Dinner With The Jangs

It Started With A Mistake

 

Black and White – G. Na

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxaZLLfxAs

 

~●♥●~

 

“I can’t believe I have to go to this dinner,” MinYoung said as she was talking to Nichkhun on the phone.

“It’s a family dinner, that’s all,” Nichkhun said.

“But he’s not my family!” MinYoung protested as she threw her dress on the pile of clothes by her huge bed.

“Not by blood, but he’s family and your family have been friends together ever since you guys were born!” he said.

“Plus, this may be heartbreaking for me, but you’ll get to see your favorite oppa,” he reminded her. MinYoung smiled from ear to ear, remembering GeunSuk, WooYoung’s older brother.

“Yeah, he’s my favorite oppa but you’re my MOST favorite oppa,” she tried to cheer Nichkhun up.

“It’s still not the same,” Nichkhun pouted.

“Oppa, don’t get jealous because of GeunSuk oppa. I’m yours remember?” she told him.

“Who said I was jealous? I’m not jealous of him” he said.

“Yeah, oppa. Whatever you say,” she chuckled.

 

Then, someone knocked on MinYoung’s door. Mrs. Shin poked her head inside.

“May I come in?” she asked.

“Sure,” MinYoung said.

“Oppa, I have to go now,” she told Nichkhun.

“Okay, see you tomorrow, babe. I love you,” he said which sent chills on MinYoung’s spine.

“I love you, too, oppa,” MinYoung blushed. She hanged up.

 

“Why aren’t you dressed yet?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“I don’t know what dress I should wear,” MinYoung placed her hands on her hips as she stared at the pile of clothes on her bed.

“Are you trying to impress WooYoung?” Mrs. Shin .

“Umma, please. I’m not trying to impress him. Plus, I already have a boyfriend and he’s dating my best friend,” MinYoung told her mom.

“Whatever happened to you and WooYoung?” Mrs. Shin sighed.

“People change,” MinYoung whispered but enough for her mom to hear.

 

“Baby, don’t just stand there and get dressed already!” her mom nagged.

“But I don’t know what to wear!” MinYoung whined.

“I have a dress for you at my closet,” Mrs. Shin said which caused MinYoung to look daggers at her mom.

“You should’ve told me earlier,” MinYoung said blankly.

“Well I thought you already have a dress that’s why I kept it in my closet first and saved it for another occasion,” her mom said.

 

Without saying another word, MinYoung dragged her mom out of her room and went to the master’s closet to get her dress. With no more time to waste, Mrs. Shin helped her daughter with her dress and make-up.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Make sure you prepare everything well, okay?” Mrs. Jang told their head maid.

“Honey, let’s go down now. The Shin’s will be here any minute,” Mr. Jang said as he fixed his tie and went down.

“Boys, get down here,” Mr. Jang shouted throughout the house. GeunSuk and WooYoung made their way out of the room, fixing their ties.

 

Ding dong.

 

The Shin’s arrived in less than a minute. The Jang’s stood by the door before they opened it.

The two families greeted each other enthusiastically.

 

“Oppa!” MinYoung beamed once she saw GeunSuk standing by the door.

“MinYoung-ah! It’s good to see you! You look amazing!” he praised her.

 

[MinYoung’s wearing this: http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/05/233/L_g0015523305.jpg ]

 

“You look good yourself, too, oppa,” MinYoung smiled as she gave him a tight hug.

“Aigoo, I missed you so much oppa!” she squealed.

“I missed you, too, dongsaeng,” he tried to ruffle her hair but she dodged immediately.

“Not the hair, oppa,” she wiggled her finger. GeunSuk laughed at how beautifully MinYoung has grown up. Feeling left out, WooYoung let out a fake cough. MinYoung turned to him and greeted him blankly.

“Hi there, WooYoung,”

“That’s oppa and hello to you, too,” he smiled sarcastically. GeunSuk smacked his head.

“Hyung! What was that for?!” he asked his older brother as he rubbed the back of his head.

“She’s a girl. Be polite,” he said.

“Shouldn’t she be the one who must show politeness? I’m older than her,” he said. He earned another smack from GeunSuk.

“And never raise your voice at me,” he told WooYoung.

 

“What are you boys doing, letting MinYoung stand? Come and sit,” Mrs. Jang said.

GeunSuk nudged his younger brother to lead MinYoung by the couch. But WooYoung had no intention of letting MinYoung sit. He wanted to make her suffer by standing all throughout the night in those 4-inch heels. GeunSuk rolled his eyes before he offered his arm to MinYoung.

 

“Let’s have a seat,” he smiled and MinYoung gladly took his arm.  As they went pass by WooYoung, MinYoung stuck out her tongue. Not wanting to earn another smack from his brother, he let MinYoung pass this time. He followed the two by the couch and sat sulkily beside MinYoung.

 

Not too long, the two families sat by the dining table and happily ate their dinner while they chatted.

 

“I can’t believe how MinYoung grew beautifully,” Mr. Jang complimented MinYoung.

“She really looks like a lady now, a beautiful lady,” GeunSuk added.

“Thank you oppa and Mr. Jang,” she said. WooYoung rolled his eyes at her acting polite.

“Aigoo. Stop calling me Mr. Jang and just call me appa and call Mrs. Jang, umma. We’ve known you since you were a baby and we already treat you like our daughter,” Mr. Jang said and Mrs. Jang nodded in agreement.

“Yes, appa,” MinYoung smiled. Then her eyes went to WooYoung who was sitting across from her and was glaring at her.

 

“What are you looking at?” she mouthed.

“Why are you so polite to them and not to me?” he mouthed back.

“Because they deserve my respect and not you,” she mouthed.

“But I’m older than you!” he whispered.

“I don’t care!” she whispered back.

“Honey, is everything okay?” Mrs. Jang asked the two.

“Yes, umma. I was just asking MinYoung something,” WooYoung smiled as he lightly kicked MinYoung under the table.

“Y-y-yes, u-umma,” MinYoung smiled, too.

 

Once the elders were chatting, MinYoung took the opportunity to kick WooYoung back, but harder. WooYoung jumped on his seat. GeunSuk laughed secretly.

 

“What was that for?!” he whispered.

“Never ever kick a girl!” she whispered back.

“But I did it lightly!” he protested.

“Still, you shouldn’t have done it!” MinYoung stuck out her tongue and so did WooYoung.

GeunSuk leaned at WooYoung who was sitting beside him.

“Just eat and try to live until the end of the night,” GeunSuk whispered at WooYoung as he tried to restrain himself from laughing to hard.

 

All throughout the dinner, MinYoung and WooYoung tried to refrain themselves from killing each other.

 

~●♥●~