Proposal

It Started With A Mistake

 

목숨을 건다 - 2PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiErIQjrQY

 

~●♥●~

 

It has almost been a week since MinYoung came back from Jeju and next week, her father will be handling over to her the company. She’s been working over time in her office and spent less time with Nichkhun. Nichkhun felt that MinYoung has been distant lately. Too distant.

 

“I don’t know what to do,” Nichkhun ran his hand through his hair while he confessed his worries to WooYoung at coffee break.

“What do you mean?” WooYoung sipped some of his coffee. He was trying to be as normal as he can.

“I have a feeling that she’ll give up on me sooner or later,” Nichkhun said softly.

“What made you think that that would happen?” WooYoung asked.

“I don’t know. It’s just that I think she’s hiding something from me,” Nichkhun said, frustrated.

WooYoung accidentally spat out his coffee. Nichkhun jumped back.

“You okay, man?” Nichkhun asked while he handed him some tissue.

WooYoung nodded as he wiped off the coffee from his lips.

“As I was saying, she’s been secretive lately,” Nichkhun continued.

 

“I can’t tell you to ask her what she’s been hiding. It’s pretty obvious what it is,” WooYoung thought.

 

“So what are you planning to do?” he asked as he placed down his cup.

“I don’t know. But I know that I don’t want to lose her. Ever,” Nichkhun said seriously.

“Then propose to her now,” WooYoung said.

“How would I propose to her if she’s like that?!” Nichkhun asked.

“Maybe-maybe she’s tired of-of waiting and thinks that-that you don’t plan on-on marrying her,” WooYoung made up an excuse.

“You think she’s thinking of that?” Nichkhun asked slowly.

“There’s a possibility,” WooYoung shrugged his shoulders.

“I think you’re right. Maybe I should ask her now!” Nichkhun smiled.

“You mean now as in RIGHT NOW?!” WooYoung asked in shock.

“Why not?” Nichkhun started walking backwards, “I’m going to her right now and ask her,” and he sped off.

“Nichkhun! We still have work!” WooYoung shouted.

“I’ll do it after I propose to her!” Nichkhun shouted back before he entered the elevator.

 

“Did I give him the right advice?” WooYoung thought.

But for some reasons, he feels like he has given the wrong advice.

“It’s better for the both of us,” he turned around and went back to his office.

 

Meanwhile, Nichkhun carelessly parked his car in front of the mal and ran inside to find a jewelry shop. There, he chose a ring that he has been eyeing months ago: http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/64/7/AAAAAj6J1HQAAAAAAGR9aA.jpg

 

“Will you be giving this to your girlfriend?” the sales clerk asked as he placed the ring in a red velvet box.

“No, I’m not just giving it,” Nichkhun smiled.

“I’ll be proposing to her,” he added as he handed him his gold credit card.

“Oh! Well, good luck! I hope she says ‘yes’,” the clerk said as he gave Nichkhun the bag.

Nichkhun smiled and he ran back to his car. He placed the small bag beside him and gazed at it.

 

“I hope she says ‘yes’,” Nichkhun thought.

He took out his phone from his pocket and dialed MinYoung’s number. It took a while before MinYoung answered her phone.

“Hi babe! Please meet me at the park. I love you!” he said in a hurry and hanged up.

 

“What’s wrong with this boy??” MinYoung looked clueless at her phone.

MinYoung didn’t want to go but she felt like she needed to. She’s been avoiding Nichkhun too much and she thinks that it’s time to see him. So, MinYoung grabbed her bag and went out of her office.

“I’ll be out for a while,” MinYoung told HaRin.

“Where to?” HaRin asked.

“Nichkhun oppa called. He suddenly wanted to meet up,” MinYoung smiled.

“Ohh~ Alright,” HaRin teased. MinYoung giggled.

“See you later,” MinYoung walked away.

Somehow, she’s excited to see her boyfriend.

 

MinYoung arrived at the park and she tried to look for Nichkhun. It was already late in the afternoon and there were plenty of children playing at the park. MinYoung wandered around.

“Where on earth is he??” MinYoung asked herself.

As if God immediately sent an answer, she saw Nichkhun’s back figure. He was leaning on the railing that overlooked the lake. A small smile appeared on MinYoung’s lips. Underneath all those guilt that she’s been feeling, she somehow misses being around him. Nichkhun turned around and he immediately spotted MinYoung. A big smile plastered on his face. She gave a small wave and he waved at her to come over. MinYoung followed. As soon as she stood in front of him, Nichkhun gave MinYoung a tight hug. She couldn’t help but to hug back, too.

“God, I missed you,” Nichkhun whispered as he buried his face on MinYoung’s neck. He missed that vanilla scent that she always wore.

“I miss-I missed you, too. So much,” MinYoung sounded if she was about to cry but she held back her tears.

“Sorry if I suddenly called you out. I wanted to see you so bad,” Nichkhun pouted.

“It’s okay. I wanted to see you anyway. Besides, I should be the one who should be sorry. I kept on declining you,” MinYoung bowed her head in shame. Nichkhun pulled her into a tight hug.

“Aigoo. It’s alright. I understand you. It’s not easy to prepare for becoming the next president of Shin Corporation – having all the pressure on you,” he rocked her side to side.

Then, he pulled back and lifted MinYoung’s chin with his finger so she was looking at him.

“I called you here for a reason,” he said seriously.

 

“Oh my. Is he-is he going to break up with me? Now? Did he found out already?” MinYoung panicked.

 

Suddenly, MinYoung jumped when she felt Nichkhun’s hand slide down from her arm to her hands and held it close to his chest.

“Do you-do you remember, back in college, when I brought you here?” Nichkhun asked as he peeked through his bangs. MinYoung’s eyes lit up at the memory.

“The first time was when you asked me to be your girlfriend. Then the next one was on our first anniversary,” they both smiled sweetly as they remembered those special days.

“And I told you that I want to be the guy who you would love forever, who would love you forever?” he asked as he stepped closer to her, still holding her hand.

“The guy who I would want to spend the rest of my life with,” MinYoung finished for him. Nichkhun chuckled at how MinYoung still remembered what he said four years ago.

“And I want to live up to that promise now,” he said seriously as he looked deep into her eyes. MinYoung became confused.

“I want you to be the girl who I want to love forever, the girl who would love me forever, and the girl who I want to spend the rest of my life with,” Nichkhun said slowly.

MinYoung was starting to understand what Nichkhun was trying to say. At the same time, Nichkhun fished the box on his pocket and revealed the box to MinYoung. He knelt before her and opened the box revealing the ring.

“4 years ago, I told you that I love you and I asked if you love me, too, and you said yes. 4 years ago, I asked you to be my girlfriend and you said yes. 4 years later, now, I want to tell you that I love you so much that I’m ready to spend the rest of my life with you,” Nichkhun was trying to put on a confident smile but deep inside of him, he wasn’t.

“And now, I want to ask you. Are you ready? To spend the rest of your life with me?” he asked.

MinYoung cried as he doesn’t know what to do. She WAS ready, she’s just unsure now.

“Baby?” Nichkhun called.

“Are you?” he asked.

“Y-yes,” MinYoung answered softly and immediately bowed her head in shame. She wanted to say “no” and confess to Nichkhun but she couldn’t afford to hurt him. She loved him so much. Nichkhun took the ring from the box and held it cup to MinYoung.

“Then I want to ask you,” Nichkhun had a hopeful smile, “will you marry me?” he asked softly.

 

The images of the night that MinYoung had with WooYoung suddenly appeared in her mind, making her confuse on what to do.

“I-I-“ she tried to speak.

“Please say ‘yes’ baby,” he whispered but enough for MinYoung to hear.

“Is that what you really want?” MinYoung asked.

“I’m positive,” he nodded. MinYoung took a deep breath.

“Y-y-yes,” she stuttered. Nichkhun smiled.

Hearing her say “yes” was like sweet melody to his ears.

Nichkhun slipped on the ring to MinYoung’s finger which fits perfectly to her. Nichkhun then stood up and hugged MinYoung. Then, he pulled back, still holding her in his arms.

“Thank you,” he said. MinYoung smiled. It was the only thing she thought she could do just to make the man that she loves, happy.

 

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you, too,” she said softly.

 

Nichkhun leaned in and softly kissed MinYoung, waiting for her to kiss him back. As if her lips longed for Nichkhun’s, MinYoung responded back and Nichkhun let out all of his passion and desire.

 

What’s supposed to be a happy moment for MinYoung became a moment full of guilt and regret. A tear slowly trickled down on her cheek.

 

~●♥●~