46. Secret

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

 

As his wife cuts into her steak, the wrinkled man, gray hair slicked back, watch glistening on his wrist, and crisp designer suit practically bristling with every movement, winks at Soojung for the third time.

Keeping her expression calm, Soojung turns away from the couple just in time to see him strolling in, gleaming Fratelli Rossetti shoes reflecting light in Soojung’s face. 

“Gorgeous. You are so stunning, dear.” 

Soojung just returns a small smile. He takes her hand and marvels at her slim, peach dress, fingers smoothing the pearl bracelet he’d gifted her, loose on her wrist. When he seats her again, he pushes the chair too far, hitting her upper calves.

“How was your week, Soojung?”

“It was fine. What about you? Missing classes again?” 

Minhyuk shrugs, taking a sip of wine to wash down the meat grease. 

“You know how it is Soojung. School is such a waste of time. Besides, I had plans to go golfing in the South. Would have loved for you come with me.”

“I think school is important, Minhyuk. At least, for me.”

A waiter refills Minhyuk’s glass. Soojung waves him off before the bottle reaches her own glass. Even the third of the glass leftover, she doesn’t want lingering on her lips. 

“Sure, darling. A beauty like you, can do and think whatever you want. I’ll be here, pampering you however you want. Just tell me. You want a degree? How about I buy it for you?” 

Soojung sighs.

“It’s not the same, Minhyuk.”

-

Minhyuk’s Maserati drops Soojung off in front of her apartment. She pretends to open the lobby door until the car disappears. Then, she turns, heading down the street, two blocks down. 

It takes two rings for the door to creak open. 

“Jongin, Soojung’s here!” 

Sehun all too clearly looks dressed by Sulli. The happy girl hops into Soojung’s view, taking Sehun’s arm, slipping on her flats and pushing past Soojung out to the hall. The girl gives Soojung a look with narrowed eyes, a hard line on her lips, topped off with a disapproving scan of her peach dress. Soojung just signals her with an index finger to her lips.

The couple bounds off, Sehun giving a slight wave. Soojung lets herself into the apartment, depositing her heels messily at the entrance, and plops down on the couch.

Jongin emerges from his room, hair dripping, wetting small dots in his supposedly clean, wrinkled shirt. 

“Hi.”

The way the hard features of his face melt into a smile, complete with the trademark pinching of the skin around his eyes, loosens Soojung’s tenseness.

“Where did you go, all dressed-up?”

“Just meeting someone.”

Jongin snuggles into the couch next to her, sturdy arm drawing her right next to him, wrapping her up so powerfully. 

“I’m jealous, whoever that person was.”

And then he kisses her, full lips overtaking all of her breath, strong arm holding her immobile, the most priceless expression of the male possessiveness, sheer force rendering flush to Soojung’s cheeks. 

The boy with the money, the luxury, can offer her anything his money can buy in the universe.

But she is his, this boy with wet hair, tan skin, full lips, mediocre grades, and a tiny apartment he shares with Sehun; Soojung will always be his. Jongin’s. 

 
 

 

Hi guys! So, as a present to you in celebration of EXO's comeback and their first reality show, I present to you this. It's not mine, but jellyfriedgreen7's work. It's amazing, yet again, isn't it? If you're watching the drama "Heirs," than you'll know that Minhyuk is from CN Blue and he plays the character of Chanyoung in the drama which is where the character is from.

Second, I want to tell you guys about my new story. It's actually the one-shot I've been talking about. It's called Assassin's Creed and it features lots of angsty Kaistal, Baekstal, and slight!Kyungstal. I've worked hard on it, so please go check it out! Thanks!

Assassin's Creed
She's an assassin.
Her one and only friend, Baekhyun, is also an assassin.
She's forgotten her past.
And shs has been assigned to kill Kim Jongin.

Thanks for reading!
Also, don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^

 

by jellyfriedgreen7