step to closer

BLACKLISTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO DAYS LATER

AT HOSPITAL

 

Taeyeon keep focusing on the surgery and helping Dr. Han in the operation room. The patient is an old man, had a heart problem and was sent by the family when he complained of heart pain. Dr. Han tried his best to help save the patient, but the facts of the man's aging made it hard to save him. Dr. Han asked Taeyeon to go with him to tell the family about the operation and result. Taeyeon feel uneasy when she has to face the patient's family members.

“Doctor, how’s my father?” the daughter asked while crying.

“Is my husband okay?” the wife asked with worried face.

Dr. Han take a deep breath before he slowly says

“We're doing our best to save him. However, his heart can't stand it and... I'm sorry.”

The daughter and the wife start to shouted with sorrow. Dr. Han and Taeyeon are stares at the family while hold the sad.

“Appa…!” the daughter shouts while crying.

At that time, Taeyeon remember back the scene when she and her family get the news about her late father. Taeyeon eyes start to get teary and then Dr. Han looks at her and says

“Go... I'll wait with them.”

Taeyeon nodded and then she went back into the operation room to manage the patient body before they send for the next process.

Few hours later, after Taeyeon clean up herself after the operation, she sits in the dressing room alone while her mind thinking about the surgery. Out of nowhere, her eyes start to get teary again when remembering the patient's family sorrow. In the end, he decided to get out from there to get freshen air. Taeyeon walks toward the hospital garden that place in the middle of the building. She went to the rather hidden place to be alone. Taeyeon take out her phone and then dialed Tiffany numbers.

“Where are you?” Taeyeon asked after the call connected.

“I'm on my way to surgery room. Why?” Tiffany asked.

“Oh… nothing. I’ll call you back,” Taeyeon replied before ended the calls.

Then, she’s dialed Sunny numbers but she didn't answer her. But, then she received the text from Sunny.

 

I'm in conference... why are you calling? – Sunny

Oh… nothing. Which conference? – Taeyeon

Vascular diseases by Prof. Kim. Want to join? Come to the hall – Sunny

It’s okay. I have things to catch up – Taeyeon

 

Then, Taeyeon keep her phone back inside the pocket. Her eyes start to get teary again afterward.

“Please... don't cry... stop be emotional... don't cry...” Taeyeon muttered try to control her emotion.

“I know it's you. I just saw you from my office window. What are you doing in here alone?” suddenly, Jiyong voice asked after he's appear in front of her.

Taeyeon lift her head, and then she saw Jiyong is standing there with smiles. However, Jiyong stop his smiles after he saw Taeyeon sad face. He noticed her nose and eyes are reddened, and he knew she's crying. Jiyong start to feel worry, and he went to sits beside her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jiyong asked while looking at Taeyeon.

However, Taeyeon shakes her head and looks away from him. She's trying to hide her crying face from Jiyong, but he's already known it.

“You can tell me… I promise I won't tell anyone...” Jiyong said softly while try to coax her.

Taeyeon turn to look at him after he said that.

“I don't know... I just feel sad when we can't save the patient. When I look at their family, give us hope to save them, but...” Taeyeon said but she stops in the middle and crying.

Jiyong feel sad to see her crying. He slowly moves his hand to hugs her shoulder while his other hand pulls Taeyeon head to lean on his shoulder. Unknowingly, Taeyeon cried on Jiyong's shoulder to release her sadness. Her hand hugged Jiyong's neck tightly, and she cried as much as she could. At that time, Jiyong know that she was in an emotional state of sadness and didn't realize what she was doing. However, Jiyong just let her cry and he was there for her.

“It's okay to be sad... you're human, dear. What happened all his will. You're doing your best to save them... but it's still destiny determines it.” Jiyong said softly while try to comfort her.

“… but still…” Taeyeon said in sobbing.

“It’s okay… I’m here…” Jiyong replied while his hand softly rubs her arm.

They are in that position for a few minutes. Jiyong's hand was still wrapped around her shoulder, while Taeyeon was still leaning on his shoulder. Jiyong feel ease when he was there for her. Even though it was sudden, Jiyong still happy to be there, comfort her feelings. Even in that short time, he felt happy to be able to hug Taeyeon like that.

At that time, Taeyeon feel comfortable after she let out all her sadness. She knows her work as a doctor will always face such situations. However, she is only a fragile human being and those situations give her more experience.

She knew when she chooses this area, she had to face her emotion with professional and no one can be with her like this.

Bamp!

Suddenly, Taeyeon realize that she was there with Jiyong. Her body was stiff, and she began to notice that her hand was still hugging Jiyong's neck.

 

Taeyon POV

“What am I doing? Yah! You're insane, Taeyeon!”

 

Jiyong noticed Taeyeon body stiff, and he knew that she's already back to her sense. However, Jiyong didn't move and still in that position because he knew that's his opportunity to be close to her.

“Ehem…” Taeyeon clear while she's move her hands from Jiyong's neck.

Jiyong look at her after she releases her hugs.

“Feeling better?” Jiyong asked still looking at her.

Taeyeon nodded while try to avoid her eyes from him.

“Are you sure?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes, thank you…” Taeyeon replied slowly.

Jiyong smiles before he moves his hands from her.

“Don't be sad... if you feel it again, I'm here for you...” Jiyong said in her ear.

Taeyeon look at him after he does that.

“What?” Jiyong asked act normally.

“Nothing,” Taeyeon replied shortly but she turns away afterward.

Jiyong smiles after he saw Taeyeon awkward after what happen to them before.

“I have to go…” Taeyeon suddenly said while get up from the seat.

“Okay… bye!” Jiyong shouts after he saw Taeyeon speed her steps while walking.

Taeyeon cover her face with shy after Jiyong shouts.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! This is crazy!” Taeyeon muttered while enter the building.

Meanwhile, Jiyong still smiling while his eyes staring at Taeyeon until she’s enter the building.

 

 

 

AT CAFETERIA

 

Taeyeon went to the café after the lunch hour. She went to buy her a drink during her break. While waiting for the drink, Tiffany approaches her after she saw Taeyeon at the counter.

“Buy for me a drink too…” Tiffany said while hugging her waist.

Taeyeon smiles and then she asks

“What do you want?”

“I want my booster… Ice lemon tea…” Tiffany replied with lovely.

After Taeyeon order the drink for her, they wait for the drink at the counter together.

“Hey, how do you do? I heard you lost one of the patient... are you okay?” Tiffany asked with worried.

Taeyeon smiles slightly and then she nodded.

“I’m fine…” Taeyeon replied.

“Arasso… if you need me just tell… I’m here,” Tiffany said.

Suddenly, Taeyeon remember about Jiyong words before. Then, she shakes her head to stop her mind from thinking.

Tiffany frowns after she saw Taeyeon reaction and then she asks

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Taeyeon replied shortly try to hide the truth.

“Here, the drinks…” suddenly the staff said while handed the drink to them.

“Thank you…” Taeyeon and Tiffany said at the same time.

“You still have time? Let’s go seat there…” Tiffany said while pointing toward the empty table.

Taeyeon nodded and follow Tiffany from behind while she’s sips her drink.

“Argh… so cold…” Tiffany said after she sips her drink.

Taeyeon smiles while looking at Tiffany in front of her.

“Tae, when will your family move abroad?” Tiffany asked before she sips her drink again.

“If by schedule, they plan before our housemanship ended. They will be back on my convo.” Taeyeon replied.

“Ouh... so, you will follow them or... stayed?” Tiffany asked.

“I'm planning to fly after my convo. So... during that... perhaps, I'll stay and continue to work her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter