36. Wisdom Tooth

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

“My old dentist told me I’d never have to get them taken out, and then this new one tells me that it’ll rupture my nerves? What is he? A dentist?” Soojung shouts, pacing all over the living room.

“Yes, Soojung. According to my knowledge, this person is, in fact, a dentist,” Jongin replies, his mouth curving upwards. Soojung turns to her boyfriend and glares ungratefully.

“I’m just saying! Official people like those guys are not supposed to switch up their words like that!” she says, throwing her arms up and shooting Jongin another annoyed look.

“Or maybe-“

“Maybe you should stop trying to correct me!” She cuts him off, pointing her finger at his chest.

With a sigh, Jongin gets up from his seat and holds his arms out to her, which she gladly accepts, curling into his chest and whimpering.

“Soojung, I’m sure you’ll be fine, although, I can’t really say. I’ve never had my wisdom teeth taken out,” Jongin tries, but fails at comforting her. With a feline growl, she throws his arms off from around her and stalks into the room, shutting the door and making the ‘Soojung’ label fall to the floor.

 

“It’s not funny,” Soojung mumbles in an incoherent language. Jongin tries to nod, but ends up stifling his laugh into the collar of his shirt.

Soojung has just had her wisdom tooth removed, and her face is swollen. Really swollen. Her whole right cheek is numb, so she can’t talk correctly, and her boyfriend is laughing at her misery. Life is great.

“I’m sorry. You just…really sort of look like Minseok hyung before he lost all his baby fat,” Jongin blabs, bursting out into a fit of laughter and almost wrecking the car into the back of a red Maserati.

“Shut up!” Soojung yells, turning to the window, and huffing a sigh.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t talk about it anymore,” he replies.

When they get home, Soojung plops into the bed and frowns.

“We didn’t pick up my pain medication,” she mumbles, trying to bite down on the cotton in her cheek.

With a grin, Jongin lays down beside her. A few seconds later, a muffled laugh is heard, and Soojung turns to him with furrowed eyebrows.

“What?”

“You didn’t feel it, did you?” he asks, a grin plastered onto his face. Then, he leans in and kisses her cheek, but she doesn’t feel it at all.

“You can’t feel it!” Loud laughter fills the room, and Soojung rolls her eyes and leaves, going to find some consolidation on the couch.

 

A month later…

“Congratulations, Jongin, I’m setting up an appointment to have your first wisdom tooth removed!” Dr. Park shouts. The man is too tall for Jongin’s comfort, and his large eyes, big smile, and short, dark hair freaks him out a little.

“Pay back, Kim Jongin. I will kiss you twice as many times as you did me when my cheek was numb,” he hears Soojung call. He also hears her bursting laughter of joy shortly afterwards. Life is great.

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

Hi!!!! Hehe, so as you can see, I took the Korean title of 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' and used THAT meaning as the inspiration for this drabble! It's a bit long, like the last few drabbles, but I hope you guys are okay with it? Oh, and it's kind of something to get us Arcadians back on our feet after the picture or Jongin and Sulli holding hands! hehe~

 

And, oh my gosh, I know this is a Kaistal fic and all, but I'm sure you've all heard 'Goodbye Summer', right? Like, how beautiful is that song? The lyrics are a bit sad and all, but Kyungsoo and Luna's voices sound beautiful together! And of course, our Soojung and Amber sound amazing too! Keke~ It's probably my favorite song from their album, also noting that all their songs are daebak!

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^