71. V-F-S Day

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

The quiet is perfect. The concentration is perfect. Soojung is so close to finally finishing up her humongous assignment. She takes a quick peek at the circle before her, thanking the heavens. For once, Jongin, Sehun, Sulli, and Kyungsoo give her peace and quiet. The peek is just momentary; Soojung’s eyes shift back to her laptop screen like a tightly stretched rubber band.

“Yo, Sehun. We still playing League Saturday?”

Soojung curses under her breath. Broken, that wonderful quiet.

“Saturday? You serious? No, we can’t play this Saturday.”

“Huh? Why?”

Soojung grits her teeth as the conversation forces her to look up from her work. She catches Kyungsoo carelessly shoving Jongin in the arm.

“Jongin, move over. Chorong just got out of class. She’s coming now.”

“What? Why can’t she just sit in the empty seat? You don’t have to sit to all the time. What are you, those two?” Jongin gestures a repelling hand at Sehun and Sulli. Sehun jeers.

“Move your , Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo means it. Soojung raises her eyebrow at Kyungsoo’s stern tone of voice.

“Whatever. Sehun. Why can’t you do Saturday again?”

Sehun rolls his eyes flamboyantly, leaning into Sulli. The girl rebounds by wrapping her arms around his torso and resting her head on Sehun’s chest. Soojung about gags.

“Sehun and I are going shopping, before dinner and ice skating, Jongin. Because Saturday, is Valentine’s Day, you idiot. Sorry day for single losers like you.” Sulli’s cute, mocking face pales as soon as the words leave . “Oh no, Soojung! I didn’t mean you at all. Just him. There’s a difference between that lazy over there and you choosing to be single.”

“Valen-- Day. How. Lame.” Jongin’s just sat down in the empty chair when Chorong walks up, smile radiating with her beautiful pink lip gloss. Soojung scratches her face, mentally noting to wear makeup at least once or twice a week from now on.

“Did you get to look up any good places?” Chorong and Kyungsoo begin pretending like they’re the only two people in the damn library. They don’t get away with it for long, though, with Jongin obnoxiously stealing Chorong’s iced coffee and downing a third of it. Soojung can’t help but snicker in the corner of .

Chorong glares at Jongin, but only for a few seconds. Then, she’s back to smiling at Kyungsoo’s laptop screen.

“Ooh! My friend recommended me this place! Let’s go for this one, Kyungsoo.”

“Go for what?” Jongin bends his hips like seaweed in water, looking over Chorong’s shoulder, annoyingly close.

“Dinner reservations for Valentine’s Day… Get out of my face!” Chorong shoves Jongin’s face away with her palm. Jongin’s expression simmers down in disinterest immediately, going back to his own laptop screen.

“Jung Soojung. Wanna play League on Saturday?”

Soojung closes her eyes and sighs dramatically for effect, before letting Jongin have it.

“Your memory must be ed up, Kim Jongin. The last time you asked me that, I warned you. The next time you ask me to play that stupid game again, I will, punch your nose out. Are you ready?”

Sleepy eyes blink back at her once, twice, then three times. Then they move from Sehun and Sulli cuddling across the library table, to Kyungsoo and Chorong in their own romantic world. When they move back to Soojung, the indifferent roll of eyes and the disfiguring of lips is, she has to admit, hilariously photogenic.

“Valen-- Day is so ing stupid.”

Soojung smirks back. “For once in my life, I actually agree with you.”

-

Soojung curses out loud at the seventh snap chat Sulli has just sent her, of her and Sehun and their ridiculous Valentine’s Day . Just as she’s about to throw her phone on her bed, Jongin texts her.

‘There’s no food at my house. Let me come over.’

Soojung frowns. Usually the boys’ apartment has an infinite supply of ramen noodle cups.

‘I’m just gonna eat rice and kimchi. That’s about all we have.’

‘Sounds good to me. Be there in five.’

Soojung rolls her eyes, wondering if she should change into longer pants or something, but decides against it. She skims the fridge, pulling out a few eggs and tupperwares of random leftovers.

When Jongin shows up, grinning like a kid as Soojung hands him a bowl of rice, he tosses a dvd onto the table. Soojung stares at it, not knowing what to make of it in the least bit.

“What’s this for?”

“Let’s watch it.”

“Where did you even get your hands on a movie called Valentine’s Day?”

“I found it in Kyungsoo’s room.”

They eat, Soojung does the dishes, while Jongin pops popcorn in the microwave. For some reason, Soojung can’t bring herself to just kick his out of the house. The half written paper on her laptop seems so distant.

The movie is witty, but cheesy and predictable. Soojung lets Jongin finish the popcorn, because his greasy fingers keep rubbing up on the back of her hand.

She cringes at the ending scene with the two main characters, and sighs in relief when the movie finally ends.

“Wow. That was lame.”

They both get off the couch, Jongin tossing the popcorn bag in the trash while Soojung stretches and yawns. It’s still early, but the movie seems to have made her sleepy.

“I guess I’m just gonna go home and sleep.”

Jongin rubs his eyes, grabbing his phone and keys. Soojung nods nonchalantly, not quite noticing him coming over.

His hand touches her chin, lifting her gaze up, and Soojung is caught wildly off guard as he kisses her. Her first impulse is to shove him off of her, but before she can act, the buttery lips are gone, hovering over her face for a split second.

“Goodnight, Soojung.”

His warm breath ghosts over her, and she’s speechless, dumbstruck at the notion of Kim Jongin’s saliva in . He’s in the doorway with his shoes on in a few quick blinks.

With his hand on the doorknob, he turns back to her, something between a smile and a frown on his face.

“Happy Valentine’s Day.” 

 

 

 

Happy Valentine's Day! This one is for all of us lonely, single ladies on this expensive holiday that is today. Don't eat too many chocolates! (They go straight to your thighs!! D:)

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

 

By Jellyfriedgreen7