Her Guilt

It Started With A Mistake

 

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung went back to the office.

 

“So how’s the president-to-be?” HaRin asked as she followed MinYoung inside her office.

“I’m excited,” MinYoung said but she couldn’t look in her best friend’s eyes.

“And so am I,” HaRin swayed, “and before you move on top, here are some papers you need to sign,” she added as she placed one folder of contracts to be signed.

“Good luck on signing!” HaRin cheered before she left the office.

 

“I’m so sorry dongsaeng,” MinYoung apologized as tears cascaded down her cheeks.

 

After letting out some tears, MinYoung quickly signed the contracts. She didn’t have to read it anymore since she has read it before. As soon as she finished signing, by the end of the month, she’ll be the newest president of Shin Corporations.

 

MinYoung did some more paper work and has decided to leave early. She came out of her office and saw that HaRin was waiting for her.

 

“What are you still doing here?” MinYoung asked.

“I was waiting for you, unnie. Don’t we always go home together?” HaRin tilted her head to the side.

“Oh yeah. Sure. Let’s go?” MinYoung asked but tried to ignore her best friend’s gaze.

 

MinYoung was going to drop off HaRin to her house. In the midst of the annoying silence, HaRin spoke up.

“Unnie?” HaRin turned to face MinYoung.

“Hmm?” MinYoung glanced at her then back to the road.

Even for a short glance, MinYoung caught a short glimpse of sadness in her best friend’s eyes.

“Can I tell you something?” HaRin asked softly.

“You know you can always tell me anything. What is it?” MinYoung said.

“WooYoung oppa has been distant to me lately,” HaRin said, “I feel like he doesn’t love me anymore,” she whispered but MinYoung heard her.

“That-that wouldn’t ha-happen,” MinYoung stuttered.

HaRin looked at her unnie. It was the very first time she heard MinYoung defend WooYoung.

“How would you know?” HaRin asked.

“Because-because he knows that I’ll run after him if he ever cheats o-on you,” MinYoung tried to sound angry but she failed. HaRin didn’t notice her act because MinYoung had made a stop in front of HaRin’s house.

“I still don’t know, unnie,” HaRin said worriedly. MinYoung sighed.

“Dongsaeng, I’m sure he still loves you. Maybe he got caught up on work or something. Remember, he went to Jeju Island. So, for sure, he has left a lot of work at the office,” MinYoung tried to convince her dongsaeng.

“By the way, did you get the chance to meet up with him in the Island?” HaRin asked as he held the handle of the door.

“I-I did sa-saw him. But that-that’s just about it,” MinYoung shrugged her shoulders.

“Alright. I’ll go now, unnie,” HaRin smiled brightly then stepped out of the car and waved before she walked inside her house.

 

“If she learns about the night that we had, I’m sure that that bright smile wouldn’t be same again,” sighing, MinYoung sped off to her house.

 

~●♥●~