Delayed

It Started With A Mistake

 

아무일도 없었다 장엽

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwCfxwfIMk

 

~●♥●~

 

By the end of the month, MinYoung, her mom and Nichkhun’s mom began preparing for the engagement party. MinYoung has been stressed: working at the office and preparing for the party. Every night, she’ll come home drained from the days’ activities.

 

“Are you okay, baby?” Nichkhun asked as he sat across from MinYoung. He knew how tired MinYoung was from work and decided to take her out.

“I’m just tired,” MinYoung slouched from her seat. Then, a waiter came to take their orders.

“What do you want babe?” Nichkhun asked as he flipped through the menu.

“I’ll have whatever you’ll have,” she said.

“Two orders of course B, please, and two mango tart cakes for desert,” Nichkhun said. MinYoung smiled at him. Mango tart is her favorite desert.

“I hope you’ll feel better with the desert,” Nichkhun held her hand.

“Thank you, oppa,” she laced her hand on his.

 

Ever since they got engaged, Nichkhun noticed that MinYoung’s coming back to her old self. He was thankful.

 

“Are you sure you can still work? The engagement party is eating up your time,” he said worriedly.

“It’s okay, oppa. I can still do it. Our ummadeul are there for me. Besides, it’s already two weeks from now. After the company is handed over to me and the engagement party, I could leave work and start preparing for the wedding and stuff,” she smiled.

“That’s good to hear. But if you need help, you can tell me, alright,” he said.

Suddenly, MinYoung’s head started to spin. She massaged her temples.

“Baby, are you alright?” Nichkhun asked worriedly.

“Uh, yeah. I’m fine. I just got dizzy; I guess I’m just tired. But I’m good,” MinYoung smiled weakly.

“Aigoo~ I’ll drop you off at your house as soon as we finish dinner. You need to rest,” he rubbed her arm.

“Sorry for ruining your plans, oppa,” she said guiltily.

“It’s okay, baby. Do you have anything to do tomorrow?” he asked.

“I have to go check out the venue for the party and the menu that we’ll be serving to the guests. And the guests’ list, too! Oh! And your tux as well,” she enumerated.

“So you have the whole day planned for the preparations for the party?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, sir,” she nodded.

“No office works?”

“None, promise,” she raised her right hand.

“Fine. How about we have breakfast tomorrow morning and then we organize together?” he proposed.

“You don’t have any work tomorrow?” MinYoung asked as she absentmindedly poked her food.

“I can talk it with WooYoung. I’m sure he’ll understand,” he assured.

“He better,” MinYoung muttered.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Nothing,” she shook her head.

“So, we’ll go together morning?” he asked and MinYoung nodded.

“Babe, aren’t you hungry? Stop poking your food,” Nichkhun pointed at her food.

“Opps. Sorry,” she ate a bit even though she actually didn’t feel like eating. But after three forkfuls, she pushed her plate back.

Thinking that she was just tired, Nichkhun dropped her off to her house after they had desert.

 

“Go to bed early, alright?” Nichkhun said softly.

“Yes, oppa. Sorry for the night,” she apologized.

“No harm done,” he chuckled. “I’ll see you tomorrow then?” he asked.

“Yeah. But if you have work to do tomorrow then it’s fine,” she smiled.

“I’ll call you first thing in the morning,” he said.

“Okay.”

Nichkhun leaned in and gave MinYoung a sweet kiss before she went out of the car.

 

As soon as MinYoung closed the front door, she became dizzy again. MinYoung immediately ran to her room and to her own bathroom then she vomited on the sink.

 

“Am I that really tired?” she thought.

 

After cleaning herself up, she grabbed her pajamas from her closet. As she changed, she noticed her calendar beside her bathroom mirror.

 

“When was the last time I had my period?” she asked herself.

 

MinYoung counted the days. She was a month and two week delayed already. Her eyes widened.

 

“Couldn’t it be…?”

 

~●♥●~