Best Friends

48 hours

Ryeowook was sitting on the ground at the park near their dorm. His knees curled up to his chest and he was looking at the sky, lost in his own little thoughts. Somehow, after all these years, he always seemed to find comfort here. It was as if the place is some sort of a paradise of calmness for him. Whenever he has troubles or worries, he would always come down here. He closed his eyes shut as he leaned against the tree behind him sighing deeply.

 

 

 

'I know you're there Kyuhyun.' He said suddenly. His eyes still closed tightly and he didn't even bother to look at the other.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled at Ryeowook's answer and went near him. He then sat next to his friend, leaning his back also, against the tree. They sat in silence for what seemed like the longest time until Ryeowook finally spoke out.

 

 

 

'What are you doing here?' He asked the younger man beside him.

'Shouldn't you be at the hospital?'

 

 

 

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook and then questioned.

 

 

 

'Well, shouldn't you be visiting me?'

 

 

 

Ryeowook bit the bottom of his lip but said nothing. Instead, he focused his eyes onto the children playing in front of him.

 

 

 

'You're an idiot Kim Ryeowook.' Kyuhyun uttered to him. He had his hands at the back of his head and he was looking at the clouds.

 

'Excuse me?' Ryeowook was surprised to hear his words. He then looked at him. His eyebrows furrowed.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun remained wordless for a while before opening his mouth again.

 

 

 

'You heard me. You're an idiot.'

 

'Yeah, I heard you alright.' Ryeowook snapped at him. Not fond of being called an 'idiot' all of a sudden.

 

'You're an idiot for thinking that I would blame you for what happened.' Kyuhyun merely responded to him.

'You're an idiot for thinking that I would hate you for that incident.'

'You're an idiot for thinking that I would let this thing get in the way of our friendship.'

 

 

 

Kyuhyun then looked into Ryeowook's eyes. Tears formed in his.

 

 

 

'You're an idiot Kim Ryeowook, for forgetting the fact that I'm your best friend and I'd do anything for you.'

 

 

 

Ryeowook was so taken aback by Kyuhyun's words that he began to sob like never before. His whole body was shaking and he found himself unable to utter a thing. Kyuhyun's heart fluttered at the sight. He leaned forward and hugged the smaller man.

 

 

 

'You idiot. Don't cry.' He said to him as he wiped off his tears.

 

'S-stop...call...calling me...an...an idiot....' Ryeowook replied him in between sobs.

 

'If you stop crying then maybe I will.' Kyuhyun .

 

 

 

Ryeowook tried to calm himself down but failed. He continued to sob inside Kyuhyun's arms as the younger man continued to wiped off his tears.

 

 

 

'I'm...so..sorry...Kyuh....Kyuhyun.....' He forced himself say despite having a hard time speaking.

'...sorry for..not...visiting you...at...the...hos-hospital....'

 

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled at his friend warmly and looked into his eyes.

 

 

 

'It's okay. I'm not mad.'

'I was just worried that you hate me.'

'I was afraid that you blamed me for everything that happened to us and will refused to talk to me ever again.'

 

'Then you're an idiot too...' Ryeowook blurted out to him.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun laughed at Ryeowook's remarks and hugged him tightly for the second time.

 

 

 

'Well then that makes the two of us.' He chuckled.

 

 

 

At Kyuhyun's words, Ryeowook found himself smiling for the first time after what seemed like forever.

 

 

 

'But you are the only cry baby here.' He then heard Kyuhyun teased. He raised his hand and smacked the little devil, laughing to himself.

 

 

 

---------------

-----------

------

 

 

 

 

After everything had calmed down, the two of them sat closely together, with their backs leaning against the tree once again and stared at the sky. After being friends for so long, they need no further words between them as they each knew that everything was going to be alright again. They knew that they have each others back like before. They knew that everything, would go back to the way it was before.

 

 

 

They knew, they had each other.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------