Getting Jealous

It Started With A Mistake

 

~●♥●~

 

The next day, Nichkhun went to HaRin’s house to fetch her. They have both agreed to visit WooYoung and MinYoung.

 

“Good Morning!” HaRin greeted cheerfully once she stepped out of her house.

“Good Morning,” Nichkhun said. He helped her bring the things they both bought together for the baby.

“Do you think it would okay to visit them?” HaRin asked.

“I’m not sure, too. But we’ll find out once we get there,” he chuckled.

 

It wasn’t a far drive to the couple’s house. In less than 15 minutes, Nichkhun and HaRin were already standing by the couple’s door.

 

“Do you think we should have called?” Nichkhun asked.

“I think we should have called,” HaRin answered immediately.

“Well, we can’t call them now. We’re already here,” he said.

“Are they up for a surprise visit?” she wondered out loud.

“Maybe MinYoung is. She loves surprises,” he smiled as he remembered the surprises he had done for MinYoung before.

“I guess we should.. ring the bell.. now?” HaRin looked up at Nichkhun.

“Let’s go for it,” he said when he rang the doorbell twice.

 

No one answered the door. Nichkhun was about to ring the doorbell again when they heard the door being unlocked.

“Yes?” a maid slightly opened the door.

“We’re here to visit the couple,” HaRin said. The maid opened the door widely and let the both of them enter. She led them to the living room.

“Please wait here for a while. I’ll tell them you’re here,” she excused herself to call MinYoung and WooYoung.

 

“This is one huge place,” HaRin whispered as she looked around.

“I know,” Nichkhun agreed.

 

“Oppa? Dongsaeng?”

 

Both Nichkhun and HaRin turned around. They saw MinYoung coming down from the stairs with the help of WooYoung.

 

“He’s starting to be a husband and a father,” HaRin thought. She and Nichkhun went to the foot of the stairs. At the last step, MinYoung hugged HaRin. She turned to Nichkhun and hugged him tightly again. WooYoung stood behind MinYoung and just gave HaRin a tight smile.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” MinYoung asked once she let go of Nichkhun.

“We’re here to visit you guys and the baby,” HaRin said. She showed the couple the things she and Nichkhun bought.

“Aww. You guys, you shouldn’t have,” MinYoung was deeply touched.

“’Thank You’ would be enough,” Nichkhun joke.

“Thanks, man,” WooYoung said and did some secret handshake with Nichkhun.

“No problem,” Nichkhun patted WooYoung’s shoulder.

 

WooYoung called two of their maids to bring the gifts to the baby’s room while MinYoung went to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for them.

 

“Let’s go to the garden,” he said. HaRin and Nichkhun followed him.

“Hey dude, can I use your wash room for a while?” Nichkhun asked.

“Sure, just turn to right. It’s the first door,” WooYoung said.

“Thanks. I’ll just find my way to the garden,” Nichkhun said before disappearing.

WooYoung quietly led HaRin to the garden.

 

“Wow. It’s beautiful out here, Mr. President” HaRin said once they stepped out into the garden.

“Please don’t call me that,” he said.

“What should I call you, then?” she looked at him with a blank expression.

 “You can still call me ‘WooYoung’ or ‘WooYoung oppa’?” he said.

“I no longer have the right to call you that,” she said. WooYoung let out a heavy sigh.

“I thought we had a proper closure?” he asked.

“We did,” she immediately answered.

“Then why can’t you call me by my first name instead?” he asked.

“I’m just placing myself properly. You are, after all, the husband of the president of Shin Corporation,” she looked away.

“But that doesn’t change the fact that I can still be your friend,” he said. HaRin looked back at him.

“That wouldn’t be good,” she said.

“Why?” he asked.

“Look at it this way. If you let me call you ‘Mr. President’, it would be easy for me to forget the pain you once have given me,” she gave him a sweet smile. “I’m not doing this for myself. I’m doing this for you and unnie,” she added. WooYoung looked away.

“I’ll tell you this only once and I hope you don’t forget this,” he began. She waited patiently for him to say it.

“I have married someone else but you’ll always hold a special space in my heart,” he said.

 

“He still loves her,” MinYoung thought. She was about to bring out the snacks when she noticed WooYoung and HaRin were having a serious conversation so, she tried to eavesdrop.

“I’m so stupid! I shouldn’t have listened to them. I didn’t then I wouldn’t have to feel this way,” she thought sadly as she quietly left and went back to the kitchen.

 

“Could you do me a favor?” HaRin asked.

“Anything,” WooYoung said.

“That space in your heart, please give it to unnie and her baby instead. They need it more than I do,” she said.

“That’s one hard favor to do,” he chuckled.

“I’m serious. There’s no use if you leave a little space for me,” she said.

“I can’t promise you that,” he said. HaRin giggled.

“I’m not asking you to promise me. I’m asking you to do it for me,” she said. WooYoung slowly nodded.

 

Meanwhile, Nichkhun was having trouble finding his way to the garden. As he tried to figure out his way, he heard soft sobs. So, he followed the sound which led him the kitchen. There, he saw MinYoung with her back facing him and he elbows shook.

 

“Why is she crying?” he wondered.

 

“MinYoung-ah?” he called.

“Nichkhun oppa?” MinYoung turned around and she saw Nichkhun standing by the kitchen door.

“Hey, why are you crying?” he asked as he quickly strides to MinYoung side. He carefully cupped her face between his hands and wiped her tears with his thumb. MinYoung shook her head as she refused to answer his question.

“Come on, tell me. You know you can always tell me anything,” he said.

“I-I th-thought th-that WooYoung’s already be-being sincere bu-but he’s n-not,” she sobbed.

“What? What do you mean?” he asked, confused.

“I thought I can trust him now. And that he wouldn’t hurt me anymore. But he did!” she wailed.

“Aren’t you guys getting along now?” he asked.

“We are. But then I overheard his conversation with dongsaeng by the garden a while ago,” she said. Nichkhun looked at her, waiting for her to finish.

“He still loves dongsaeng,” she cried even more. Nichkhun pulled MinYoung towards him and hugged her tightly.

“Sssshhh. Don’t cry,” he rubbed her back.

“How am I not going to cry when I know that my husband is still in love with his ex-girlfriend, my best friend?” she asked him.

“Then how am I not going to feel bad when someone very special to me is crying her eyes out because I let her marry someone who’s not me?” he asked. That made MinYoung stop crying. She looked up at him.

“What did you say?” she asked him.

“You’ll always be someone very special to me, MinYoung-ah,” he said as he kissed her forehead. MinYoung smiled.

“Thanks, oppa,” she said. Nichkhun pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly again.

 

They didn’t know that WooYoung and HaRin were about to enter the kitchen when they saw Nichkhun kiss MinYoung’s forehead.

 

“What’s going on in here?” WooYoung furiously asked.

“Calm down,” HaRin whispered at him.

 

~●♥●~