09. Angel

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

Jongin can feel the pulse of his heartbeat drumming in his head.  He tries to switch his lying position, but the hammering won’t stop. He closes his eyes, only to open them again, and when they’re open, they keep threatening to close again.

His roommate, Kyungsoo comes in with an icepack, but Jongin just pushes it away because it makes the pounding in his head worse. The migraine medicine should be kicking in by now, but it hasn’t and he fears that it might not even start working.

A cold sweat breaks loose on his forehead and he asks Kyungsoo to turn off all the lights and shut all the doors. When the silence and darkness finally comes, he feels it start to dissipate slowly, but when a loud crash, Kyungsoo’s hushed yelling, and Chanyeol’s apologies come staggering from the kitchen, the setback is almost ten times worse than usual and Jongin just groans in frustration and pain.

A few more minutes, or maybe hours pass and still there’s no sign of it letting up. He’s exhausted of the pain and thinks that fainting would be a nice option when he hears the door open and shut. Hushed footsteps reach his bedside and when he peeks his eyelids open, the most beautiful being on the planet is peering down at him, worry etched into her flawless facial features. Her hand—icy cold from being outside—most likely—touches his forehead and she takes a deep breath.

“How are you feeling Jongin? You look miserable,”

Her voice is full of apprehension and Jongin thinks it’s beautiful. It sounds just like a lullaby in his ears and a smile crosses his lips. The girl’s face of concern turns to mystification, and she leans in further to get a closer look.

Jongin just can’t get over how this angel could have found him at a time like this, but he’s grateful. He reaches up and touches her hair; it’s as soft as the thread of Athena’s tapestry. He then pulls her in with his hand and takes in a lungful of the familiar perfume. He can feel her tensing at his touch and without even a single warning; he takes her lips upon his.

It’s soft and quick, but Jongin can feel his lips burning from the sensation. When he lets the girl pull herself back and falls back onto the bed, smiling, he finally notices that the migraine is completely out of reach. His hand quickly finds hers and winds their fingers together.

“You’re an angel, Jung Soojung.”

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

OMGee~ I'm so sorry guise!!! I haven't updated in AGES, but it's because I'm busy with the new semester! Please forgive me! There's a little bonus below, and if you haven't seen it before, than you're in for a real treat! ^^
Oh, and I'm also double updating in JUST A SECOND! And because I want to make up for my MIA-ness, I'm adding my...two favorite drabbles that I've written so far! I hope you like them just as much as I do! ^^

 

Guess who it is~~~! (those who don't already know!!!)