Making Up

It Started With A Mistake

 

 

Risk My Life – 2PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrmBEyK42I

 

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung was brought to a different room after a minor operation.

 

“Mmm..”

 

MinYoung stirred. She slowly opened her eyes and found herself in unfamiliar surroundings and tried to get up.

 

“Don’t you dare~” someone threatened. MinYoung obediently laid back. She turned to her side to find out who was with her.

“O-oppa?” her voice croaked, “where are we?” she asked whilst she looked around.

“You don’t remember anything?” he asked. MinYoung slowly shook her head.

“I only remembered fighting with WooYoung and then I felt pain in my stomach. That’s when WooYoung saw that I was blee..” her eyes widened.

“My baby!” she clutched onto her stomach.

“Don’t worry, the baby’s fine,” GeunSuk assured her. MinYoung sighed in relief then turned to look at him.

“What are you doing here, then?” she asked as she eyed him who was lying on the other bed.

“I’m here because of you. You needed me,” he said coolly. Confusion was written all over her face.

“You lost a lot of blood so I volunteered to give you some of mine,” he said. MinYoung looked up and saw that there was a bag of blood beside her IV.

“Can I have someone else’s blood?” she asked bluntly.

“Why would you want that?” he asked.

“I don’t want my baby to be like you,” she said without thinking twice.

“You don’t want the baby to become handsome like me?” he asked in surprise.

“I don’t want my baby to become EXACTLY like you,” she said.

“Pssh. WooYoung has the same blood as mine. The baby will definitely have some of our blood,” he said. MinYoung turned silent.

 

“Still haven’t forgiven him, huh?” GeunSuk guessed.

“How am I going to forgive him? He’s the reason why I and my baby are here,” she mumbled but GeunSuk caught up.

“MinYoung-ah~” he called. She looked at him.

“Remember the night when I called you?” he asked. MinYoung chuckled.

“How could I forget? I believed you and I held on to your words,” she shook her head in disbelief.

“I wasn’t lying,” he told her.

“Stop it, oppa. I don’t want to hear it anymore,” she shook her head.

“No, I’m not going to stop until the both of you realize that you guys are really meant for each other!” he said loudly. MinYoung gave him a hurt look.

“How I wish we were,” her lower lips trembled.

“You don’t have to wish because it’s true!” he persisted.

“One-sided love doesn’t mean that we’re meant for each other, oppa!” she blurted out. GeunSuk stared at her.

“I confessed to him already,” she whispered.

“Confess as in confess, confess?” he asked.

 

Flashback

 

“So cuddling with your ex-fiancé meant that you have moved on, huh?!” he asked.

“I didn’t hug him on the first place, alright? He wanted to comfort me and he wouldn’t have done that if I didn’t hear you say how HaRin is still special for you,” MinYoung’s tears began to fall.

“I’m pretty sure Nichkhun still has a special spot in your heart. What’s the point of getting jealous, MinYoung-ah?” he said.

“That’s because I thought you have let go of HaRin already like how I have let go of Nichkhun oppa because I wanted to become a wife to you!” MinYoung walked towards him and poked him hard on the chest. WooYoung fell silent.

 

End of Flashback

 

“That’s not a confession to me, at all,” GeunSuk turned to his side.

“How’s that not a confession? I told him that I have let go of my feelings for Nichkhun oppa, didn’t I?” she asked in frustration.

“Yes you did tell him that but that’s just like informing him. Unless you really tell him how you really for him, that when you confess,” he said.

“So you’re telling me that if I should’ve confessed PROPERLY, I won’t be here on the first place and that we’re now still living happily together?” she asked sarcastically.

“That’s not what I meant~” he whined.

“Then what?~” she whined, too; tired of playing mind games with GeunSuk.

“Can’t you see?” he sat up, “both of you are such cowards to admit to each other, let alone to yourselves, that you both love each other. If you told him how you really felt for him on the first place, then you could’ve pulled him out of his shell,” he said.

 

MinYoung didn’t want to argue anymore. She knew that she was being a coward but she never thought that WooYoung was, too. She got lost in her train of thoughts when someone knocked on the door. Dr. Park came in.

 

“Excuse me, Mr. Jang. You can go now,” Dr. Park said.

“Am I not a patient?” he asked. Dr. Park laughed.

“I’m sorry, sir, but we just let you stayed in here to rest for a while after getting a bag of blood from you,” she said.

“Alright,” GeunSuk stood up and hugged MinYoung.

“She’s pretty,” he mumbled. MinYoung pinched his waist.

“Ouch! Alright, I’m out!” he said as he rubbed his waist where she pinched him. Dr. Park approached her.

“How are you doing?” she asked.

“Fine, I guess,” she said softly.

“You almost lost the baby,” Dr. Park said as she checked her IV.

“I know. Oppa told me,” she said.

 

Then, someone entered the room.

 

“Oh, Mr. Jang,” Dr. Park greeted.

 

MinYoung looked at the door and saw WooYoung holding a bouquet of blue roses; her favorite. He slowly approached MinYoung’s bed but she remained silent; not greeting him at all.

 

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Dr. Park excused herself and went out.

 

Once Dr. Park left, there was an awkward silence inside the room. WooYoung cleared his throat. MinYoung turned to look at him.

 

“How-how are you doing?” he asked softly.

“Good. I almost lost the baby, though,” she looked away.

“I know,” he said guiltily.

“I’ve got flowers for you. It’s your favorite, right?” he showed her. MinYoung looked at it for a while before looking away.

“Thanks,” that was all she could say to him.

 

WooYoung was growing tired of MinYoung’s bitterness and he wanted to have a proper talk with her. So, he placed the flowers on the table beside MinYoung’s bed and grabbed a chair. MinYoung looked at him as he moved, somehow anticipating on the next thing that he would do. Once he sat down, she looked away again.

 

“MinYoung-ah, I’m not expecting you to say anything to me now nor am I expecting you to forgive me but please, just listen,” he said softly. MinYoung remained silent.

 

“Back at the house, when we were fighting, I lied. I was lying when I told you that my only reason for marrying you was because of the baby. Yes, it was my only reason before but when we started living together, I found A LOT of reasons why I married you,” he grabbed her hand and held on to it. MinYoung slowly turned to look at him.

 

“Cliché but now I believe that true love never dies. But MinYoung-ah, you’re not just my true love,” he said as he entwined his fingers on hers. MinYoung had her hand limp and he was hoping that she would respond but she didn’t.

 

“What exactly am I to you, WooYoung?” she asked.

“You’re my first love and now you’re my last. While you were inside the operating room, I thought of the things that would happen if you really left. If you did then I would no longer have someone who would cook food for me even if I didn’t say so, or fix my crooked tie before I get to work. I wouldn’t have someone to look forward to when I get home, or someone who would sleep beside me, knowing that she’s having my baby. I wouldn’t have someone to hold on to at night, someone that I loved before and have loved ever since,” he went on, “someone who I would claim as my wife.”

 

MinYoung listened attentively and perfectly heard everything that WooYoung said. She couldn’t take it anymore and began to cry. WooYoung panicked when he saw her tears falling. He stood and sat on the bed beside her.

 

“Hey, what’s with the tears?” he wiped her tears with this thumb, “did I said something wrong?” he asked as he cupped her face in his hands. MinYoung pulled his hands away and shook her head.

“N-no, you said everything right,” she gave a teary smile. MinYoung sat up and WooYoung helped her up. WooYoung smiled at her and then he held her close to his chest. Suddenly, MinYoung pushed him away with an annoyed look and hit his chest.

“What did I do now?” he asked, confused of MinYoung’s sudden change of mood.

“What took you so long to say those words?!” she asked.

“I was waiting for you to make the first move!” he rubbed his chest where she hit him.

“Me?! Yah! You’re the guy so you should’ve made the first move!” she reasoned.

“It’s the 21st century! A girl can make the first move now!” he argued.

“Then why did you made the first move now?!” she asked as she repeatedly hit him on the chest. He let her and answered, “Because I could no longer wait to tell you how I really feel.” MinYoung stopped.

“Are you telling the truth?” she eyed him.

“I swear!” he held his hands up but MinYoung’s wouldn’t believe him.

“You want me to prove it?” he asked as he moved his face inches away from hers.

“You wouldn’t dare,” she taunted.

“Watch me,” he whispered huskily that sent shivers down her spine but she didn’t show it.

 

WooYoung slowly moved his face closer to MinYoung’s. He was really close when suddenly..

“Oof!”

 

WooYoung stopped moving. The couple turned to look at the door and saw their parents, GeunSuk, Nichkhun, HaRin, Dr. Park and Nurse Jung stumbled inside. They were stacked up together and looked up at the couple.

 

“What were you guys doing?” WooYoung asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Dr. Park? Nurse Jung?” MinYoung blinked.

 

Everyone let out a nervous laugh and began to make different excuses. WooYoung stood up from where he was seated and crossed his arms. Everyone stopped laughing and immediately stood up and left. GeunSuk came back.

 

“What?!” WooYoung barked.

“W-we left the do-door open. So-sorry,” GeunSuk said and immediately shut the door.

 

“Intruders,” WooYoung mumbled and sat back on MinYoung’s bed.

“Where were we?” he asked as he tried to lean in again. Suddenly, MinYoung yawned. WooYoung stopped.

“I’m sleepy,” she said. WooYoung chuckled at her cuteness.

“Alright, let’s sleep,” he said. He sat back on the chair. MinYoung looked at him.

“What are you doing there?” she asked.

“We’re going to sleep, right?” he asked, clueless.

“You’re going to sleep on the chair?” she raised an eyebrow. WooYoung turned around to look at the vacant bed by the room. He looked back at MinYoung and shook his head.

“I don’t want to sleep away from you,” he said.

“Who said you would be sleeping there?” she asked.

 

WooYoung still looked clueless. MinYoung scooted over to give him some space on her bed. WooYoung smiled and immediately took the space beside her. MinYoung hugged WooYoung and he held her close to his chest and they both closed their eyes. MinYoung could hear WooYoung’s heart beat.

 

“So, does this mean I’m forgiven?” he asked. But MinYoung didn’t respond. WooYoung looked down and saw MinYoung’s serene face and she had a small smile on her lips. WooYoung was contented.

 

~●♥●~