Running Away

Will I Be With You ?

 

In the class, the bell had rung, Junhyung almost came late but he made it to class at the same time the teacher was about to open the door. He grabbed his seat and put his bag down.

Yoseob and Doojoon waved him. He smirked back.

“Alright, good morning,” the teacher greeted,” unfortunately, Hyuna has transferred school.”

Everybody was puzzled except Junhyung’s reaction was flat, he took out his school books while his beast groups started staring at him and they were shocked more with his calmness. The other students turned their heads to Junhyung too.

“Where does she move, teacher?” asked Tiffany.

“Unfortunately, there’s no information about that but it’s more family matter.”

Seohyun asked Junhyung,” do you know where she moves? Why it’s so sudden?”

Junhyung, who was not suspecting question, jumped from his seat a little but he managed his coolness and replied,” you heard the teacher right? It’s… something, and please stop staring at me.”

“Alright, alright, let’s continue with the lesson.”

Junhyung’s friends kept asking him nonstop during lunch time, so he kept avoiding them and headed to the rooftop. He just watched the school field, sky, and then he started to focus on the students’ smoking in the back yard; powerful students bullied the weak one area.

‘Junhyung-ah’ Hyuna’s voice called him.

He took out his i-touch and listened to avenged sevenfold- afterlife, his current favourite song while lying down on the wooden seat. After the song was over, the next song was dream fragmented by Yasunori Matsuda, he again took off his earphone and calmed himself.

‘Damn shuffle, I need to go to class now.’

After class dismissed, Junhyung was gone like a ninja, his friend even didn’t know he already left the class.

I’m cool with this actually, she’s gone… that’s a good thing right? She’s trying to find her better self and I start to fall in love with her. The timing is right, I should be happy for two of us… I hope she would do great. I bet she’s at the hotel right now, sleeping like a pig.

The next day,

Another talk about Hyuna…

Those girls are never that close with Hyuna, now they are telling me how much they miss her and feel sad that she’s not contacting them.

What the hell with my friend, especially Yoseob, he keeps asking me how I feel and stuff. I told them that I know about her leaving.

Yoseob asked me when Hyuna would come back, now I keep wondering that question.

The third day,

Junhyung decided to skip school and stayed at home. While parents were out of country, Nari was at kindergarten, he was doing treadmill in the gym but he got bored so fast, he decided to swim.  Again, while swimming, he started to reassure himself that he was fine with the current situation and he should be excited for the next week Europe plan. He swam for almost an hour because of reassuring himself, he didn’t realize that Sandara was at the side of the pool, looking at him.

He decided to stop when he felt out of breath after nonstop swimming. When he got up, Sandara approached him with a towel.

“Sandara-unnie,” Junhyung greeted her with a smile,” what are you doing here?”

“Playing piano, you know that the condo I move still has no piano, so your mom told me I could come here to practice whenever I want, so I play it every morning before going to class, so why are you not in class?”

Junhyung could only look down; he was confused what to answer. Sandara knew right away, there’s something wrong with him after that night, he left the piano room and the mansion. When she was still up at 6 because of jet leg, she knew that he just came back from somewhere and then 20 minutes later he went to school.

“What happen on Wednesday night?”

Junhyung’s expression was easy to see now, he didn’t expect straight question about the horrible night he had gone through.

“You haven’t slept well lately, right? Is it because of that night? Is the problem still unsolved?”

Junhyung hadn’t had good sleep lately, even he avoided it and thought himself that he was okay, he couldn’t stop thinking about it. His eye bag showed that he barely had slept – big and black.

He nodded.

Sandara held Junhyung’s right arm and said,” You better solve it quickly, next week you will have the Europe trip and I know you are really happy with that trip. I don’t know what the problem is, but I don’t want this to affect your trip with your family. Just make sure you don’t avoid it and when you need to talk, just talk to me okay.”

Junhyung recalled his moment with Hyuna,

In the back yard of the school,

Junhyung was reading book of famous poetry, he was supposed to do cleaning with others but he didn’t do it like always. He was accompanied by Hyuna, who was texting with Dongjoon at that time.

“Junhyung, you are good at running from responsibilities, and no one even gets mad at you.”

“Because they know you will do their job scolding me about this responsibility every time I don’t do it,” Junhyung replied to Hyuna, closing his book,” even you are in the class, you just clean the white board and then continue to text message Dongjoon.”

“At least I don’t avoid,” said Hyuna and then she sticked her tounge out.