Tear

It Started With A Mistake

 

소문났어요 – G.Na

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kVhZZGqo5o&feature=related

 

~●♥●~

 

Ten minutes left.

 

MinYoung was sitting in front of her vanity, already dressed up for her wedding. MinYoung intently gazed at herself by the mirror and noticed that she’s beginning to gain weight. She’s already three months pregnant and ever since she was discharged from the hospital, EVERYONE began to stuff her up with food.

 

“I’m getting married,” she thought sadly.

“I should’ve been married to Nichkhun oppa if not for this,” she placed a hand on her now grown stomach.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when MinYoung’s mother placed both hands on her shoulder. MinYoung looked up at the mirror and saw her mom smiling at her.

 

“Yes, umma?” she asked.

“Are you ready?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“Somehow,” MinYoung smiled weakly.

“Well, it’s almost time. We’ll wait outside,” Mrs. Shin told her. MinYoung nodded. Mrs. Shin gave her a little more time and left the room. HaRin entered when MinYoung stood up from her vanity chair.

“Dongsaeng-ah, what are you still doing here?” she asked HaRin.

“I just want to say, good luck and I hope you get to work things out with WooYoung oppa,” HaRin smiled weakly. MinYoung sadly bowed her head.

“Don’t be sad anymore,” HaRin rubbed MinYoung’s arm. When her unnie looked up, a tear rolled down.

“I’m really sorry, dongsaeng,” MinYoung apologized.

“Aigoo, unnie. You’ve said it a lot of times already,” HaRin said as she wiped the tear away and pulled MinYoung for a hug.

“But you haven’t said anything that I’m forgiven,” MinYoung said. HaRin froze. She pulled away and looked at MinYoung.

“I wasn’t really ready to forgive you then. But now, I’m ready to forgive and forget,” HaRin said.

“Forgiven and forgotten?” MinYoung asked as she held out her pinky. HaRin giggled and laced her pinky on MinYoung’s

“Forgiven and forgotten,” HaRin said. “Well, let’s get you married,” she added as she took MinYoung’s bouquet from the vanity and handed it to MinYoung.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“What’s taking her so long?”

 

WooYoung heard whispers from the guests while he stood in front of the altar. Then, the doors opened and the pianist began to play. Two flower girls showered the aisle with baby pink roses, followed by a little boy who brought the wedding rings. Then HaRin entered with a soft smile wearing: http://www.edressesplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Mermaid-Strapless-Dropped-Waist-Taffeta-Bridesmaid-Dress.png

WooYoung looked away when HaRin saw him looking at her. Once she has reached in front of the altar, the doors were closed once again. HaRin looked at WooYoung and nodded at him. He was about to respond back a nod when everyone stood up from their seats. The doors opened once again and MinYoung stood there wearing: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TDEfmLrBSLk/Tg0H6yeH9WI/AAAAAAAAFJc/cup_V40ULME/s1600/bridal+gowns+and+dresses_23.jpg

Slowly, MinYoung walked down the aisle.

 

Even behind the veil, she heard whispers from the guests about how bright MinYoung looked and how beautiful she was even though she’s pregnant. MinYoung gave small nods to everyone as she passed by. When she turned to look in front, she saw WooYoung looking good in a tux: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-muHapnZlzRA/TlNa6zsy6tI/AAAAAAAAAU0/hmKR4SAFvF0/s1600/2pm.LG.ZA06.wooyoung.jpg

 

But what caught her attention the most is the best man, Nichkhun, who stood handsomely beside WooYoung: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ACws_xd1TB8/TlNa6FgRFlI/AAAAAAAAAUs/fqMJau_ZK5w/s1600/2pm.LG.ZA04.nichkhun.jpg

 

“He IS the best man,” MinYoung thought regretfully.

 

Halfway through the aisle, her eyes were glued at Nichkhun. MinYoung has talked to Nichkhun only once after she got discharged from the hospital. She has so much to say that she wasn’t able to tell him before. MinYoung wished that she would be given another chance to say everything to him.

 

MinYoung was brought back to reality when she noticed WooYoung offering his arm. She turned to look at Nichkhun again and he gave a small nod as if to say “go ahead”. Reluctantly, MinYoung slipped her hand on his arm and went in front of the priest. Everyone sat down and the priest started the wedding ceremony.

 

“Do you, Jang WooYoung, take Shin MinYoung to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, ‘till deaths do you part?” the priest asked. WooYoung turned to look at MinYoung.

“I do,” he answered softly.

“And do you, Shin MinYoung, take Jang WooYoung to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, ‘till deaths do you part?” the priest asked MinYoung. This time, MinYoung looked at WooYoung.

 

“Just think of this way, MinYoung-ssi: this wedding, we’re not doing this for us but for the baby. We know that baby will need a home and a family. We’re just being responsible. That’s all. We don’t need to fall in love. Let’s just save that for the baby.”

 

WooYoung’s words repeated in MinYoung’s mind. She looked intently at WooYoung’s eyes and it showed sincerity.

 

“We don’t need to fall in love,” she thought. Then, she began to open .

 

“I do,” she answered. After, WooYoung and MinYoung exchanged their rings.

 

“I now pronounce you as husband and wife,” the priest said cheerfully, raising both of his arms. He smiled at WooYoung and said, “You may kiss your bride.”

Slowly, WooYoung lifted the veil and he got to see how beautiful MinYoung was on their wedding. He looked back to the priest again. “Go on,” the priest persisted.

 

WooYoung turned to MinYoung and placed both of his hands on her waist and he began to lean in. MinYoung closed her eyes and just waited for WooYoung to kiss her. She then felt something soft on her lips and she knew that WooYoung has kissed her but MinYoung remained unmoved. The guests clapped but WooYoung wasn’t pulling back.

 

“Please let go,” MinYoung prayed but WooYoung still had his lips on hers.

 

Suddenly, WooYoung felt something wet has landed on his cheek.

“Am I crying?” he asked himself. He pulled back and saw that MinYoung still had her eyes closed but her cheek was stained. She was trying to stop herself from crying harder.

 

“It’s her tear,” he looked pitiful at MinYoung.

 

~●♥●~