37. Rehearsal

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

Soojung opens her eyes when the door of their waiting room opens. Sulli is there with her giant friend, Chanyeol, and they’re waving their hands at her, mouthing, “rehearsal” at her. She nods her head once and they close the door, not making a single sound.

She leans into the person beside her and buries her face in the crook of his neck. She takes in his smell and smiles at the familiarity. It’s been so long since they had a chance to be alone.

Trying not to wake the boy, she slowly and gently removes his arm from around her waist. Then, she pries her fingers away from his and when she’s finally out of his tangled embrace, she smiles down at his peaceful sleeping figure.

It takes a long moment for her to move away, but before she does, she leans in and touches her lips to the corner of his, mumbling a subtle, “goodnight,” and then finally makes her way out of the waiting room.

Sulli finds her first and tugs her along to the edge of the stage. Their stylist makes some last adjustments and then rehearsal starts.

When they finish, Soojung notices a lone figure, standing under the steps, hands in his pockets and face hidden. They dab at the sheer lining of sweat on her forehead and fix the lip gloss and eyeliner before she’s allowed to go off. Victoria tries to grab at her, but Sulli knows best and shakes her head.

“Hey,” she says when she’s at the edge of the steps. He turns around with sleepy eyes and smiles, holding out his arms and she falls into them, not caring about her outfit or his, or the freshly reapplied lip gloss.

“You always have a way of slipping away while I’m sleeping,” he mumbles, rocking them from side to side, rubbing gentle circles into the small of her back.

“And you always have a way of falling asleep when we cuddle,” she retorts, looking up at him.

Their lips meet gently and she’s craning her neck up, standing on tip toes to reach him. He’s supporting her with his arm, craning his neck down and slightly bending his legs. She feels her lip gloss smearing and mentally curses herself.

She’s running out of breath when a low, whispering voice calls from somewhere not far off, “Jongin, it’s time for rehearsal!”

They break apart with a start, but it’s just Chanyeol, and he’s pulling her back into a quick hug before he darts off with Chanyeol. She tries to call him back to fix the lip gloss on his lips, but he’s up the stairs and on the stage before she gets to.

“What’s with the lip gloss?” she hears Kris’s voice from above and smiles at her ridiculous boyfriend.

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

Hi guys! It's been a while, which is why I'm rewarding your patience with another update just after this one! So, what do you think? I had this random idea since I got up early on Saturday morning for no apparent reason lol~ I hope you like it! And this is also in celebration of all the f(exo) going on these days!

Oh, and did you notice that I changed the poster and background? Lol~ I've been working on some html too, but I've become so busy since school's just around the corner, that I haven't gotten to finish it. But, I'll try to work more towards that!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^