Mr. President

It Started With A Mistake

 

My Girl – Xing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3hK4yH74h0

 

~●♥●~

 

“What do you think he want to talk to me about?” MinYoung asked HaRin as they both stood in front of the president’s door to his office.

“I have no idea,” HaRin shrugged, “his assistant said it was very important and asked to meet you first thing in the morning,” she added.

“I’m not getting fired am i?” MinYoung asked nervously.

“What made you think that?! He’s your father! He won’t fire you,” HaRin assured her. MinYoung took in a few deep breaths.

“I’ll have to leave you here. I still have to finish up some work before I go,” HaRin turned around and went back to the elevator. But before the elevator doors close, HaRin called MinYoung.

“Unnie!!”

“Yeah?”

“Hwaiting!” HaRin pumped her fist and so did MinYoung. Taking in a few more deep breaths, MinYoung finally knocked on the door.

“Come in,” a deep voice instructed.

 

MinYoung gently opened the door and went in: http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/elite-meetingv1-managerial-office-furniture-walid-fahmi-.jpg. She closed the door gently and walked straight in front of the president’s desk and bowed 90 degrees.

“Good morning, Mr. President,” she greeted politely.

“Aigoo, this kid,” the president chuckled, “I told you to not address me as ‘Mr. President’ even if you work here,” he reminded her. MinYoung stood straight with an amused smile.

“What’s with the smile?” Mr. Shin asked curiously.

“I was just amazed on how you’re telling me to not address you as Mr. President,” MinYoung giggled.

“Why would you be amazed?” Mr. Shin was intrigued.

“Just when I came to my office, HaRin called me ‘vice president’. I told her to not call me that since she’s my best friend even if she works as my secretary,” she chuckled.

“You really have my blood,” Mr. Shin said proudly.

 

“You said you wanted to talk to me about something?” MinYoung asked, getting down to business.

“Yes. Why don’t you have a seat first,” her father suggested and MinYoung took a seat

“So how’s your work doing?” Mr. Shin asked.

“It’s doing well. The other employees are kind enough to help me if I need one,” MinYoung smiled.

“Are you enjoying it?” he asked.

“Of course! I love the office, the company, even the late hours and overtime,” MinYoung said in one breath. Mr. Shin chuckled.

“Why would you think I wouldn’t like it here?” she asked. At that moment, MinYoung was getting nervous as she thought her father would fire her.

“It’s not like that, princess,” Mr. Shin stood up from his seat and walked in front of his desk.

“I just thought that maybe it’s too early for you to handle the company,” he gave his opinion.

“I’m fine, appa. Don’t worry. It’s my time to take all of the stress away from you,” MinYoung stood up and went to her father to fix his tie.

“That’s what I’m afraid of,” he said.

“What do you mean?” MinYoung tilted her head to the side.

“Your mother and I are worried that you might get caught up in work, not get married and grow old alone. Princess, we’re not getting any younger. We want to see our grandchildren. At your age, we want to see you settled down and maybe start your own family,” he said. MinYoung laughed.

“Appa that time will come. Right now, I just want you and umma to have fun and enjoy life to the fullest,” MinYoung patted her father’s chest.

“Okay, you win,” Mr. Shin gave in.

 

MinYoung smiled happily. She didn’t want to take over the company because of the position but because she wanted her parents to have some fun and enjoy what they have while they still can.

“But before I give you the company,” Mr. Shin began as he was getting something under a large pile of papers and folders on his desk, “you have to accept this,” he handed her a brown envelope. MinYoung hesitantly took it and curiously peeked inside. She took out something, to reveal a plane ticket.

“A trip to Jeju Island?” MinYoung asked. Mr. Shin nodded.

“Why do you want me to go there?” MinYoung was confused.

“You need to go on an early vacation to take a LONG rest and relaxation because you’ll need all the strength once you become the president of Shin Corporation,” Mr. Shin informed her.

“So who am I going with?” MinYoung asked excitedly.

“Actually, we’re letting you go alone this time,” he said slowly. MinYoung’s eyes widened.

“Really?” Mr. Shin nodded.

“Since we know that you love Jeju Island so much, we want you to have it all for yourself,” he added. MinYoung gave her father a big hug.

“Thank you so much appa!” she squealed.

“You’re welcome princess,” Mr. Shin hugged her tightly and pulled away to see his daughter’s bright smile.

 

“So what happens if I don’t accept this?” MinYoung wondered.

“Then I won’t give you the company and I’ll have to work more and continue on with dealing with the stress around here,” he said dramatically.

“Stop that appa. Your acting is bad,” MinYoung laughed.

“Now you’re calling the president a bad actor?” Mr. Shin tickled MinYoung.

“You’re not the president! You’re my appa!” MinYoung managed to say. Then, the room was full of laughter which Mr. Shin’s secretary barely hears outside.

 

~●♥●~