Cold Honeymoon

It Started With A Mistake

 

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung stood by their suite’s window that overlooked a beach:

She silently thanked WooYoung’s parents for not checking them in to the hotel where they stayed before.

 

“All of your bags are in here, sir,” the baggage guy said. WooYoung handed him a tip.

“Wine will be served in a few moments. Have a wonderful honeymoon,” the baggage guy told them. MinYoung breathed in before turning around to get fresh clothes from her bag.

“I think you should go on and rest. Drinking wine wouldn’t be good for the baby,” WooYoung said.

“Don’t worry. I wasn’t planning on drinking anyways,” MinYoung said when she zipped her bag shut and walked pass him to change by the bathroom.

 

“This’ll be a long night,” WooYoung thought.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. WooYoung opened it to find the hotel’s waiter holding up one bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses on the other hand.

 

“It’s a gift from the hotel’s manager. Enjoy,” the waiter handed WooYoung the champagne and glasses.

“Thanks,” he said before the waiter left.

 

Once WooYoung has closed the door, MinYoung came out of the bathroom wearing pajamas:

She sat by the vanity and removed her make-up and combed her hair. All the while, WooYoung eyed her carefully but she just ignored him. Soon, she stood up from her vanity and began to fix her side of the bed.

 

“Hey,” WooYoung called MinYoung’s attention. She stopped fluffing up her pillows and looked blankly at him.

“What?” she asked blankly.

“Want to get some fresh air for a while,” he nodded his head towards their suite’s balcony. MinYoung looked at that direction.

“It’s breezy outside. I might catch a cold. It’s not good for the baby,” she said as she tucked herself under the blanket, leaving a space on the bed. WooYoung was thanking her silently for not asking him to sleep by the floor or on the couch.

 

WooYoung was taking out his fresh set of clothes from his bag when MinYoung sat up.

“WooYoung-ssi,” she called. WooYoung turned around to look at her.

“What is it?” he asked softly.

“I don’t want you to sleep here on the bed. Let me be alone,” she said. WooYoung bowed his head.

“Fine,” he grumbled as he irritably zipped his bag. MinYoung lay back down on the bed.

 

“This honeymoon could not get any colder,” WooYoung thought as he locked himself inside the bathroom.

 

~●♥●~