Unsure

Will I Be With You ?

 

Jiyeon and Kim Hui were spending time together with reading books in their own home’s library. Suddenly their house music was on. Adele – rolling in the deep was played.

“Oh, dear, it must be your mother,” Kim Hui was about to turn off the music for the library.

“It’s okay, dad, I want to listen this song,” Jiyeon said gently.

“Anyway, Jiyeon dear, how is it going on between Junhyung and you?” Kim Hui asked out of nowhere.

“What… dad, why… why are you asking me in a sudden?” Jiyeon asked with saying some wrong words.

Kim Hui laughed, continued talking,” I’m serious, I want to know you whether you two are doing alright.”

Jiyeon thought first before answered,”erm…”

(Flashback)

Junhyung gave her flower to surprise her in her birthday. She accepted it happily.

Junhyung often picked her up after school.

-present time

I think it’s doing fine… overall…”

Kim Hui changed his face expression with unhappy look, asked,” What is it, Jiyeon? What did he do?”

Jiyeon tried to calm her dad, answered right away,” It’s all good, dad.”

(Flashback)

After Junhyung gave her the flower, he said with his usual expression,” Happy birthday, it’s late, go to sleep.” He then excused himself from Jiyeon’s parents. In front of Jiyeon’s parents, Junhyung did well but Jiyeon felt he still gave the same cold expression.

Junhyung drove her home, he always started the same question all the time how was her day but he never told his. When she asked, he would just reply that his day was same as always.

-present time

Kim Hui was back to happy again and laughed, after that he apologized for freaking Jiyeon out, he told her that he wanted the best for her. Jiyeon tried to laugh it out and after that she excused herself to the washroom. Deep down, she had something odd in the relationship.

‘Junhyung… he’s always been nice to me, but… it’s going nowhere. We have been together for about half year; I do love him more and more but… what about him? Is this relationship just a business for him?’

In another side, Junhyung was at his dad’s company learning about the company more. He was being taught by his dad’s right hand man. Junhyung’s dad looked at Junhyung from his office proudly through the window glass; he decided to take him to lunch.  Both of them were at the cafeteria but in the executive room.

“So what do you think, son?” Junhyung’s dad asked.

“Well, Lee-ahjusi told me that dad is seeking another market,” Junhyung replied.

After both of them finished their lunches, they went to the rooftop park.

“Son, are you sure about the wedding?” Junhyung’s dad asked.

“Dad... we have gone this far, don’t ask me all the time anymore,” Junhyung answered, he tried not show any disrespect tone.

Junhyung’s dad sighed and looked at buildings near them,” I don’t want to betray Kim Hui, but he does dirty work, he better gets off from the company if I have the chance. He shouldn’t make business as personal. Dad believes that… A marriage happens because of love, not money or any other factors...”

“Dad, please!” Junhyung begged,” Please don’t do this!”

“I feel bad for Jiyeon but… if you want to stop the agreement, it’s alright, I know we will have hard times when we lose Kim Hui but I have thought some solutions that might work,” Junhyung’s dad said and then he went back to his office.

Junhyung felt bad for shouting his dad and he thought about what his dad just said.

‘If I’m not with Jiyeon, are there any chances that I can be with Hyuna then?’ Junhyung thought.

--

Jiyeon went with Eunjung to Tiffany’s house; there were other girls, Lizzy, and Qri. The five of them decided to have baking class. They came earlier than the tutor time.

Tiffany greeted,” Jiyeon and Eunjung, you two have come too, Lizzy and Qri are upstairs.”

Eunjung responsed,” Tiffany, anyway Jiyeon doesn’t know Lizzy.”

“Really? Don’t worry, Jiyeon, Lizzy is friendly,” Tiffany smiled.

The three of them went to the balcony; Lizzy and Qri were playing ‘shinee’ puzzles.

“Hey, how did it go?” Tifanny asked Lizzy and Qri.

“We are stuck,” Lizzy answered frustratingly.

“Good, then let’s get away from that thing first,” Tiffany chuckled.

“Jiyeon!Eunjung!” Qri greeted with big grin.

Tiffany called,” Lizzy, this is Jiyeon, it’s your first knowing each other right?”

Lizzy looked at Jiyeon and said excitedly,” Oh, you are Junhyung’s fiancée right.”

Then they were talking about Jiyeon’s marriage.

“Awww, I’m so jealous of you, Jiyeon, I hope he was like this when I had a date night with him,” Lizzy said out of sudden after hearing how sweet Junhyung was, everyone there was really surprised” Oh, Sorry that I bring this up, I ever had date him once... okay, let me keep my mouth shut.”

Tiffany covered her face with her hands; she couldn’t believe that Lizzy could stupidly slip like that.

“Erm… it’s alright, it was past, right Jiyeon?”Eunjung said trying to chill the atmosphere.

Jiyeon showed a smile and asked,” Can you tell me about him more about his past? How about we start with that date?”

“Well, you know Junhyung has a best friend right? Hyuna… well, when we were dating, after a call from her, he totally forgot our date and left me alone all of sudden,” Lizzy answered honestly, and then she asked,” Anyway, do you all know where’s Hyuna now?”

“Hyuna? Junhyung and Hyuna are best friends?” Jiyeon asked, she was new with the information.

“Yes, Jiyeon, they are like paper-and-glue… wait did I use the right term? Anyway they were used to inseparable, I don’t know whether they are still contact each other,” Tifanny replied.

Eunjung saw Jiyeon’s expression, she knew that Jiyeon didn’t know anything about this and she was hurt.

Eunjung said,” I think this will be a long talk, I need to use the washroom, accompany me, Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon and Eunjung were going to the washroom, Lizzy honestly said,” I thought tagging along to washroom only apply at school… and… malls.”

“Come here, Jiyeon,” Eunjung went to give Jiyeon a hug.

“What should I do? I’m… going nowhere with Junhyung,” Jiyeon cried,” Junhyung never talks to me anything; he’s just… being… there.”

Eunjung gave Hyuna tissue, and said,” Well, you two just know each other like… 6 or 7 months right? Maybe he’s not that open person.”

“No… that’s not it… I know Junhyung and Hyuna are friends but I don’t know that they are that close… I don’t know why… when I know about this, my heart hurts… I know we get together because of business matter but…” Jiyeon’s tears kept coming out.

“Go ask him… you two are going nowhere if you never ask,” Eunjung said straight forward.

Jiyeon stopped sobbing; she felt that it was the situation she had to face sooner or later.