26. Friend

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

"Thanks so much for helping out Soojung. He's a sweet boy. He'll treat you well. Just make sure to give him enough attention."

Soojung chuckles at the soft, fluffiness between her hands. Her fingers disappear into the dark hair. Those sparkling eyes, strong and determined, bear into hers, a longing for affection gleaming in them. Soojung almost misses the tug in her chest that tells her to melt into those eyes, but it's there.

"What was his name again?" Soojung asks, gently pulling him into her arms.

"Jongin. He's named after my friend I'm having to go down to see. I don't know what kind of mess he got into exactly, but I'll really try to be back in a week. Will that be alright?"

"Sure oppa. Don't worry about it. I have a feeling Jongin and I will hit it off great."

Soojung hugs Jongin to her chest and waves as Kyungsoo drives off, straight toward a four-hour drive to Jeonju. Kyungsoo is going down to the region to help a friend from whom he received an urgent distress call, just yesterday. Soojung has learned in her two years of knowing the older guy, that Kyungsoo is too good of a person and even better of a friend. She really can't help but worry just a little bit, that this friend in Jeonju may want to use Kyungsoo's unfailing loyalty to just drag him into trouble. Silently, Soojung wishes Kyungsoo good luck.

But that's the least of her business or priorities, now. She brings Jongin inside and gets him used to her apartment. Just as Kyungsoo said, Jongin is about the sweetest thing ever, obediently finishing his dinner, doing his business on the stacked newspaper against the wall, and radiating warmth in Soojung's lap.

Around an hour after nestling Jongin in his pink home and staring at her glowing Psychology report with her elbows propped and her stomach flat on the wooden floor, Soojung debates texting Kyungsoo, to make sure he made it down safely.

- Oppa, did you get there alright? Everything okay?

- Yup, thanks for checking up Soojung! You're the best. I think I'm actually going to make it back up earlier. We've decided that my friend is gonna move into my apartment with me, so all we have to do is just move his stuff. And he really doesn't have a lot. He sort of got kicked out of his house ;) So yeah,

I'll be there to pick Jongin up real soon!

Soojung bites her lower lip. She can't really put two and two together and be completely satisfied. Why a friend from Jeonju who got kicked out of his house, is moving all the way to Seoul just to crash in Kyungsoo's apartment, Soojung can't comprehend. Soojung thinks she should watch out for Kyungsoo. He's the older brother she's never had, and she doesn't want him stuck in sticky situations.

A wet, coolish-warmish texture against her cheek jolts Soojung from her thoughts. Unconsciously, she raises a hand to the moist spot. Right in front of her, are the searching, content eyes of Jongin. As if he's satisfied that he caught her completely by surprise.

"Silly puppy," Soojung laughs, petting the dark, curly hairs on Jongin's small head. Soojung swears that right before the puppy bobs over and snuggles himself next to Soojung's side, he smiles at her. And Soojung can't help but tend to the ridiculous idea in her head.

Maybe the puppy wants to thank her for looking out for his owner.

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

Everyone! Guess who it is! Hello~ (Waves) It's jellyfriedgreen7~! ^u^

Woobabylove0904 has been suuuuuper busy... plus she has a looong trip down to Florida this weekend... so I'm updating with a drabble (sorry it's so long) I wrote a few days ago! It was inspired by this stuffed bear we got, that we decided to name Jongin because he has dark fur, hehe.

So... you guys remember how my sister mentioned her entry for The Months of January-Writing Contest? Is it okay if I mention mine here too..? /Gets Bricked/ Haha, it's called Turn, with D.O as the main character. I don't think my sister mentioned this before, but this contest is actually a contest to promote friendship between EXO fans and fans of B.A.P, or Babys. So my story features D.O with the six members of B.A.P, as well as Jongin, Soojung, and a few others. If you're interested in reading B.A.P-EXO interactions, click away~!

Thank you for reading (and shipping Kaistal), and don't forget to comment and subscribe!^^

 

by jellyfriedgreen7