29. Bus Ride

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

“How could she be so heartless? How could a mother be so, heartless, Jongin, to her daughter? I mean, I bring home decent grades, I do chores, I’ve never violated my curfew even after I got a boyfriend… what makes her think she can just go and say no, just like that?! I…”

Jongin’s large hand clasps Soojung’s wrist. Clean, white teeth pinch down on his fat bottom lip.

“I’m sorry Soojung, but tell me more once we get off the bus, okay?”

He doesn’t wait to see the confounded frown on her face before he gets out of his seat.

“Excuse me, ma’am, please take my seat.”

The oldest woman Soojung has ever seen in her life grasps another woman’s hand, smiling at Jongin as she eases herself next to Soojung.

“Thank you very much, young man. How nice of you.”

Blinking rapidly, lips hugging a shy smile, Jongin lets the old grandmother’s companion stand next to the grandmother, long, slender arm reaching for the metal handle bars suspended above the bus seats.

Sometimes, her boyfriend can be worse than her mom, Soojung thinks.

“Ma’am, please take this seat also.”

Soojung scoots herself out onto the isle, gesturing for the grandmother’s companion, a woman she assumed was likely in her late 40s or early 50s, to her seat.

“Oh, thank you both. What well-brought-up children.”

Nodding her head to the woman and the grandmother, Soojung pulls at a hand support hanging off the bar just as the bus screeches and lurches. Her free hand she hooks to her boyfriend’s free arm, shooting him at least half a dozen daggers with her eyes.

“What?” Jongin says.

It’s hard to keep her balance on the moving bus, but Soojung is confident her boyfriend can support her weight. So she puts her hand on his shoulder, raising herself up as high as she can go, and fits her lips plush against his – the warm and familiar place she can always rely on.

The bus brakes and Soojung was right; Jongin wraps his free arm sturdily around her to keep the both of them upright.

“Alright now. You two can wait until you get off the bus now, you hear?”

Jongin and Soojung break away, startled.

The grandmother shakes her wrinkled but strong finger at them, lovely false teeth smirking mischievously.

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

Gahhhhhh~ it's been so long~ I'm sorry the last two weren't so good, but I promise this one is better? Isn't it? Well, that's because it's by jellyfriedgreen7, not me. XD

Comment and subscribe! ^^

 

by jellyfriedgreen7