56. The Eleventh Day of Christmas

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

11-

Soojung wakes up earlier than usual. So she sips coffee and lumbers around, waiting to wake her husband. She wanders back into their room and catches Jongin’s arm patting the sheets next to him, looking for her in his sleep. She grins at the little frown creasing his brow.

She’s getting in place to carry out her jump-on-jongin’s- wake up move, when she gets distracted by the little Christmas Card on the bedside table.

A sigh heaves her chest. Soojung had never planned on telling Jongin how much in love with the Christmas present she was. Still she just can’t get that nagging out of the corner of her brain. What she got him was so boring, so bordering that married-too-long-and-tired-of-shopping-for-each-other status. It’s still too early in their marriage for that, Soojung is still too much in love with him for that.

Thankfully, his birthday’s coming up.

Before she can keep thinking, Kim Jongin stirs, heavily lifting himself off the sheets. Nearly closed, frazzled eyes look up at Soojung. Lips grossly bloated, hair matted, the cutest thing next to a newborn puppy.

“I was looking for you.”

“You were sleeping.”

“Yeah, and you weren’t here sleeping next to me.”

Soojung raises an eyebrow and chooses to remain silent. Jongin scrambles off the bed, lumbers over to her, encloses her in groggy arms and half a leg, and leans in for the morning kiss.

These morning kisses, these goodbye kisses, these coming home kisses, goodnight kisses, are all really spoiling Soojung now, badly.

“Ten more to go today, Jongin.”

“These are seriously starting to get hard to keep up with.”

“You came up with the idea.”

“No I didn’t. It was Lee Taem…”

Jongin freezes four paces from the bathroom. Soojung locks eyes with her husband, sleep completely obliterated from the lids, panic prominent.

“You stole this whole gift idea from Taemin?”

“I… uh…”

Soojung just throws her hands in the air, stomping out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

She refuses to let him say a peep the rest of the morning. She watches him swallow cereal like rocks going down his throat.

Jongin is ready to leave for work, shoes and everything.

“Can I…”

“No.”

“But I just…”

“I don’t wanna hear you.”

Soojung dares him to open his mouth again, the intensity in her glare straining her pupils. Jongin bobs like a fish. He puts his coffee and bag on the floor. Before Soojung can protest, he takes her shoulders, very slight force, pushing her against the wall in their entrance hall.

She’s about to go off at him but he catches her lips, unsaid emotions pushing Soojung against the wall just a bit strongly, her fingers tingling because whether he’s at fault of not, Jongin is a man with confidence and love and desire, and the weight of the kiss does well to push her anger totally aside to feel the possessiveness of her man over her.

Breathless, he draws back just a moment to catch air, and then draws her apart from the wall just a bit, smoothing her neck and diving in for stronger, steadier lips marking her own.

“I just wanted to kiss you goodbye, okay? I still get that much right.”

-

Without a doubt, Soojung is still angry. But the opportunity is too good to miss. Soojung still wants to make up for her lacking part from Christmas. This new litter from her co-designer’s parents’ mated Havaneses, may just do the trick.

Two are already gone from the litter, a mix of white and tan adorable puppies. Soojung’s co-designer points out the one she has her eyes on, even though she’s worried about hair at her apartment. They’re already trained to relieve themselves. Soojung loves all of them, but one quiet male, lightly tan fur with patches of white, snuggles up to her quickly.

“Would you like to take him home today?”

Soojung is a little baffled, since Jongin’s birthday is still ten days away. Plus, a treat in return for the horrible screw up he let slip this morning is really not what she wants to see.

But she can’t deal with the thought of someone else snatching away the beautiful male, so she tucks him and his little dog bed in her car.

-

Soojung leaves Jackson the Havanese puppy in his new home by their sofa. She herself retreats to the kitchen with spaghetti cooking in a pot.

When the door clicks, Jongin pads straight into the kitchen, setting his mug next to the sink rather stiffly. He waits there until Soojung glances at him.

“I’m gonna try this again. Can I get a welcome back kiss?”

Soojung suddenly recalls the heavy, breathless exchange from the morning, a slight flush heating her cheekbones.

“Okay.”

A hand gentle on her waist, Jongin’s lips express fatigue after a long day of work, against Soojung’s slightly conflicting flurry of thoughts.

Jackson chimes in loudly, breaking them apart.

Jongin’s eyes are wider than the Taemin slip from the morning. In a blink he’s crawling on the living room floor, palming the furry guy.

“Where did this guy come from?”

Soojung can’t help but grin. She mentally repeats Taemin’s name in her head to remind herself she’s still angry.

“He’s your early birthday present. I decided I couldn’t wait, in case someone else snatched the guy up by your birthday.”

Jongin radiates, scooping Jackson up in his arms.

“What’s his name?”

“Jackson.”

He’s over in the kitchen with Jackson wagging his tail against his chest. Soojung glares warningly, not willing to tolerate dog fur in her meatballs.

“Does the name have a reason?”

Soojung is pleased with herself for keeping Taemin and her anger in the back of her mind. She refuses to answer him and sets the table, reducing her husband to badgering the puppy about why his name is Jackson.

She sits down, looks at Jongin expectantly, eyeing the dinner with her peripheral vision. Luckily for him, Jongin gets the idea quickly, lets Jackson on the floor, and sits, bidding Soojung his meal-gratitude.

“Was he already named Jackson by the litter owners?”

Jackson paddles around in the living room quietly, furriness making him look almost animated.

“I just thought I’d name him after Michael Jackson.”

Jongin is speechless for a bit. Soojung keeps her face straight and eats. After a moment, her husband gets out of his chair, lowering knees onto the floor, poking out two palms for her hand.

Soojung reluctantly gives him her left hand, still eating with her right.

“You’re the only wife in the world who would still go over the top to make her husband insanely happy when he screwed up so bad the same morning. I’m sorry the idea isn’t original, Soojung. But I still mean everything I wrote in the card. That part, was completely me. And I know this present sometimes makes me as happy as I want you to feel, but I can’t help it. I’m just selfish like that. Okay? So, I’m truly sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness, Yeobo.”

And Jongin is using formal tone and bowing his head, clutching her hand, and it all makes her a little teary for no reason, and Jackson is still bobbing around like a cartoon. In the end, she just sniffs back.

“What? Ahh, Soojung…”

Jongin gets up swiftly, pulling Soojung out of her chair and into tight, tight arms. That same possessiveness from the morning lingers in his embrace, and Soojung’s heartbeat quickens. She risks a glance up at him, he’s watching her with lidded love, and they kiss, a long, drawn-out exchange with faint spaghetti and meatball taste, and another, and another.

They sit back down and finish dinner, then play with Jackson for a bit.

“Can he sleep with us?”

Soojung meets Jongin’s sparkling eyes with a scowl. Jongin doubles back, but then, sees it in Soojung’s biting lip.

“Nope, he’s sleeping out here. He’s got his own bed.”

It’s a little late in the night when the lights are all off and Soojung is standing at the edge of the bed, watching Jongin check off the little Christmas Card. He puts it and his pen down, a shadow from his bedside lamp cast over his smirk. Soojung manages to hide a blush in the faint light.

Jongin inches over to her, leaving his dressy pants on the floor. Buttons undone halfway, he closes in on Soojung for help. While she takes over, he uses fingers to count again, as if he hadn’t done it just a minute ago for the card.

“Five…”

Soojung is done with the buttons, and reaches up to hook her arms behind his neck. Jongin takes the cue, dipping in, his mouth lining up with hers. He talks with his flesh brushing against her lips.

“Thank you, Soojung. Really, thank you for Jackson. You’re… much too good for me. Always. But, you know that, right?”

Soojung closes what minimal distance they have between them, half wondering if it counts for the card if she kisses him. His hands edge to the pants at her waist, her lips swiftly move to show him how much she’s really his, and the count for the night comes down to just four. 

 

 


 

Jellyfriedgreen7 here!

Thank you guys so much for being awesome and sticking with these Christmas drabbles. I know, I know, it's almost Valentine's Day.

Just to avoid the clash of Valentine's Drabbles with the last day of Christmas, that one will probably come later this weekend?

And of course, thank you always for not just supporting this collection, but supporting Kaistal, EXO, F(x). 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

 

By Jellyfriedgreen7