27. Human

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

The lights are off, but the moonlight that floods through the bedside window is enough for Jongin to see. She seems at peace, finally. Her chest moves up and down steadily and her hair spreads out around her, creating a halo of black waves. She clutches to the phone in her hand, despite her unconsciousness. She’s waiting for a text or a call from her idiotic, self-redeeming boyfriend.

Jongin holds his breath as the screen of the phone lights up, but he doesn’t know why he’s nervous—the girl sleeps like a rock. He has the urge to tear the phone from her fingers and toss it out the window, but her parents would be mad and so would Kris and Suho. He’s not supposed to intervene in her life, just watch over her.

He doesn’t realize he’s standing over her bed until she starts moving around and almost touches his arm. He flinches, but there’s no use; she can’t see, hear, or touch him. It’s the one thing he always forgets when he’s with her:  that she’s human and he’s her guardian angel.

There’s no rule against him touching her, because when he does, she’ll have good thoughts and dreams, but he’s exasperated at what he’s just done. The heat lingers.

Her lips curve up into a smile and she lets out a deep sigh. He doesn’t even know how she does it in her sleep, but as he starts for the window across the room, he can still see her upturned lips. He’s about to step out of the window when her eyes flutter open. She sits up and looks around the room then her eyes become distant. Her fingers trace over her lips as if she knows that he’s kissed her, but after a few more minutes, she goes back to sleep, looking even more peaceful than before.

Jongin steps through the window, vowing to never come back. After all, she is human, and he is her guardian angel.

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

Yay~! Update! So, this idea came to me randomly, and it's probably because I was thinking about my next poster challenge, but do you guys like it? It's a bit iffy because I wrote it in like two minutes, but oh well! Thanks to you all for sticking around for my update, and I hope to update some more very soon!

And I'm just going to leave this link here if you guys want to check it out. It's a graphic challenge that I'm doing and I need some people to give me some cunstructive criticism. So, go check it out:  Me vs. One Hundred - Graphic Challenge

Also, don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^