52. Love Story

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,

My love as deep; the more I give to thee,

The more I have, for both are infinite.” 

Soojung reads the lines from her book and sighs. She gently puts her copy of William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" down and looks over the table at her boyfriend. He's immersed in his own reading of the same book, head dipped low and eyes slightly bored.

"Jongin?" she calls, wanting his attention. He's reluctant to look up in the middle of a sentence, but he does anyway and raises his eyebrows.

"Why isn't our love story so sweet like in the play?"

Soojung feel like she's in first grade again, asking her mother why she can't eat the cookies before it's been baked in the oven. Her boyfriend, Jongin, gives her the same look her mother used to give her, a small smile mixed with the rise of a brow.

"Why would you want our story to be like that? Romeo dies because he thinks Juliet is dead, and Juliet kills herself because Romeo died. That's sad and stupid. Why would you ever want it to be like that?" he asks, hands reaching over the table and fingers entangling with her own. She shrugs.

"Because they would die for each other? Because all they want is each other? I don't know," she replies. His thumbs rub small circles into her forefinger, an all too familiar gesture.

"Well, it's stupid and reckless, and I would never want you to die for me. But I will tell you that all I want is you, and that's the only thing that relates our relationship with theirs."

He leans over the table and nudges her nose, lips lingering over hers for a bit too long before she's pushing herself closer and connecting them. She's reluctant to let his lips slip from hers, but they both need air. His lips pull back into a smile and he kisses the corner of once before retreating to his seat.

"Don't worry Soojung. We have a story too. It just hasn't been written down yet."

 

 


 

Hi guys! I think this might be my (woobabylove0904's) first update of the New Year, therefore, I would like to wish all of you a hapy new year! This, I don't really know where it came from. It's just been stuck between my other drabbles, and I was bored because I didn't go to school today because it's exam week and I don't have an exam today, so I just decided to pay you guys a visit. I hope you guys liked it!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^