Final Words

It Started With A Mistake

 

~●♥●~

 

It was a silent ride inside the limousine as WooYoung and MinYoung were on their way to the reception. Not too long, WooYoung heard MinYoung sniffle beside him. He took a glance on his left and saw MinYoung trying to stop herself from crying.

 

“Here.”

 

MinYoung turned to her right and saw WooYoung offering her his handkerchief but he looked elsewhere.

“I don’t need it,” she said coldly as she looked on her window.

“Yes you do,” he persisted, “we’ll be arriving at the reception in a while and you can’t show them you’re sad,” he told her.

“He’s got a point,” she thought. Slowly, MinYoung took his handkerchief and silently wept.

“We’re almost there so you should start collecting yourself now,” he informed her. MinYoung wiped her tears one last time and applied some powder to cover up her tear-stained cheeks.

 

All of the guests waited patiently inside a big white tent, near the beach, when the bridal car stopped in front of it.

 

“You good now?” he peered at MinYoung. She slowly nodded.

 

WooYoung helped her get out of the limousine and stood outside of the tent.

 

“Everyone, the newly-wed has arrived. Let us all welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Jang!” the MC of the night cheered inside the tent.

 

“Are you ready?” WooYoung asked as he offered his arm. MinYoung let out an exhale.

“I am,” she said as she laced her hand on his arm and they both entered the tent.

 

Once the new couple has entered, bubbles were blown from the entrance and it scattered everywhere. The tent was dimly lit with crystal chandeliers dangling from above, big tables that would fit fifteen guests each and each table was decorated with white roses, MinYoung’s favorite, and the place where she and WooYoung would stay was decorated with even more white roses and white lights.

 

“Everything that I planned for my supposed to be wedding with Nichkhun oppa,” MinYoung thought sadly as she walked down the aisle with WooYoung beside her. MinYoung and WooYoung sat silently by their place and smiled at everyone while they listened to their family and friends’ wishes.

 

“Let’s now listen to a wish coming from a friend who’s very close to the couple, especially to the groom,” the MC announced. MinYoung’s heart began to beat.

“He also once dated MinYoung who I’m pretty sure is also very dear to her,” the MC added.

“This MC doesn’t what he’s saying. That person is supposed to be my groom,” she wanted to say but stopped herself from doing so.

“Everyone, let’s welcome the groom’s best man, Mr. Nichkhun Horvejkul,” the MC handed the microphone to him.

 

“Good evening everyone,” he bowed.

 

“My well-mannered guy,” MinYoung thought.

 

“I wasn’t prepared for a speech tonight since none of them,” Nichkhun faced the couple, “informed me about having to speak tonight so I guess I’ll just have to say everything I should be saying,” he turned back to the guest who gave a soft laugh.

“The MC was right. I AM very close to this couple. I am WooYoung’s best friend and once MinYoung’s boyfriend. I’ve known them for so long and what you see right now,” Nichkhun paused to point at the couple, “is not what you would imagine that would happen if you saw how they always fought before,” he said with a hint of sadness.

“That’s why I wish you good luck on your marriage,” the guests laughed but Nichkhun was really serious. “WooYoung-ah, take care of MinYoung, okay? You’re going to be a father soon. Be there when she needs you,” Nichkhun looked at WooYoung who gave him a thumb up. “And MinYoung-ah,” then he turned to look at MinYoung which surprised her, “I wish you happiness. WooYoung’s a great guy. I’m sure he’ll make you happy,” with that, Nichkhun handed the microphone back to the MC and everyone clapped. At that moment, MinYoung wanted to run to him and hug him tight but she knew she can’t do it. Not with everyone seeing it.

 

“If our groom has a best friend of his own, of course our bride has one, too. She’s very close to MinYoung’s heart and once dated WooYoung,” the MC said with a hint of intrigue on his voice.

“Ms. Park HaRin,” the MC gave the microphone to HaRin. She gave everyone a 90 degrees bow before facing the couple. HaRin’s heart winced in pain when she saw WooYoung was passionately looking at her while he sat beside MinYoung.

“I just want to wish both of you happiness on your marriage. And I hope that you’ll both be responsible parents once the baby is born,” HaRin said. “Unnie, be strong and stay healthy for you and for the baby. I can’t wait to hold your baby in my arms. And oppa, I just hope you would take care of unnie. You know she needs you at this time. That’s all,” she said hurriedly because she didn’t want to cry in front of the guests. But MinYoung surprised her when her unnie hugged her tight.

“K-kamsahamnida, dongsaeng,” MinYoung cried silently. HaRin hugged her back and cried together with her. Everyone clapped. They both pulled away and laughed when they noticed that they were both crying.

 

“Let’s give them another round of applause,” the MC’s voice boomed through the speakers again.

“And for the last message, coming from the bride’s father, let us all welcome, Mr. Shin.”

 

Mr. Shin took the microphone from the MC and stood in the middle of the dance floor.

 

“There’s nothing more to say, I guess, since everyone has said almost everything,” Mr. Shin joked and the crowd laughed. “I just want to wish this couple a happy marriage. They’ve taken one big step and I’m sure they’ll have to overcome some obstacles soon. They’ll begin to make decisions for themselves and eventually make mistakes,” he turned his back from the guests to look at MinYoung and WooYoung. “And I hope that in this marriage, you’ll both someday find happiness that you once had lost,” Mr. Shin said smiled weakly. “As my gift,” his voice became louder, “I’m now handing over to both of you Shin Corporation in partnership with Jang’s Company,” he finished. MinYoung and WooYoung were caught by surprise while everyone congratulated them.

 

Soon, the food was being served to everyone. MinYoung ate only a little but WooYoung told her to eat some more or the baby will get weak. As she was eating, she saw a familiar figure exiting out of the tent. MinYoung left her unfinished plate and tried to follow the person who went out. WooYoung noticed her stand up and was about to persist on eating again, MinYoung already left and went to the exit. He was about to follow her when he noticed Nichkhun’s empty seat.

 

“They need their privacy,” WooYoung thought.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Nichkhun was kicking the sad as he walked along the shore. MinYoung immediately spotted him and she walked over to where he was.

 

“Oppa?” MinYoung called. Nichkhun froze.

“Her voice. Sweet as always,” he thought as he closed his eyes.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked. He turned to look at her.

“I just needed some fresh air,” he excused as he sat on the sand. MinYoung followed suit.

“What are you doing?!” he asked.

“I’m sitting down,” she told him.

“I know you’re sitting down but with your dress on?!” he asked pointed at her gown.

“What’s wrong with me sitting on the sand with my gown on?” she blinked her eyes.

“It’s-well, nothing. You shouldn’t be sitting on sand with that beautiful dress,” he said softly but MinYoung heard him but stayed silent. But she had to break the ice between them.

“Listen, oppa, I want to tell you something,” she began but Nichkhun stopped her.

“You don’t need to tell me anything,” he said.

“But I do,” she persisted but he remained silent and showed no interest on whatever she’s going to say.

“I wanted to tell you everything before I got married but I never got the chance to do so because-because,” MinYoung was beginning to tear up again, “because you wouldn’t let me,” her voice trembled. Nichkhun sadly looked at her. MinYoung cried in her palms. Instinctively, Nichkhun pulled her to give her an apologetic hug.

“I’m so sorry,” he apologized, “I just couldn’t accept the fact that you were getting married to WooYoung, let alone get pregnant by him,” he admitted.

“I couldn’t either. If only you knew, I would do everything just to have you back,” she cried.

“But you can’t. You’re going to be the mother of WooYoung’s baby soon,” he said as he was about to cry. Until now, his heart felt pain. He pulled away and wiped her tears with his thumb.

“You may be Mrs. Jang now but you’ll always have a special place in my heart,” Nichkhun said as he placed one hand of MinYoung’s on his left chest.

“Thank you, oppa and I’m sorry as well. For what I’ve done to you, you deserve someone much better than me,” she said.

“It would take some time for me to heal but until then, I want to tell you that I love you so much,” he said softly as he leaned his forehead on hers.

“I’ll always love you, oppa,” MinYoung whispered.

 

Meanwhile, at the very corner of the tent, HaRin was filling her glass with punch when WooYoung approached her.

“Hey,” he said softly. HaRin turned to see WooYoung standing beside her.

“Hey,” she greeted back as she sipped her punch.

“Listen, I never really have apologized properly,” he said as he stepped closed but HaRin stepped back immediately.

“You don’t have to. All is forgiven and forgotten,” she said in one breath but WooYoung persisted.

“I’m sorry,” he blurted.

“Please-” but WooYoung cut her off.

“We don’t have to pretend HaRin-ah. We both know that I have given much damage to you and that you’ve gotten hurt. And we both know that that’s because of me,” he said seriously.

“And now I’m trying to forget everything and move on. WooYoung-ssi, you know that this is what’s best for the both of us. Let’s just get this over with,” HaRin argued.

“I just want to have a proper closure with you,” he said but then he grabbed her hand, “but you know that you’ll always be that special girl to me,” he told her. HaRin exhaled.

“And you’ll always remain special to me,” she finally admitted.

“Thank you, HaRin-ah,” WooYoung smiled whole-heartedly again for the first time.

“You don’t have to say ‘thank you’ WooYoung-ssi,” she said.

“Please, don’t turn formal to me,” he pleaded.

“Fine,” HaRin said.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Once MinYoung went back to the tent, she saw the MC standing in the middle of the dance floor with the spotlight on while the other lights were dimmed to darkness.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, let us all welcome the newly-wed to approach the dance floor and have their first dance as husband and wife,” the MC announced. Slowly, MinYoung and WooYoung approached the center of the dance floor and once the music began to play, they began to dance to the slow song. WooYoung had his hands on her waist while MinYoung had her arms around his neck. They couldn’t look at each other while they danced. As they continued to dance, WooYoung spotted HaRin by her seat and gave a small smile. He smiled back. Meanwhile, MinYoung saw Nichkhun still standing by the tent’s exit. He gave her a small nod and so did her. With that, Nichkhun left the place.

 

On that night, four hearts were somehow put at ease.

 

~●♥●~