I'll wait

Taste of love

 

In Paris 
In a Ritz's suite
 
Chaerin was looking for a new school but decided to call her friends since she knew how worried they must be.
She took the room's phone and called Sandara knowing that at the hour she was calling they were usually at Dara's house.
 
She dialed her friend's number but made sure to make an unknown call. After two ring Dara answered.
"Hello? Who is it?" she asked with a weak voice. 
Hearing her Chaerin felt guilty because she knew she was the cause of one of her bestfriend weak voice.
 
"D-Dara unnie." she stutured.
"CHAERIN-AH!" screamed Dara over the phone and she immediately heard the other girls screaming at the back.
'I knew they were there.' she thought.
"Chaerin-ah, where are you? Please." asked Dara.
"I'll tell you later."
Dara sighed and felt sad but knew they had to let some Space to Chaerin for her to breathe.
 
"Okay. You'll tell us when you'll feel better. But I hope you are okay?"
"Unnie don't worry. I'm fine."
"Chaerin-ah..." cried Dara "You have to call us every day okay."
Chaerin didn't wanted to cry but it was to hard she suddenly felt tears running down her face.
 
"...yes...unnie." she sobbed "Unnie?"
"Hmmm?"
"Can you please take care of Jiyong?"
"Chaerin-ah..."
"Unnie, please." she cut her off "It's not his fault, so please."
"O-okay."
 
Chaerin still wanted to talk but knew if she was staying on the phone a little more with her unnie she would take the first flight back to Korea.
"Unnie, I have to go. I have a lot of things to do."
"Okay...Chaerin-ah, wait." 
"Unnie...unnie?"
 
"Chaerin-ah, I miss you." said a different voice.
Chaerin immediately recognized the voice and cried harder.
 
"Bom unnie~ don't do that to me. If you continue I might go back to Korea in the moment."
"I miss you, I miss you, I miss you." Bom laughed and Chaerin followed with tears still falling from her eyes.
"Is Minzy here?" asked Chaerin thinking that she better talk to Minzy to since she already talked to Bom and Sandara.
 
"Yes, but sh-she doesn't really want to talk to you." stuttered Bom.
"Really? Be-because I left?"
"Hmmm."
"Unnie, can you put the loudspeaker please?"
Bom the loudspeaker "It's on."
 
"Minzy-ah, why don't you want to talk to me?"
"..."
"Are you mad at me because I left?"
"..."
"How did you expected me to stay there when the guy I love is with someone else and doesn't remember anything about me?"
 
"Y-you should have fight for him." Minzy finally spoke.
"Minzy-ah, you have to understand me. How would you feel if Daesung forgot everything about you?"
"I-I would have stayed beside him no matter what and tried everything for him to remember me or to fall in love with me again."
"Minzy-ah you are to strong. I'm...I'm not as s-strong as you." said Chaerin breaking down.
 
"Unnie..." said Minzy but Chaerin didn't answered she was crying for the first time because she felt like a coward.
 
"Unnie...I'm sorry."
"No Minzy-ah, you're right. I shouldn't ha-have leave but that's what I did. I might feel like a coward also but I prefer feeling like a coward than feeling my heart breaking everytime I see the man I love with another one."
"Unnie, I'm sorry. I don't know what you feel I shouldn't have said what I said. Would you forgive me?"
 
"Minzy-ah, you don't have to apologize okay? Let's just forget about that. Deal?"
"Deal."
 
Chaerin then heard clapping sound in the background and knew that her unnies where the one clapping. She laugh but remembered that she had still to look for a new school.
 
"Minzy-ah, I have to go. I still have a lot of things to do."
"Okay bye." said Minzy.
"Bye." screamed her unnies.
 
Chaerin chuckled then hung up.
 
She went back to her computer and finished her application for the school she wanted.
She then took her shower and slipped on a cute white dress.
She was ready to go to out when she heard her suite's bell. She frowned wondering who it could be and walked to the door.
She didn't looked through the peephole but opened the door.
 
"Oppa!" exclaimed Chaerin.
"Chaerin-ah! Finally." said Seungri and hugged her.
She was happy to see her Seungri oppa but at the same time mad because she just didn't wanted to see anyone that would make her think about Jiyong.
 
"Oppa why...why are you here?"
"I just wanted to see you Chaerin-ah."
"But I-I'm fine."
"Yes. Now I know but I didn't knew for the past three days. You should have at least call me."
"Okay, I'm sorry but when are you going back to Korea?"
"Wow. Chaerin-ah, you don't want me to stay in Paris?"
"No, it's not what I mean but...anyways. Sorry. But I have to see someone now, do you want to come with me or...?"
"I'll come with you." he cut her off "Who is this someone?"
"Someone I made friend with. He's so nice."
"A guy?" he raised his voice.
 
Chaerin frowned "Why? Is that a problem?"
"No. Not at all. It's just, you only been here for three days and you are already friend with someone."
"Yes, we met in the plane and he's so nice. You'll see you will like him."
"But why so soon???" he raised his voice.
"Seungri oppa, what is going on with you? It's my life. I can be friend with whoever I want to be friend with. So are you coming or not?" she said looking for a jacket.
 
"I thought we could go out and eat something just the two of us." he said fidgeting with his fingers.
"Awww, Seungri oppa, don't be like that. What if we eat togheter tomorrow just the two of us, hmm? But now I have to see my friend, I'm sure you will like him." she slipped on her shoes and then looked at Seungri waiting for him to answer.
 
"Okay, but wait for me here. I'll drop my suitcases in my suite and then we'll go." he rushed down the hallway and opened the sixth suite next to Chaerin's.
 
After three minutes he came back running to Chaerin.
"Where are we going?" he asked.
"To a restaurant, Le quinzième. They are cooking the best foie gras."
"Okay."
 
 
At the restaurant
 
They entered the restaurant following a waiter to go to their table which was already reserved.
"Oppa!" said Chaerin with a hint of excitation in her voice as she came closer to their table and saw Kim Hyun Joong.
 
"Chaerin-ah!" he greeted back and hugged her.
Seeing the two of them closeness, Seungri frowned. 'Why are they so close, they only know each other for three days.' he thought, but his thoughts were interrupted when Chaerin introduced him to her new friend.
"Hyun Joong oppa, this is Seungri oppa a very good friend of mine and Seungri this is Kim Hyun Joon oppa, a very good friend of mine too." she said introducing the two of them.
They shook hands and took each one of them a seat.
They ordered and started eating.
 
The diner was unusually silent and Chaerin was nervous since when she was eating with Seungri they were never silent and it was the same with Hyun Joong.
 
"Seungri oppa, do you know that Kim Hyun Joong loves to dance too?" she said trying to living up the atmosphere.
But it seems she failed when Seungri started talking "Chaerin-ah" he sighed  "I never met him before, how do you want me to know anything about him." he said setting down his fork and standing up.
 
"Chaerin-ah, I have to go." he said and Chaerin frowned.
"Oppa...why? Are you okay?"
"Y-yes...I'll see you tomorrow. Kim Hyun Joong-sshi, it was a pleasure meeting you." he shook Chaerin's new friend's hand and left but not before kissing Chaerin's cheek.
 
Left alone Kim Hyun Joong looked at Chaerin and she smiled apologatically for what just happened.
"I'm sorry."
"No, it's okay. But I need to ask you something?"
"Really? Go ahead." she said bringing her finger to her chin wondering what was the question he so wanted to ask her.
 
"Are you and...and him together?"
"WHAT?" Chaerin was clearly shocked "Oppa...what are you talking about?"
"I was just wondering because he seemed pretty pissed to know you had a new friend here in Paris and that quickly. So are you together?"
"NO."
"So, maybe he is your ex?"
"Oppa, I'm not with him, never had and never will. Seungri oppa is like a brother to me."
"Then you are the only one thinking like that. This guy loves you."
"Oppa, your wrong Seungri is thinking the same way as me. Don't worry about that."
Kim Hyun Joong nodded but knew Chaerin herself was trying not to see the obvious.
 
"What are you doing tomorrow?" he asked trying to change the subject.
"I have to see a school."
"Which one?"
"La Sorbonne."
"Really?"
She nodded and looked at him.
"Why?" she asked.
"I wanted us to meet and eat togheter or something like that."
"Oppa, I'm sorry but after that I have to meet Seungri I promised we would spend some alone time togheter."
'This guy really.' thought Hyun Joong.
 
"Okay, but call me if you still have some time to meet me or for the day after tomorrow." he smiled looking at her lovingly.
Chaerin blushed and answered "O-okay...okay oppa."
She suddenly stood up and he followed "Are you leaving already?" he asked confused.
"Yes...I-I'm really tired and I have to sleep before going to this school tomorrow."
He nodded and walked to Chaerin, he cupped her face and kissed her forehead then his eyes settled on hers "I'll drive you." 
"Oppa...you...you don't have to." said a panicked Chaerin tryin to look at everything but these amazing eyes.
"I know but I want to." he said coming closer and hugging her.
When he hugged her, Chaerin frowned and immediately stepped back "Okay...let's go." she said walking ahead of him not even waiting for him.
 
They reached Hyun Joong's car and left to Chaerin's hotel.
Silence was surprisingly filling the car and Kim Hyun Joong tried to start a conversation.
"Did you try to look for an apartement?" 
But his try failed when she quickly answered.
"Yes." Not wanting the conversation to go further.
"Did you find anything interesting?"
"No."
He sighed and looked at her.
"Stop looking at me. Look at the road, I don't want to get into an accident." she said.
 
He sighed and his eyes settled back on the road.
"Did I do something wrong Chaerin-ah?"
"Oppa...please just stop. I'm fine okay."
Kim Hyun Joong perfectely knew that she wasn't answering his question but decided to let it go and nodded.
 
After fifteen minutes they arrived to Chaerin's hotel and Kim Hyun Joong was still wondering what he had done wrong for her to be like that. He already knew her past, her close past since she felt good with him and really ed him even if they had met three days ago.
Chaerin breathed deeply and it pulled Hyun Joong out of his thoughts.
 
Still looking outside her window she started talking "I'm sorry oppa." she laughed "You might think I'm crazy." she smiled and looked at him.
"No." he nodded his head "You're not crazy. You're the most sane person I met in my life." he said looking at her as if she was the only thing he could see in this world.
 
Seeing him looking at her, Chaerin's smiled slowly disappeared. She might not be an expert when it comes to dating and all these things but she knew the eyes of a man in love. She experienced with Jiyong the night before the accident. She knew at this moment she had to make things clear between the two of them.
 
"Oppa, I...I still love him. I left Korea only three days ago."
"I know, but I'll wait." he reached for her hand but she moved it away.
"Oppa, I have to go. I'll call you later." she said going out of the car and as soon as she was out she started running into the hotel leaving a desperate Hyun Joong alone.
 
"I'll wait Chaerin-ah. I'll wait." he whispered before starting his car ready to go back to his house.