Visit from the Parents

It Started With A Mistake

 

Really Really - Dalmatian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJDcqhcMmac

 

~●♥●~

 

Months have passed and MinYoung’s belly was round and full, and she and her daughter were healthy. WooYoung made sure that she ate the right food and gave her the things she has been craving for.

 

“Woah~”

 

WooYoung rushed over to MinYoung who was standing on top of a chair, grabbing bowls on the top cabinets.

 

“Easy there,” he said as he took the bowl from her hands and helped her get down.

“Thank you, oppa,” she said as she took back the plate.

“Why didn’t you ask help from me or from our maids?” WooYoung asked and stood on top of the chair.

“They’re busy preparing the table and cleaning the house and I didn’t want to bother you,” she said. She turned around and saw WooYoung standing on the chair.

“What are you doing there?” she asked him.

“I’m making sure you won’t be standing here anymore if you need something up there,” he placed his hands on his hips.

“I just need two more big bowls,” she giggled. WooYoung took the bowls down and moved the chair away.

“No stepping on chairs and ladders,” he said sternly.

“Yes, sir,” she saluted and kissed his cheek.

“So what time will they be coming?” he asked as he helped her with the dishes.

“Before dinner time,” she said.

 

It has been a habit for their parents to visit them at least twice a month. Once MinYoung reached her eighth month of pregnancy, everyone visited as often as they could. They watched over her as if she was a time bomb: she could explode anytime.

 

“Dinner’s almost near. Let’s freshen up,” WooYoung said as he tried to push her out of the kitchen.

“But the pasta-“

“The maids will take care of it,” he said and they both left the kitchen.

 

While WooYoung took a shower first, MinYoung laid his and her clothes on top of their bed. Then, it was MinYoung’s turn to take a shower. As WooYoung changed into his new clothes, MinYoung shouted.

 

“Oppa!!” WooYoung rushed to the bathroom and tried opening the door but it won’ budge.

“MinYoung-ah?!?!” he banged loudly on the door.

“Oppa something’s wrong!” she panicked.

“What happened in there?! Open the door!” he panicked as well. MinYoung opened the door halfway but WooYoung barged in and checked MinYoung.

“Oppa! Don’t go on barging in like that! I could’ve been , you know?” she said as she tightly clutched her robe.

“I don’t care. I’ve seen that already,” he said nonchalantly and she blushed madly. “Now, what happened to you?” he said as he placed his hands on his hips.

 

“I forgot to put butter on the pasta. It will stick together if there’s no butter,” she bit her finger.

“Aigoo,” he bowed his head and relaxed, “I thought something happened to you,” he added and shook his head.

“Could you please go downstairs and check on it?” she asked cutely.

“Sure,” he said as he began to leave the bathroom but turned around again, “don’t lock the door; anything could happen to you,” he said.

“Just don’t barge in like that again,” she said and he left. But MinYoung called him again.

“Oppa!!”

“What? Did something happen??” he was in panic mode again when he stuck his head inside the bathroom. MinYoung giggled.

“Don’t forget to wear your pants before you go downstairs,” she reminded him. WooYoung looked down and he wasn’t wearing anything aside from boxers. He immediately left and wore his pants before going downstairs.

 

As soon as MinYoung finished showering up, their parents, together with GeunSuk, arrived.

 

“Where’s MinYoung-ah, sweetie?” Mrs. Jang asked as she hugged him.

 

“I’m here!” MinYoung said as she went down the stairs. GeunSuk approached her and helped her come down.

 

MinYoung excitedly greeted the elders and led them to the living room. Mr. and Mrs. Shin brought their daughter’s favorite: strawberry shortcake.

 

“Yay!” she squealed in delight.

“How are you doing, honey?” Mrs. Shin asked as she caressed MinYoung’s cheek.

“I’m doing great, umma,” she grinned up at her.

“Aigoo~ MinYoung-ah, you’re blooming so much in your pregnancy,” Mrs. Jang commented.

“I’ve been taken care of well,” MinYoung said and gave WooYoung a wink.

“Is that so?” Mrs. Jang asked and MinYoung nodded. The fathers looked at WooYoung and gave an approving nod.

“Why don’t we all go to the dining room and have our dinner?” MinYoung suggested.

 

The couple led everyone to dining room and took their places. Before they placed food on their own plates, they filled MinYoung’s plate first. Everyone ate and chatted happily. The elders were, as always, impressed with MinYoung’s cooking.

 

“So oppa, are you seeing anyone at the moment?” MinYoung asked GeunSuk.

“Yeah. Well, we’re not yet dating or a couple yet but I think we’re getting there,” he said.

“Really?” MinYoung and WooYoung said at the same time.

“Who is it?!” WooYoung asked excitedly. GeunSuk scratched the back of his, not sure of he should answer the question.

“Come on, who is it?! Our parents are busy chatting so they wouldn’t know,” MinYoung whispered and she and WooYoung leaned in.

“It’s- I’m going out with your doctor,” he whispered.

“WHAT?!” the couple gasped in shock. The elders stopped chatting and turned towards their direction.

“Did something happen?” Mr. Jang asked. MinYoung shook her head but WooYoung couldn’t control himself.

“Hyung’s seeing someone!” he blurted and MinYoung covered his mouth to prevent him from talking even more.

“Really? Is it true, honey?” Mrs. Jang turned to look at GeunSuk excitedly. GeunSuk nervously laughed.

“No wonder he’s always away from home,” Mr. Jang chuckled.

“You always went out with Dr. Park?!” MinYoung asked out loud. This time, GeunSuk covered MinYoung’s mouth.

“You’re going out with MinYoung’s doctor?” Mrs. Shin asked. GeunSuk glared at the couple who ignored him and looked somewhere else.

“We’re not going out as a couple,” GeunSuk clarified.

 

“Oh, such pity. I really like MinYoung’s doctor,” Mrs. Jang said. GeunSuk, MinYoung and WooYoung’s eyes widened.

“Really?! You like ShinHye for me?!” GeunSuk asked excitedly.

“Of course. She’s has a good profession and a very lovely girl, I might say,” Mrs. Jang said.

“Maybe it’s time you settle down as well,” Mr. Shin commented.

“Who’s ShinHye?” MinYoung asked.

“Park ShinHye, your doctor,” GeunSuk answered.

 

After opening up about MinYoung’s daughter, GeunSuk began to ask for advices. The elders eagerly joined in the conversation. While everyone contributed suggestions and gave advices to GeunSuk, MinYoung sat silently and laughed little.

 

“Are you alright?” WooYoung asked softly.

“Yeah. Don’t worry about me,” MinYoung weakly smiled.

“Are you sure? You don’t seem fine to me,” he said.

“I’m sure. The baby’s been kicking sharply this time,” she told him.

“If you don’t feel well, I could accompany you to the room,” he suggested.

“I’ll be fine. We can’t leave them here yet; that would be rude,” she smiled.

“Why don’t you accompany them to the garden while I prepare tea?” she suggested.

 

WooYoung agreed and brought everyone outside. While MinYoung was preparing tea, she would stop and grip the edges of the counter to breathe. The maids noticed this and insisted on making the tea themselves.

 

“I’m fine. I can handle this,” she said kindly and the maids left to clean the dishes.

 

When she felt that she was okay, MinYoung took the tray and slowly made her way outside.

Once she has stepped out, MinYoung stopped in her tracks and felt another sharp pain on her stomach. WooYoung noticed her standing still by the door and worriedly looked at her.

 

MinYoung was about to take another step when she felt pain again. This time, she dropped the tray on the ground and clutched her stomach. MinYoung cried.

 

“MinYoung-ah!!” WooYoung jumped out of his seat and rushed over to MinYoung who was now sitting on the ground in pain. Everyone ran over to MinYoung.

“What happened?!” Mr. Shin panicked.

“Oppa!” MinYoung held onto WooYoung’s hand and screamed.

“When’s her due?!” Mrs. Jang asked as she looked at MinYoung.

“I still have less than a week left,” MinYoung gritted her teeth.

 

Mrs. Jang glanced on MinYoung’s legs and found her dress was wet and so was the ground.

 

“It’s time. MinYoung’s water has burst,” Mrs. Shin declared.

 

Not waiting another second, WooYoung carried her bridal style to the car and sped off to the hospital. Everyone followed in their own cars.

 

~●♥●~