31. Babysitting

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

Soojung sighs in defeat as the small boy wriggles his way out from her grasp and into the living room.

"Jongin, you have to brush your teeth before you go to sleep," she calls in defeat.

The babysitting job wasn't going as well since it was her first time, and Jongin was a feisty little boy. He runs about, shoving a handful of cheese balls into his mouth and then wipes them on his brand new pajamas.

"Jongin, I want you to come here before I count to three," she demands, placing her hands on her hips.

"It's not gonna work," he sings, jumping on the couch and making robot noises.

"One,"

"You should just save yourself some energy," he murmurs. He starts off the couch and into the kitchen.

“One and a half,”

She hears him opening the refrigerator and then clanking on some pots and pans.

"Two,"

There's some ruffling and he comes out with a cookie in his hand. He looks somewhat alarmed at her tone.

"Two and a half,"

He looks around panicked and places the cookie on the coffee table, then rushes to meet Soojung at the bathroom. She hadn't expected the boy to do as told, but she guessed this was how his mother did things.

"Alright Jongin, let's just brush your teeth now."

 

When Jongin has finally brushed his teeth, changed into a new pair of clothes, and has been tucked into bed, it's already fifteen minutes after his bedtime. Soojung throws his dirtied clothes into the laundry basket and peeks into his room again.

"Come here a second, noona," he says in his small voice.

When she reaches him, he cups his mouth and her ear in between his small hands and whispers, "I won't tell mommy that we were late for bedtime, okay?"

A smile spreads on Soojung's lips at how adorable this boy is and she nods once. Then, a small, kiss is planted on her cheek and Jongin turns in the bed and falls into a deep slumber.

 

"Hey, mommy, guess what?!" Jongin shouts, bubbly as usual and bursting from his room.

"Yes, dear?" his mother asks, fixing the pancakes and eggs for breakfast.

"The new babysitter put me to sleep late last night," he blurts, a mischievous, crooked smile forming on his lips. His mother looks back at him questioningly.

"But I like her the bestest."

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

ANOTHER UPDATE~~

Did you guys like the last one? I know this one is REALLY, REALLY long for a drabble, but I didn't have the heart to cut it shorter because I like this one! I hope you guys do too! And look out for the next Wedding drabble!

Also, don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^