35. Beautiful

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

She is desperately contemplative about whether she should let it be known; drop hints. She had really wanted him here. She had wanted him to be the one the producers picked for the role. But what would he think, if he knew, that she had wanted it to be him? Maybe it would be better, if she hid it behind her.

She mustn’t show that she’s nervous. That her skin is crawling and the sweeping air conditioning breeze does nothing to help cool her burning flesh.

He arrives sleepy, hair and makeup ready. Soojung imagines her cheekbones as red as the flashy red dye in her hair, as she grabs Sulli by the arm and pads toward his direction.

“Hi Kai!” Sulli bows and drags Soojung down with her and Soojung is taken back, because she had debated with a casual wave. But he opens his sleepy eyes alertly and bows, greeting voice low.

“Can we have Krystal and Kai on the set for the couple shots!”

The members coo at her and Soojung forces ice on her face, walking into the brilliant splash of warm, yellow light. He’s there, flannel shirt buttoned up to the last two white dots, a band-aid blending into his right cheekbone.

“Don’t be so nervous guys! Let’s start with a loose embrace!” The producer says it like it’s the easiest thing in the world and Soojung gulps. She attempts and fails to straighten her large, white button up with hands covered by the unending, white sleeves. She hates how quiet the room is and hates the thumping in her ears.

Soojung takes a step forward and his adam’s apple is right in front of her. Up close, she sees exactly how stiff and frozen he is. How painstakingly nervous he is.

She doesn’t care because she’s just as nervous as he is but there’s nothing they can do. So Soojung scoffs. “Just forget about how awkward it is and let’s get going?” She says it under her breath and knows how cold and careless her tone is. Does he know how she’s trembling inside though?

Jongin bobs his mouth and shyly smiles. “Uhh, yes.” He says, and moves like his arms are bricks, roboting them at her waist.

Soojung drapes her right arm on his shoulder and leans closer. His hands are there. Her lower back. His touch is hot.

“Can we try looking at each other? Can we try eye-contact?” The photographer directs.

Soojung’s legs feel like jelly and she tries with all her might to aim her gaze up. She passes his sharp chin, thick, rosy lips, polished nose and he’s looking down. When he looks down in his vision line there’s nothing but Soojung’s face and burning cheek and she can’t keep her eyes up.

“Please get a little closer!” The photographer’s tone is even and unconcerned.

Jongin’s grip on her back tightens and he wiggles, inching his feet forward. Soojung’s left arm is wound over his upper arm, fingers clenched and digging in to the back of his shoulder. When did that get there?

His breath brushes her brow, quivering. She watches the lines on his neck as the thumping in her ears dominates the sound of the camera snapping.

“Beautiful.” The photographer says.

Every scene, embrace, touch, clasping of hands, he freezes up and she rushes. And every moment of her ears ringing and his breath trembling, the director and producer agree with nods and claps. “Gorgeous.”

The white sunlight in the window behind her stings. They’re perched on the wide window seat. Her hand grips the sill. His hand rests on hers, hot and weightless, all pressure stuck in the arm.

The window light blinds them anyway, and Soojung doesn’t want to see anything when it happens. So she watches his lips, moving her head forward. He gets closer. She barely sees his lowered eyes, watching her lips too. Soojung knows she closes her eyes after he does.

Her lips are thin and Jongin’s lips are thick and she’s wearing lipstick. It doesn’t matter. There’s no noise and it doesn’t matter. Her members are watching and the filming crew is watching and the whole world will watch but it doesn’t matter. She likes this boy and by some odd, miraculous chance, she gets to kiss this boy.

Their lips lose touch slowly, bit by bit, smooth surfaces lingering together before they’re finally separate. They breath out together, their breaths shake together, they open their eyes and see together. The touch on the back of her hand forms weight. There’s pressure. The edges of his fingers press into hers.

“Beautiful.”

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

So, in honor of our beautiful Kaistal and the Pink Tape teasers, my sister and co-author decided to write this. It's beautiful, just as the title suggests. Kaistal...

K
A
I
S
T
A
L
IS REAL.

Sorry about that haha, enjoy! And, I really hope there's more Kaistal...please SM...please!

Also, don't forget to comment and subscribe!

 

by jellyfriedgreen7