the ones I remember about."
"Jiyong, baby. I've always been the one and only you loved." she said carressing his cheek.
"Look, Kiko. I don't know anything anymore. I know I love you, or I think I love you but something still doesn't seem right. I-I...let's take a break."
 
"What? Are you kidding me? Did Seunghyun say anything to you? Did he lied like your other friends? Did he tell you you were in fact in love with Chaerin? Listen to me, you can't break up with me."
"I didn't say I wanted to break up. I said let's take a break."
"Jiyong, it's the same." she pushed his shoulder and started hitting his chest.
 
"Kiko..."
"No...Jiyong" she cut him "You can't, you just can't. Chaerin is just a . Don't believe them."
"Kiko...I-I asked Seunghyun if it was true that Chaerin had with Teddy, Seungri and Jay and he immediately got angry. He said to me that he couldn't figure out how I believe these nonsense." he said walking to their room.
"And you believe him, so now you are saying that I'm a liar. I don't know, maybe he even slept with her, who knows, this girl is so desperate."
"Kiko..."
"No, Jiyong...stay with me don't go." she grabbed his hands preventing him from taking his belonging.
 
"Kiko, I just need some time alone to remember about anything and when I will, if you said the true I will get back to so you don't have to worry." he kissed her forehead and went back on packing his stuff.
 
Furious she went out of the room and ran to the living room. Once there, she heard her phone ringing.
"Hello?" she answered crying over the phone.
"Kiko. It's Nicola. Is everything alright?"
"Nicola. I...Jiyong...he..." she cried.
"Kiko. Calm down" he cut her "Isn't he with you?"
"Y-yes but he wants to leave."
"But, you told me he forgot everything about Chaerin when you knocked him down with your car in Japan."
"Sssh, don't talk about that." she whispered "He still doesn't remember about anything but he wants to break up."
"Okay, just don't insist. Let him do what he has to do, maybe he will get back to you."
"Yes, you're right. I have to hung up see you."
"See you Kiko."
 
She hung up and when she turned around she jumped a little because Jiyong was just behind her.
"Wow, you scared me oppa."
"Sorry. I took some clothes, I think I will come and take the rest tomorrow."
"But where will you stay?"
"At my parents' house."
She nodded and came closer to him.
 
"Oppa, I understand you and I will wait. But before you go, can we have a hangover?"
Jiyong frowned and sighed "No. Listen Kiko. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye." he said before going out of Kiko's apartement.
 
Kiko went crazy and started throwing things in her apartement "Who do you think you are Kwon Jiyong? You can't leave me. If you think you will go back with her, believe me, with what you did to her I'm sure she will never forgive you." she screamed.
 
 
Jiyong got into his car and started it. He drove to his parents' house and once he was there he knocked at the door.
"My Jiyongie. What are you doing here?" asked his mom.
"Mom, can I live with dad and you for some times. I don't even know where I am in my life anymore."
"Awww, my baby. Of course." her mother smiled then hugged him.
 
 
 
One year and half later
 
Chaerin was still in Paris. She found an apartement in Paris 14th district, found a job as a waitress in a cafe and was going to school at La Sorbonne university.
 
She already told her friend she was in Paris and even if they couldn't see her they all knew how much she grow up and became an outstanding woman.
 
She was in her kitchen ready to cook when her phone rang.
"Hello? Bom unnie?"
"CHAERIN-AH???" screamed Bom "I hope you're ready to come to Korea."
"Yes."
"I'm so excited to see you. I wished you would have come earlier, not only because I'm getting married."
"Unnie, don't be like that."
"Okay. But Chaerin-ah?"
"Yes?"
"Is the man of your life ready to see us too?"
"I think, everytime I'm talking about all of you he's smiling and laughing and all."
"I'm sure he's more handsome in real life. I mean I saw him in pictures but I'm sure he's more handsome in real life."
Chaerin hearing her unnie laughed "You'll see unnie. You'll see...unnie, wait...Unnie, I-I'll call you later. See you."
"O-okay. See you baby Rin."