41. Celebrity Crushes

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

It’s endearing to see you feel that way, Soojung. I think it’s great, but… because of the jobs we have and the restrictions they entail, I’m sorry… but it can’t happen. I’m not gonna tell you not to like Jongin, Soojung. But please understand that, for both of your careers’ sakes, nothing can happen between you guys. Not until you guys are both much older, ready to retire, and… able to settle down with your personal lives.

 

Soojung curses whatever profanities she can think of in both Korean and English under her breath, flinging the cushion down on the floor, loudly calling for Victoria’s attention.

“I mean, can’t he just… ughhh!”

It was a stupid idea to confide in Junmyun about her ever-persistent little crush. Sit tight and hold onto your young hormones until you’re a grandma, her “trusted oppa” says. But now her little secret is out. Well, out as in from the little confines of the two f(x) dorms. And the “trusted oppa”’s pert little ears.

“Unnie. Can’t he just… you know, ask him about it? I never specifically actually mentioned anything about getting together, or a secret relationship, or anything. Why can’t Junmyun oppa just, relay the message? Why does he have to lecture me down like a child? I just wanna know what he… you know… thinks, that’s all. And… you know… if he’s okay with it… not okay with it… harbors mutual feelings…”

Soojung’s voice gets smaller. She snatches the remote and flips to a channel, a pesky little laughing noise in the screen drawing a frown to her lips. She’d heard the EXO members, more specifically him, enjoys watching SpongeBob Squarepants. What. The. Heck.

Victoria’s face scrunches. She looks like she just accidentally cooked and ate someone’s pet fish.

“But… what Junmyun told you was the right thing, Soojung… He’s being a good leader, don’t you think so? I’m supposed to be a good leader too and tell you to try and forget about it, huh?

Soojung scoffs. “Good leaders don’t let their members feel like they just ate dirt, unnie.”

Victoria eats another fish that also happens to be the same someone’s pet. Soojung turns the stupid SpongeBob show off, sinking into the couch.

“You know what, Soojung, as a good leader, I’m taking your side. Let’s just go ask Junmyun, if he can go ask Kai-sshi, I mean… Jongin-sshi, what he thinks about you! That’s completely harmless. Nothing too outrageous could possibly happen, right?”

- - - 

“Kyungsoo, it’s not that simple… we have to make sure Jongin understands…”

“Hyung! Why are you making things so complicated?! Nothing’s gonna happen! Just tell him about it, for goodness sake!”

Jongin saunters into the kitchen, nudging Junmyun out of the way to reach for a glass. The two older members go silent, gaping at him, which he finds slightly uncomfortable.

“Tell who what?”

Jongin pours himself orange juice and sips it, leaning against the sink expectantly.

“..uhhh, Jongin, well you see, the thing is…”

“Jongin, you know Soojung from f(x)?”

Jongin halts the orange juice mid-swallow.

“You know how she’s close with Junmyun hyung and all… well it turns out, she likes you and wants to know what you think about her.”

Jongin almost spits out orange juice. Junmyun throws his arms up in the air, trying to speak up. Kyungsoo hisses, shooting the leader down.

“Well… you know… she’s… I mean… well we’re idols, and we’re not… I mean as a sunbae, she’s…”

Before Kyungsoo can shoot him down again, Junmyun cuts in. “I’ve already told Soojung and I’ll tell you the same thing, Jongin. We’re idols, and dating is not allowed.”

-

Soojung doesn’t know whether to feel a little bad, or sniggerly content, that f(x) had to kick EXO out of the large practice room for a couple of hours for the girls’ free schedule time. She’s had enough of EXO these days. They’re always right beside f(x)’s waiting room, or on stage, or anywhere, and everywhere.

Forget about hearing back from that good-for-nothing “trusted oppa”. Soojung walks briskly toward the large practice room, humming ‘Airplane’.

The guy coming down the hall makes Soojung freeze in her tracks and look around for anywhere to hide. Too bad there’s nothing but stupid walls, and he’s right in front of her in no time.

“Uhh, hi there.”

“Hi.”

It’s so awkward and he looks kinda sleepy with his fading blonde hair frazzled. Maybe since she and her members kicked them out from practicing a few hours he cand get a chance to catch up on some sleep. Something to be sort of glad about after all.

“Um… sorry about us kicking you guys out of the practice room.”

“Oh, it’s fine. We practice too much anyway.”

"Hm. Okay then."

Soojung wants to talk longer, but she has to go, he has to sleep, and this is too awkward.

“Umm… about what Junmyun hyung told me the other day.”

It just gets a thousand times more awkward and Soojung is ready to bolt for it.

“Oh that? Don’t… you know, worry about it… I mean, we both have our hands full with our careers and things anyway…”

“Yeah… I guess Junmyun hyung is right, huh?”

Soojung’s heart dies a little but she gets her feet moving, darting past him.

“Wait!”

She turns abruptly, and he’s blushing, really, really red.

“Uhhm…”

His head comes forward and Soojung jumps at the quiet little pecking sound, spreading, ringing like a megaphone in her ears.

“Yeah… bye.”

He runs off down the hall. Soojung gawks, raising her hand just below the cool spot on her cheek. She barely even felt it, he did it so fast and took off so fast.

But he still did it. And she saw him do it. And her stupid, persistent crush is finally not just a crush anymore, even though there’s not really much where else this can go.

And Soojung wonders, when is Jongin planning on retiring?

-

“I told you nothing was gonna happen hyung. There’s nothing wrong with the two of them knowing how they feel about each other. You weren’t, you know, freaking out just because you were jealous or anything, right?” Kyungsoo aims furrowed eyebrows at his leader.

“What?! Of course not. I just, didn’t realize they’d be so cute and… child-like. I guess nothing really is gonna happen after all.” Junmyun shrugs and watches Soojung float away to the practice room.

“For you to become a really, really good leader, Junmyun, I think it’s best if you stopped trying to tell your members every single thing, and let them come to terms with their personal obstacles on their own, from time to time. Good advice, huh?” Victoria giggles, satisfaction getting her to hop out of their hiding place energetically.

“At the rate they’re going, Soojung and Jongin will be perfect to get married by the time both of them retire.” Kyungsoo chuckles and makes to part ways with the f(x) leader.

A tall broad male with stop-light-bright red hair and a tall, slender female with a shade darker red hairstride down the hall. They’re almost stuck together, nudging noses, hands tangled, too engrossed in their cuddling to notice the trio.

…Sehun and Sulli. 

 

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

First update in almost two months! And, /waves/, from Jellyfriedgreen7~! I'm pretty sure in the midst of my sister (woobabylove0904) and me fighting to see who's the busiest with school and stuff, I got a free day off from work tonight and here I am~ ^^

Please imagine this as... the time period around when a little bit after F(x)'s comeback, EXO also came back with Growl. Hence, Sehun's stop-light-red hair, and also Sulli's red hair >.<

Hmm, anyways, both of us will try to get drabbles written whenever we get free time! Wish us luck and remember, you can always request ideas~! 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^

 

So sorry guys. I don't know why the AFF server keeps wanting to rate this obviously very PG chapter rated M...

 

 

Drabble by Jellyfriedgreen7