76. Rocking

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

He doesn’t even bother switching on any lights. He crumbles onto the sofa in his dark living room, bones and muscles letting loose in a puddle of drained energy. 

He’s miserable. It seeps the life out of him like water draining from a sink. 
 
“We’re done. We’re strangers now.” 
 
Soojung’s voice spins in and out of his head. He grips his scalp and pulls, burst of frantic frustration all too quickly killed by mental exhaustion. 
 
This time, something about it feels a little different. What?
 
Jongin knows. He has his answer right there. This time, he’s the only one left squirming on the curb. Miserable and pitiful. 
 
She’s too big and too proud. She’s the kind of girl to never lose a single sentence of an argument. And Jongin is plunged deep into that, that side of her that is fire. 
 
Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol - they’ve long since stopped being of any real help. 
 
“Why bother with all the sulking and pouting? You’re just gonna get back together tomorrow.” 
 
As much as he’s tired of the people around them telling him that, he’s tired of fighting, too. 
 
Why do they do these things? Really, why? 
 
Day in, day out, Jongin and Soojung go at each other’s throats. They’re supposed to be lovers, but anyone watching would call them enemies. Whose fault it that? 
 
It’s crazy. It’s absurd. It’s their relationship. 
 
He twists and turns on the sofa until his phone falls out of his pocket. Hair a mess from all the tearing out, shirt and dress pants all wrinkled from the frenzied puddle of his state, he picks up the phone, watching the screen light up to show Soojung. A photo he snuck of her while she sat absorbed in a book, during one of their spontaneous picnics to the river. 
 
He misses her already. He misses her beautiful eyes and playful smile and even that fire of a personality she has. 
 
He calls her. It rings four times. 
 
“What?” It’s not the worst tone he’s heard.
 
“Hey… where are you?” He knows her answer already.
 
“Home. You?” 
 
“Same.” 
 
They fall quiet. He listens with the phone digging into the lines of his ear. He hears her moving about, opening a door to something. 
 
“Sis is out. Wanna come over?” The fire in her tone is not a question. It’s a command. 
 
Jongin bolts up from the sofa, fully recharged. “Be there in five.” 
 
The front door isn’t locked. He kind of rushes in. She’s sitting on her sofa cuddling with her laptop. Her eyes land automatically on the chicken and beer in his hands, not him. “Hey there, stranger,” She grins, mischievously. 
 
He puts the food on the coffee table, grabs her laptop and pushes it away, and plops down beside her. 
 
“Your clothes are…” 
 
She starts on something that has got to be the most unimportant thing ever and Jongin is tired of that, so he grabs her chin and kisses her, hard. 
 
She stutters a little into their mouths, but only briefly. Because she’s the kind of girl who is really good at kissing anytime, anywhere, and to prove the point, she climbs on top of his lap to kiss him from above, forceful enough to poke a Jongin-sized hole into her sofa. 
 
“You got spicy chicken, right?” 
 
Jung Soojung is ing crazy. 
 
 

 

Hello! It's Jellyfriedgreen7, the spontaneous (and old-of-age...) co-author.

I hope life has been good to you all this past summer! Be prepared for a chilly fall and icy winter! 

This is the randomest thing I cranked out like, twenty minutes ago. It is inspired by, and more or less figuratively, the title song of the 2013 Teen Top Class album, Teen Top's Rocking. It's an old song, but a damn good one! 

DON'T forget to comment and subscribe!

 

 

By Jellyfriedgreen7