What's The Rush?

It Started With A Mistake

 

나를 바라봐 박홍

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L46wtAsW9oM

 

~●♥●~

 

The Shins had just finished their dinner at the Jang’s residence and they’re already on their way home.

 

“Appa, when will I be taking my trip to Jeju Island?” MinYoung asked her father who was sitting on the other end of the car.

“Anytime you want, princess,” Mr. Shin told her.

“Can I go there this weekend then?” she asked. Both of her parents looked at her.

“What the rush, honey?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“I just feel stressed out right now and I really think I need that vacation,” she smiled weakly, “can I appa?” she turned to her father.

“Sure, how long are you planning on staying there?” he asked her.

“Can I stay there for two weeks?” she said softly as she slightly raised two fingers. She was hesitant to ask for two weeks of leave from the office seems she thinks it was too much.

“Are you sure you only want two weeks?” he asked.

“Yes, appa. I think two weeks is enough for me,” she assured him.

“Alright then. I’m sure your best friend can handle everything while you’re away,” Mr. Shin agreed.

“You’re leaving this weekend? That’ll be the day after tomorrow, right?” Mrs. Shin asked. MinYoung nodded.

“Then, you’ll have to pack up tomorrow,” Mrs. Shin said.

“Okay,” MinYoung nodded.

 

As soon as they reached home, MinYoung excused herself and went straight to her room to wash up. After washing up and changing into comfortable PJs, MinYoung tied her hair into a high ponytail and sat on her bed. She wasn’t really tired to go to sleep so she opened a drawer next to her bed and took out a box from the far end of the drawer. The box contained pictures of her and WooYoung when they were still, well, considered themselves as friends. They often took pictures of themselves and every picture has its own story. When she took every picture out, she saw a small pouch that was very familiar to her, underneath that pile of photos. She hesitantly took it out and touched the surface of the box. Suddenly, there was a soft knock on the door.

 

“Just a minute,” MinYoung immediately placed the small pouch back to the box and gathered all the pictures back inside. She then placed the box back on the far end of the drawer and then shut it and immediately went under the covers.

 

“Are you already asleep, honey?” Mrs. Shin asked softly as she poked her head inside.

“No, umma. I just got into bed,” MinYoung sat up.

“Mind if I get in?” her mother asked.

“Not at all. Come in,” MinYoung said. Mrs. Shin went in and sat at the end of her bed.

“Is there something you need?” she asked her mother.

“I just want to ask you something,” she said.

“What is it?” MinYoung asked.

“Did you just broke-up with Nichkhun?” Mrs. Shin asked slowly. MinYoung’s eyes widened.

“No, umma! Where did you get that?” she asked in shock.

“I’m sorry! You seemed like you just did. Hurt was written all over your face the whole night,” Mrs. Shin told MinYoung her observations. MinYoung let out a sigh.

“Umma, Nichkhun oppa and I are still together,” she chuckled.

“Sorry, baby. I really thought you just did. You may not tell me but I know when something’s wrong,” Mrs. Shin said.

“How do you know?” MinYoung tilted her head to the side.

“Mother’s intuition,” her mother shrugged her shoulders. MinYoung chuckled.

“I’m fine, umma. You have nothing to worry about me going to Jeju early. I just want to go on an early vacation,” MinYoung tried to convince her mother.

“Alright,” Mrs. Shin stood up from the bed, “but if there’s anything the matter, don’t hesitate to tell me, alright?” Mrs. Shin said as she stood by the door. MinYoung nodded.

“Good night, honey. Sweet dreams,” Mrs. Shin said.

“You, too, umma,” MinYoung smiled.

 

When the door was closed, MinYoung laid back down to her bed.

 

“I guess no matter how happy I really am, people will still see a sad glimpse on me,” MinYoung sighed heavily then closed her eyes and tried to go to sleep.

 

Flashback

 

“No matter how happy you really are, you can’t hide the pain. The more you suppress it inside of you, the sooner it will explode which will hurt you even more,” GeunSuk said as he hugged MinYoung tight at their gazebo.

 

“Soon, you’ll have to have a proper closure with your past feelings for him. And hopefully, the both of you will be able to regain what you guys had before,” GeunSuk then kissed the top of MinYoung’s head.

 

End of Flashback

 

~●♥●~