Sacrifice

Will I Be With You ?

Junhyung and Hyuna were inside the car, both of them kept quiet the whole time. Hyuna hated the silence moment; she decided to cheer Junhyung up.

“Junhyung, I’m having a great time today, you also feel the same right with me?” Hyuna said with bright smile on her face.

There was no reply from Junhyung, he didn’t even respond. Hyuna felt worse, she thought that she made a lot of trouble for him because of her selfishness. She realized that this relationship would add more troubles for him; his company needed the agreement to go well. The atmosphere was the same until they reached Hyuna’s home.

“Junhyung, thank you for the…,” Hyuna said as cheerfully as she could.

“Sorry,” Junhyung apologized.

“Junhyung, we never expect that to happen, so… well, thank you,” Hyuna said while closed back the car’s door.

Hyuna quickly ran to the open gate, she didn’t want Junhyung to chase her and it would be hard for them to be apart again. Junhyung did get out from the car but he held himself not to pursuit her and then he was in dilemma, he felt he should follow his own heart but he should think about his family and the rest of the workers.

“! !!!” Junhyung shouted while tears coming out, he was really depressed, it was like every option was wrong,” Why this happening?”

Hyuna locked herself in her room while listening to music box ‘dream catcher.’ She didn’t understand why it was so hard to be together. Were they not meant to be? Or they just had a really bad time.

--

Yoochun was in the bar alone, a song by john lennon – look at was played at that time He couldn’t stop thinking what Dongwoo said yesterday, it turned out that she was from a wealthy family. He just didn’t understand why she would lie to him. He knew what he said about the rich people wouldn’t encourage telling the truth but he was still disappointed. He then pressed Hyuna’s number.

 

Hyuna’s phone rang, she didn’t check who it was, and she answered like nothing happened.

“Hello, and who do I speak to?” Hyuna said with trying to sound cheery.

“It’s Yoochun… Hyuna, ya…,” Yoochun didn’t finish talking; he heard Hyuna’s sobbing sound from the phone; he changed his tone to softer one,” Why… what happen?”

“I can’t… be here anymore…,”

-

The moon looked different that night; it was stunning – perfect round big moon. It was 3.15am in the morning. It was already Saturday. Hyunseung and Yoseob carried drunken Junhyung who slept at the back seat.

“Aishh… Why every depress people go drinking, then their friends who end up suffering,” Yoseob complained.

“You only dare to say this when Junhyung has fainted,” Hyunseung said bluntly.

Since it was already late, they sneakily went inside the mansion. A deep voice was heard.

“Junhyung?” Junhyung’s dad called from somewhere, he switched on the lights.

Yoseob and Hyunseung were panicked to death; they put Junhyung to the couch and ran out from the back door. Junhyung’s dad went down and saw Junhyung’s messy condition.

“Maid!” Junhyung’s dad shouted.

Then couple of maids came, they were told to bring up Junhyung with him. After he was placed on the bed and then were tucked in, the maids excused themselves. He sat beside Junhyung, he was worried.

“Son… If you feel the contract is burdensome, why do you agree?” Junhyung’s dad talked to Junhyung or himself. He continued,” That’s why I never want to tell you about this; I know you will do anything for us.”

Junhyung’s dad went out, for not a long time Junhyung mumbled Hyuna name couple times.

--

It was 1pm, Kikwang opened Junhyung’s room curtain, Junhyung got annoyed with the light, and he moved another side of the bed. Kikwang put a letter on the bed side table, and then he looked at Junhyung.

“You sure are wasted,” Kikwang sighed.

(Flashback)

Kikwang and Hyuna were in the living room, Hyuna sipped the hot peppermint tea, Kikwang was curiously staring at Hyuna.

“You know that I’m only here for a while,” Hyuna explained while taking out a letter from her mulberry bag.

Kikwang took it and then asked Hyuna,” Are you going to tell me to give this to Junhyung?”

Hyuna nodded.

Kikwang scratched his head with anger, saying,” You’re leaving him with letter again? You have done that before, and you know what it won’t solve any problems.”

“You can read the letter…,” Hyuna said weakly.

Kikwang opened the envelope and read it. He was shock but also became calmer.

“He doesn’t know that I live in Busan now, please tell others don’t leak it,” Hyuna begged.

Kikwang understood,” I see, this will be another upsetting news for Junhyung again, but… he has made his choice too… but you know, Hyuna, he really loves you and I know you do too… and because you love him, you let him go.”

Hyuna smiled with tears coming out,” Yes, I love him, that’s why I’m doing this.”

Even Kikwang opposed them to be together because of the current situation but deep down he wanted Junhyung and Hyuna to be together, since both of them were his close friends. He saw Hyuna was getting matured; it was unlike her not to act selfishly. Kikwang sat beside her and gave her a hug which was also for goodbye.

“You take care there,” Kikwang said while hugging her tightly.

Hyuna cried louder, she knew this step would make her and Junhyung become apart and she felt hurt, even crying couldn’t help.

--

It was 2.10pm, Junhyung was still sleeping.

Yoseob, Dongwoon and Hyunseung were in the airport to bid farewell, Doojoon couldn’t make it because he had soccer preparation for the day. Doojoon called Yoseob, then he gave the phone to Hyuna.

“Yoo, Hyuna,” Doojoon greeted.

“Doojoon, good luck for the competition later, sorry that I take earlier flight,” Hyuna said feeling bad.

“It’s okay, I understand, anyway, at some time, we will visit you alright,” Doojoon said.

“Thank you, you don’t need to do that.”

“Anyway I gotta do, take care of yourself, Hyuna, fighting!” Doojoon said energeticly.

Hyuna chuckled,” Fighting to you to, captain. Bye.”

Kikwang reached on time, the five of them ate fast food there while talking fun stuff and no one dared to mention Junhyung. Junhyung gradually woke up, he felt grumpy. He went to the bathroom.

Dear Junhyung,

Another letter for you, I will write honestly since avoidance is a strong element for seeking more.

I realize that you are special to me, you, Junhyung, who have been with me all the time.

Junhyung went to wash his face and hair first in the sink. Then he went to the shower.

Without you, I don’t know who I am now…

I think that love happens because we are always with each other all the time; we share our feeling fairly without any hold back. I know you like I know myself…

Love can’t be always prioritized; there are other factors that have to be considered.

Junhyung was in the closet, trying to find garments for the day. Hyuna gave everyone’s a hug with having a thought that she was on the right track.

Junhyung, I think you are regretting your choice now, well don’t… you should be proud, you put others first before yourself. I should do the same…

Even the process is unfair for both of us but think about it, if you choose the other option, it’s gonna hurt more.

Hyuna waved goodbye from afar, others were waving back, while Kikwang felt whether this was the best decision. Junhyung chose his favourite car range rover and then drove it.

Always remember that relationship will work when the two sides are working on it. Probably after knowing Jiyeon more, you see sides that you love from her. Please take good care of her, I know her, she’s a good girl.

Well, this is the hard part, letting go… but as time pass, we will move on naturally.

We will meet each other like old times since we are best friends from the start right?

Love from your best friend, Hyuna

Junhyung had reached at Hyuna’s front gate.