Forgive Me

It Started With A Mistake

 

폭풍 (Storm) – Super Junior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHmWz9XEXLE

 

~●♥●~

 

“What did you just say?” Mr. Shin asked.

 

It already has been half a month since MinYoung and Nichkhun told everyone that the engagement was off. Now, MinYoung is sitting in front of her parents with WooYoung sitting beside her.

 

“We are getting married, sir,” WooYoung said. MinYoung sat weakly beside him.

“You dumped Nichkhun to be with WooYoung? Why did you even said ‘yes’ to Nichkhun if you wanted to marry WooYoung?” Mr. Shin asked in confusion. MinYoung looked up with her swollen eyes.

“I wanted to marry Nichkhun oppa. But I’m-I’m pregnant with WooYoung’s baby,” she revealed to her parents.

“WHAT?!” MinYoung’s parents’ eyes widened in shock.

“When did this happen?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“Please let us explain. It all started when I followed her in Jeju. We weren’t really in good terms like what we used to be so I thought that since we’ll be far away from everyone, we can get to sort things out and we did. Unfortunately, we got ourselves drunk and things happened,” WooYoung explained in one breath. MinYoung’s parents were speechless.

“I’m so sorry, appa, umma,” MinYoung stood up and hugged her parents.

 

Surprisingly, her parents hugged her and looked daggers at WooYoung.

“This is both your responsibility and I want you to take part of it,” Mr. Shin spoke sternly as he pointed at WooYoung.

“I already have,” he informed Mr. Shin, “I just stopped her from getting rid of the baby and I’m willing to take my responsibilities for both MinYoung and the baby,” WooYoung stood up confidently from his seat.

“You planned on abortion, honey?” Mrs. Shin asked as she was already crying in pity for her daughter. MinYoung nodded.

 

“Then marry my daughter,” Mr. Shin challenged.

“Honey..” Mrs. Shin shook her husband’s arm

“I will,” WooYoung immediately answered.

“I can’t,” MinYoung spoke.

“I can’t let you be a single a parent. If he’s really a man then he’ll take full responsibility of you and the baby,” Mr. Shin told her.

“I’m willing to do it, sir,” WooYoung interrupted. MinYoung looked at him like she was about to kill him.

“First, you wouldn’t let me get rid of the baby and now you want me to get tied to you! What’s next WooYoung?! You and I both know that our marriage will not work and it will not last!” MinYoung shouted at WooYoung.

 

Then, MinYoung clutched her stomach.

“Aw!” MinYoung grunted. She held on to the couch for support.

“What’s wrong?” WooYoung worriedly asked.

“It hurts. My stomach hurts,” she said in gritted teeth. Suddenly, Mrs. Shin let out a scream.

“What is it?!” Mr. Shin turned to his wife.

“MinYoung’s bleeding!” Mrs. Shin pointed at MinYoung legs where blood was dripping down on her legs. “Let’s take her to the hospital now!” Mrs. Shin was in panic.

 

Without waiting any longer, WooYoung carried MinYoung to his car while MinYoung’s parents followed them to the hospital.

 

As soon as they arrived, nurses began to assist MinYoung and brought her to the emergency room. MinYoung’s parents and WooYoung can hear her cry in pain. Mrs. Shin cried while Mr. Shin tried to comfort her.

“She’ll be alright. She’ll be alright,” Mr. Shin said as he side-hugged Mrs. Shin. WooYoung sat on the bleachers and called his parents to come to the hospital.

 

After almost an hour, MinYoung’s doctor, Dr. Park, came out of the emergency room. MinYoung’s parents, WooYoung’s parents and WooYoung immediately stood up from the bleachers.

“Hi, I’m Dr. Park,” she introduced herself to both parents.

“Dr. Park, how is out daughter?” Mrs. Shin asked in the verge of crying again.

“You daughter is fine, for now, as well as the baby. The bleeding was caused by too much stress, and most especially, lack of food and water in her body. Ms. Shin’s pregnancy is in a critical condition but if she’s taken care of then the mother and the baby will be safe,” Dr. Park informed everyone.

“Can we see her now?” Mrs. Shin asked.

“Yes but not everyone can come in. She’s allowed to have two visitors at a time,” Dr. Park informed her.

“We think you should see her first,” Mrs. Jang told the couple. They all went to MinYoung’s room and her parents entered first.

 

“She’s sleeping but you can talk to her,” Dr. Park said before she left them alone to talk to WooYoung.

 

Slowly, Mr. and Mrs. Shin slowly walked to MinYoung’s bed.

“Baby?” Mrs. Shin called. MinYoung slowly opened her eyes.

“Wha-what happened?” MinYoung asked.

“You almost lost the baby, honey,” Mrs. Shin asked.

“I-I-I did?” she got worried.

“Your doctor said it was caused by too much stress and you haven’t been eating well,” Mrs. Shin held her hand.

“I almost lost the baby,” MinYoung repeated softly. She turned to her parents.

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” she kept on repeating softly as she cried to her parents.

“I didn’t really want this to happen. I didn’t want to have a baby,” she apologized more.

“Shh,” Mrs. Shin quieted her.

“We don’t want the baby to hear that from her own mother,” she reminded her.

“Appa?” MinYoung called her father. He turned to look at her with sad eyes.

“Please forgive me?” she pleaded.

“Honey, I’m not mad. It’s just that, I couldn’t imagine how this all happened,” Mr. Shin said.

“I NEVER imagined this to happen,” she emphasized the word ‘never’.

“It’s already here, honey. The best thing that we can do is to get WooYoung marry you. I don’t want my grandchild to grow up without a father,” Mr. Shin touched her hair.

“But I don’t want to marry him,” MinYoung whined.

“Just do it for the baby, honey. It’s what’s best,” Mrs. Shin also tried to convince her daughter.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“Mr. Jang, can I have a word with you?” Dr. Park asked WooYoung as he was sitting beside his parents.

“We don’t have to do it privately, right. These are my parents,” WooYoung informed Dr. Park.

“No need. I just want to let you know that Ms. Shin should take a lot of rest, take her vitamins once a day, eat healthily and of she ever has any cravings, please attend to that.,” Dr. Park said and WooYoung kept on nodding.

“If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to tell me or else she’ll have a very hard time with her pregnancy,” she added.

“Don’t worry. I’ll do that,” WooYoung said and then Dr. Park excused herself to take her rounds. But WooYoung stopped her.

“Dr. Park,” he called and she turned around.

“Yes?”

“Please change MinYoung’s surname to ‘Jang’.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“MinYoung’s what?!”

 

WooYoung has just called Nichkhun to inform him that she was in the hospital.

 

“I’ll be there,” Nichkhun said before he hanged up. Although they have broken up, MinYoung was still important to him.

“HaRin should know about this,” Nichkhun told himself as he dialed HaRin’s number while he speedily drove his way to the hospital. With three rings, HaRin answered.

“Oppa? What made you call?” HaRin questioned.

“MinYoung. She’s in the hospital right now. She almost lost the baby,” Nichkhun said, worried.

“What?! She tried to get rid of the baby?!” she asked in surprise.

“No, that’s not it,” Nichkhun said as he gritted his teeth. He was mad. Mad at WooYoung for not taking care of MinYoung.

“I’m going to the hospital now,” he can hear HaRin shuffling some papers.

“I’m on my way there now. I’ll pick you up,” he said. Nichkhun made a sharp turn to Shin Corporation before going to the hospital.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Mr. Shin had a tray of coffee in hand that he bought by the hospital’s cafeteria. WooYoung’s parents were inside talking to MinYoung. Mr. Shin gave his wife a cup of coffee and so as WooYoung. Then, MinYoung’s door opened. Mr. and Mrs. Jang have just come out.

 

“WooYoung-ah. I think you should have a word with her,” Mrs. Jang suggested. Mr. and Mrs. Shin expectantly looked at him. Having no choice, WooYoung stood up from the bleachers and was about to go inside when he saw Nichkhun, accompanied by HaRin, coming out of the elevator. Nichkhun immediately spotted everyone and him and HaRin rushed over to them.

“How’s unnie doing, auntie?” HaRin asked Mrs. Shin.

“She’s fine already. She can only have two visitors at a time. If you want, you can accompany WooYoung inside,” Mrs. Shin suggested. HaRin looked at WooYoung who was standing by the door. HaRin looked blankly at him. WooYoung backed away from the door.

“You can go in first,” he opened the door for her and stepped father away. HaRin slowly went inside. MinYoung turned to look by the door and was surprised to see her best friend. HaRin gently closed the door and slowly went near by MinYoung’s bed.

 

“HaRin-ah,” MinYoung said softly.

 

Once HaRin closed the door, Nichkhun approached WooYoung.

“May I have a word with you?” Nichkhun said in a low voice.

The both of them excused themselves from the elders. They turned right to have a private talk.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“How are you doing?” HaRin asked softly as she sat on the chair beside MinYoung’s bed.

“I’m fine. I think,” MinYoung chuckled but then she stopped.

“Listen HaRin..” MinYoung was about to start explaining but HaRin interrupted her.

“I don’t need to hear it, unnie,” she said, “It would be useless if you’ll keep on explaining and I’ll keep on listening. WooYoung oppa and I are over,” HaRin looked down on her lap.

“But..” MinYoung was about to talk again but HaRin gave her a don’t-be-stubborn look. MinYoung remained silent.

“You got me worried when I learned that you almost lost the baby,” HaRin shook her head.

“You were?” MinYoung asked surprise. HaRin nodded. Deep inside, MinYoung was happy that HaRin still cared for her.

“It’s all over the news now that you’re getting married to WooYoung oppa,” she updated MinYoung.

“That fast?! But he just said it a while ago,” MinYoung couldn’t believe her ears.

“He already said it in an interview that he had when you and Nichkhun oppa cancelled the wedding,” HaRin said.

“He said everything. He even requested everyone to not bash you with harsh words as you are pregnant and that it might affect the baby. He also said that the baby may not be a fruit of love but he will take care of the baby,” she added.

“I can’t believe it,” MinYoung looked up to the ceiling. She never expected WooYoung to say that. But then, she heard HaRin sniffle. MinYoung held her dongsaeng’s hand.

“I’m fine,” HaRin furiously wiped her tears.

“Dongsaeng-ah, please forgive me?” MinYoung pleaded, tears started to come out.

“All’s forgiven, unnie. It already happened,” HaRin said as she wiped MinYoung tears for her. MinYoung smiled gratefully at her.

“So, when’s the wedding?” she tried to sound cheerful but deep inside, she was in great pain.

“I have no idea and I have no plan on participating on it,” MinYoung had her eyebrows knitted together.

“You’re still as stubborn as ever. I hope your baby won’t get that from you,” HaRin joked. MinYoung frowned. But after a second, they both laughed.

“But whatever happens, you’ll still be my maid of honor, right?” MinYoung asked. HaRin was hesitant to answer at first but eventually, she nodded.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

WooYoung was leaning silently on the wall while Nichkhun leaned on the wall across from WooYoung.

“Are you that serious?” Nichkhun suddenly asked.

“About what?”

“Marrying MinYoung?” Nichkhun seriously looked at him.

“What made you think that I’m taking this as a joke?” WooYoung asked. Nichkhun shook his head.

“I just want to make sure that you’re not joking about this because MinYoung’s someone who should be taken seriously,” Nichkhun told him.

“Nichkhun-ah, I know you really love MinYoung but please understand that what I’m doing here is what’s right. I don’t want the baby to grow up without a father,” WooYoung said softly.

“But I could’ve been the father,” Nichkhun fought. WooYoung gave him a dumbfounded look.

“The day when I stormed into your office and punched you, I went home after and I kind of lost control of my anger and threw things around. I then realized that I can’t lose MinYoung. I was about to go to her that I’m no longer backing out from the engagement and that I’m willing to be the father instead of you,” Nichkhun said and took something out of his pocket: the ring he has given to MinYoung. “But then I saw this,” he showed WooYoung the ring, “on top of my night stand. MinYoung went to my house and returned this together with the spare key that I have given her,” Nichkhun fiddled with the ring. “I don’t need this anymore.”

 

Suddenly, Nichkhun tossed the ring to WooYoung who caught it.

“And I think you’ll need it more than I do now,” he said. WooYoung looked surprise.

“You’ll need it for MinYoung,” Nichkhun added. But then, WooYoung tossed the ring back to Nichkhun.

“You may not need it now but I think someday, you will,” WooYoung said.

“I don’t,” Nichkhun shook his head.

“You’ll find one,” WooYoung persisted.

“What about you? You don’t have any plans on giving MinYoung a proper proposal?” Nichkhun knitted his eyebrows together. WooYoung chuckled.

“Actually, I do have,” then, WooYoung took out a ring from his pocket that he bought just the other day: http://www.whiteflash.com/articlefiles/custom-tiffany-engagement-ring-style.jpg

 

Nichkhun shook his head at WooYoung’s preparedness.

“You never fail to surprise me, WooYoung,” Nichkhun chuckled.

“Well, this is me,” WooYoung bragged and they both laughed. They stopped laughing together when they noticed that they were already getting alone. WooYoung’s face turned serious.

“Hey, I’m really sorry. We never really wanted this to happen,” WooYoung apologized.

“But it already did. We can’t take it back,” Nichkhun shrugged his shoulders.

“Then if I’m already forgiven, could you be my best man?” WooYoung asked. Nichkhun thought for a while before speaking.

 

“On one condition,”

“I’m listening.”

“Please don’t hurt MinYoung.”

“Deal.” WooYoung said as he let out his hand. Nichkhun reached for WooYoung’s hand and firmly shook it to seal the deal.

 

~●♥●~