66. Comfort

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

A month, maybe, Soojung hasn’t seen Sulli. She’s tried to contact her best friend through calls, text, and emails. She’s run into Sulli’s parents, who avoided her eyes and just told her Sulli was okay.

 

It was unusual and unnerving, and with the rumors of Sulli leaving, Soojung just doesn’t know what to do anymore. 

 

Schedules have been cancelled and only Amber and Victoria are busy doing much of anything, and Soojung is just there, waiting out the hiatus and hoping to see Sulli sometime soon so she can ask her best friend what she’s been up to for the past month.

 

“Hey,” the voice is deep and Soojung looks up to the owner of it. Hazel hair and a crinkled smile gaze down at her and she, even for just one second feel relieved of her thoughts.

 

“Hey,” she replies. 

 

Warm hands encompass hers and her mind wanders toward Sulli again. If the warm hands of someone really are encompassing hers, as the media says. If she’s really having fun and being taken care of.

 

She feels a hand against her cheek and immediately leans into the warmth. She feels her nerves dying down and the tips of her fingers beginning to tingle. Her eyes travel over a pair of lips and against the sharp curve of the jawline. She trails over thin, white fabric, and long, tan arms and stops where long, dark fingers curl against her milky white ones. The colors are off, but she can feel how their hands fit together especially well, even better than her fathers. 

 

And then, she wonders if Sulli’s finally found someone like this too. She wonders what it would be like to be in her position. Millions of people watching her, eyeing her every move to catch one glimpse of imperfection, one flinch of an eye. Thousands of fans to please with just a gesture of the hand of the curve of an eyebrow. And the rumors. The hundred of rumors of the foul people, gossiping about her relationship with the one person who could ever bring her peace in such a situation, sitting just in front of her, holding her hands, and reassuring her of her worries The one person who could comfort her without words, just a warm hand.

 

And she smiles and leans in across the small table to touch her lips against his, sweet and gentle and loving. 

 

“Thanks,” she whispers, lingering against his breath, warm and satisfying against her own.

 

“Always.

 

 


 

As promised, the request made by choibrother. It was very easy to write, since the words just kind of came to my fingers. I hope you(plural) liked it and you (choibrother) am pleased by my perception of your request! Thanks to all of you for reading and sticking around! :) 

Also, don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^