16. of Seashells and Lollipops

[Drabble Collection] One Hundred Kissɛs

Soojung pats the sand down with her hand and stands back to take a look at her masterpiece. After tilting her head left and right, she decides that the windows need to be larger.

She sits back down and reaches for the bucket of water. She wets the sand some more and starts working, carving and shaping the damp grains. The wind starts picking up and she's swatting at her face with her grainy hands to try to get rid of the loose strands of hair that's sticking to her face.

Sticking her tongue out, she observes her work again and grins widely. She's about to turn around to call her mom, but is stopped short by a huge wave. It crashes just in front of her sand castle and the water dissolves it entirely. The strong current also knocks her down and she finds herself sitting in a pool of wet sand. She's wet and frustrated, and the sun just seems too bright for her now, so she squeezes her eyes shut as she feels the tightening in .

She wails for her mom, tears staining her sandy cheeks, and hair sticking to her face again. A second passes and she feels a hand on her shoulder. She opens her eyes to see a boy looking down at her. He's tanner than she is and taller, maybe even older.

He reaches inside his pocket and pulls out a strawberry flavored lollipop and a seashell. He hands her both and she's looking down at it. It's not the lollipop that catches her sight, but the colorful pink and purple seashell. She stares at it for a second, turning it around in her hands before looking back up.

"Let's go Soojung!" Her mom's voice calls from behind.

Soojung quickly glances back and then looks to the boy again. He's smiling at her, and she smiles back. Her mom calls her again and before she turns around and starts running back to her parents, she quickly kisses the boy's cheek. Her feet carry her to her mom's side and as she's picked up, she looks back and sees the boy waving. She waves back and hugs her mom tighter.

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

5 - 5

Yes. I'm sorry. I know. But, I updated FIVE TIMES! That makes up for it, right?

Alright, so this one here, of Seashells and Lollipops, was inspired by my previous drabble, Toes in the Sand. I just had to write it, and I don't know why. It came to me in the middle of the night, and It just is so cute (in my opinion)! I'm thinking that Jongin and Soojung are somewhere around the age of four or five. You can possibly call it a pre-drabble for Toes in the Sand, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Thanks for reading, and I love each and every one of you!
Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^