Announced

It Started With A Mistake

 

Finally our internet is back! I'm sorry for letting you hang for a long time. To make it up to you my dear readers, I'll update longer tonight! :)

 

It’s Beautiful - Younha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCoV-YRzAeM

 

~●♥●~

 

Two days after Nichkhun’s proposal, MinYoung invited the Horvejkul family for dinner at Shin’s mansion. MinYoung’s parents have no idea with the reason for the sudden dinner invitation. Nichkhun and MinYoung have both decided to tell their parents about their engagement that night.

 

“Everything’s settled?” MinYoung asked the maids.

“Yes, miss,” the maids answered.

 

Then, the door bell rang.

“Please bring these platters of food on the table. I’ll go welcome them,” she told the maids before she went to the receiving area where Mr. and Mrs. Shin are welcoming the Horvejkul family.

“Good evening,” MinYoung greeted brightly as she came out of the kitchen.

 

After she got engaged to Nichkhun, she’s been happy and been her normal self. She tried to forget about WooYoung and Jeju Island just for Nichkhun.

 

“Hello dear. You look thin,” Mrs. Horvejkul said as she hugged MinYoung.

“Have you been eating well?” Mr. Horvejkul asked.

“Yes I have. Do I really look like I lost a lot of weight?” MinYoung worriedly asked everyone.

Nichkhun chuckled as he stood beside MinYoung and wrapped his arm on his waist.

“Well, it’s not easy to prepare to become Shin Corporation’s new president,” he said as he kissed the top of her head.

“She’s been working all day long at the office: studying and reading boatload of papers. She doesn’t even come out of her office anymore!” Mrs. Shin said.

“Umma~ I do come out of the office once in a while~,” MinYoung pouted. Everyone laughed.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go have some dinner and stuff MinYoung up,” Mr. Shin said as he gathered everyone to the dining room. MinYoung and Nichkhun were left behind.

“I can’t wait to taste the food that you prepared,” he pecked her lips.

“And I made your favorite desert for tonight,” MinYoung smiled.

“I can’t wait for desert then!” Nichkhun grinned childishly. MinYoung laughed at his act.

“So, are you ready to tell them?” he asked.

“I’m ready of you are,” she smiled and he smiled back.

“Kids, let’s have our dinner!” Mrs. Shin called from the dining room.

“Yes, umma!” Nichkhun and MinYoung said in unison.

 

During dinner, everyone went on with the light atmosphere while they indulged in the food.

“I like this dish you prepared MinYoung,” Mrs. Horvejkul commented as she twirled her past on her fork.

“It’s actually umma’s original recipe. I just added a taste of my own,” MinYoung smiled.

“You’re a good cook,” Mr. Horvejkul commented.

“Thank you,” she smiled.

 

The dinner went on as they conversed. Desert came and everyone went to the living room. Maids followed them with six plates having one big slice of marble cake each and cups of coffee. “Mmms” and “ahhs” could be heard coming from their mouths as they indulged in the cake.

“You’re really a good cook, honey,” Mr. Shin said.

“Thanks, appa,” she smiled. MinYoung forked a small piece of cake and fed it to Nichkhun, who gladly ate it.

“So,” Mr. Horvejkul started, “what’s with the delicious dinner MinYoung-ah?” he asked.

MinYoung looked blankly at him for while then turned to Nichkhun who also stopped chewing. MinYoung elbowed him and he came back to reality.

“Actually,” Nichkhun sat up straight while MinYoung placed on the table the plate and fork. “MinYoung and I have an announcement to make,” he happily looked at MinYoung.

“What is it?” Mr. Shin asked. Nichkhun looked at MinYoung, to see if she wants to break the news to their parents. Instead, MinYoung gave him a nod for him to go on. The elders were looking at them.

“MinYoung and I,” Nichkhun started, “we’re engaged.”

 

The elders’ eyes widened. MinYoung felt the wide stares that they were getting but Nichkhun still held her close to him. Suddenly, both couples shouted in happiness which startled MinYoung.

 

“Oppa,” MinYoung leaned close to Nichkhun. “What’s happening?” she asked as she looked at their parents weirdly.

“I think they’re happy,” Nichkhun leaned in close as well.

“Very happy,” he added as he turned to look at MinYoung with a huge grin plastered on his face.

MinYoung blinked once, then she saw both of their fathers congratulating Nichkhun and both of their moms are hugging her tight.

“I’ll get us some wine,” Mr. Shin said as he disappeared into the kitchen.

“We have to start planning for your engagement party!” Mrs. Horvejkul squealed.

“P-party?” MinYoung turned to look at both moms.

“Well of course honey. Sooner or later, the public would know. It’s much appropriate if we do it the right way. We can even add the turning over of the company to you on your engagement party. We can have it next month instead,” Mrs. Shin tucked a strand of hair behind MinYoung’s ear.

“Then after that, we’ll start preparing for the wedding,” Mrs. Horvejkul clasped her hands together as she gazed at MinYoung adoringly.

“We can plan later. Let’s first make a toast for Nichkhun and MinYoung,” Mr. Shin came in with a bottle of wine on his hands and a maid following him with wine glasses. Everyone was handed one.

“To Nichkhun and MinYoung’s engagement: may the both of you stay happy as always,” Mr. Shin said softly. Everyone raised their glasses.

“Thank you, appa,” MinYoung said as she hugged her father.

“Thank you, sir, for you the blessing,” Nichkhun shook his hand.

“What’s with the ‘sir’? I’m your father now, son!” Mr. Shin said excitedly and hugged Nichkhun.

 

Everyone was happy chatting and planning away. However, MinYoung stood silently beside Nichkhun whose fingers were laced to hers.

 

“They’re happy. This is what’s best for me and WooYoung. No one will figure out about that one night.”

 

~●♥●~