openly rival

BLACKLISTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After that, Taeyeon and Jiyong take the kid back into his ward. When they're entered the room, the mother hurriedly went to hug the kid while crying.

“Where are you going? You know how worried I am?” the mother asked while hugging the kid.

“Sorry, omma…” the kid replied while crying on his mother shoulder.

“Minhyun, please let us know where are you going,” suddenly the father said while rubs the kid hair.

“He just hangs around the garden...” Taeyeon said after she saw the parents look so worried.

“Thank you, Dr. I’m sorry for my behavior before this,” the father said to apologies.

“It’s okay. I understand,” Taeyeon replied with smiles.

“Dr., I'm sorry too. Thank you for takes care of Minhyun.” The mother said after she calm.

Taeyeon nodded with smiles.

“Omma… appa…” suddenly the kid call his parents.

“Yes, Minhyun…” the father said.

“I want to be treated.  I want to be healthy. I hope I can live longer to take cares omma and appa...,” the kid said while looking at his parents.

The mother and father look at each other before they went to hugs the kid.

“Minhyun…” the mother call his name while crying.

Meanwhile, his father hugs the kid while try to hold his emotion. Taeyeon eyes get teary when she saw the scene, and then she noticed Jiyong also is trying hard to control his emotion. Jiyong saw Taeyeon is looking at him, and then he just walks out from there to hide his feelings from Taeyeon to see it. Taeyeon follow Jiyong afterward. She gets out from the ward and calls his name.

“Jiyong!” Taeyeon calls him.

Jiyong stops his steps and then he forced himself to smiles at her.

“What?” Jiyong asked while looking at her.

Taeyeon notice his trying to fake his smiles and then she says

“Thank you for comforting him,”

“Not big deal,” Jiyong replied.

Taeyeon keep staring at his eyes and she can notice his eyes get to redden from holding the tear.

Jiyong feel uncomfortable when Taeyeon look at him like that, he then avoid his eyes from her and says

“I have a work to do… see you later,”

Then, he walks away from there. However, after few steps, he heard Taeyeon call his name.

“Jiyong…” Taeyeon said softly.

“Yes?” Jiyong asked without looking at her.

“Want had dinner with me tonight?” suddenly Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong stunned with her sudden request. He turns to look at her and saw she’s smiling while lift her eyebrows.

“Sure… text me after your shift end,” Jiyong replied but he still surprised with her sudden request.

“Okay… see you tonight,” Taeyeon said and then she went back toward the children ward.

Jiyong smiles after Taeyeon leave. His heart beat like a firework when he gets to eat dinner with her. Meanwhile, for Taeyeon side, she's just curious about him. The dinner was not her plan, but something inside her wants her to do that.

 

 

 

Both of them are entering the cafeteria to have dinner. After they make an order, both of them went to seat at the empty table. Jiyong sits in front of her and then he says

“I thought you want to take me out for dinner... but turn out we're eating in here...”

Taeyeon chuckles and then she reply

“I'm sorry, I have to work tonight. But, at least, I'm keeping my promise to have dinner with you...”

“Yeah…” Jiyong said while pout.

“If you don’t like it, then…” Taeyeon said with gloomy face.

Jiyong saw her reaction and then he eats his foods.

“Erm… this is the best dish for tonight,” Jiyong said while munch the foods.

Taeyeon smiles after she saw Jiyong eating.

“Eat slowly,” Taeyeon said to him while she handed a piece of meat on his plate.

Jiyong look at the meat and then turn to look at Taeyeon. He feels strange to be treated nicely by her. Jiyong munch his foods slowly, but his eyes keep looking at her with mixed feelings.

“What?” Taeyeon asked weirdly when Jiyong keep looking at her.

“You... acted strange, did something happen?” Jiyong asked curious.

Taeyeon chuckles when she saw Jiyong frowning.

“It's weird for me to be nice to you?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong nodded with honest.

“Then, should I act coldly?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong shakes his head to answer her.

“Then, stop looking at me like that...” Taeyeon continues said before she eats her foods.

Jiyong smiles while munches his foods.

Taeyeon keep taking a glance at him during the dinner. His manner while eating, and how’s he munches the foods. It can be said that he is indeed from a wealth family. However, after the conversation Jiyong with the kid before, Taeyeon start to look at him in different way. From his words, she knows he has been through many things to make him behave like that.

“Jiyong…” Taeyeon call his name.

“Hmm…?” Jiyong replied but his eyes looking at the dish.

“Can I ask you something personal?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

Jiyong lift his head and look at her.

“What?” Jiyong asked.

“Before this... what you did say to the kid, it's true?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he chuckles.

“Why are you laughing?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“Is that the reason you ask me to have dinner with you tonight? For asking that?” Jiyong asked but his eyes look at her deeply.

Taeyeon feel uncomfortable when he’s looking at her like that. She avoids her eyes from him by looking at the dish.

“It's not like that... just...” Taeyeon stuttered to answer him.

Then, Jiyong put down his utensil before he holds his chin and look at her.

“You feel doubt about me?” Jiyong asked with serious tone.

Taeyeon take a glance for a sec at Jiyong before her look back at the dish.

“I'm not doubted it, just... curious?” Taeyeon said with hesitated.

Jiyong smiles slightly and then he says

“It's look like you still not trust on me...”

Taeyeon look at his face after he said that.

“Well… to be truth... I'm not lying to the kid. It's true. But, I'm not hold grudge on my parents after what they provide for me. Perhaps, I'm just mischievous just want to gain my parent's attention. That's all.” Jiyong continues.

“By being a playboy?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong chuckles with Taeyeon question.

“Yeah... you may assume that way.” Jiyong replied with smirks.

“It's worth for you doing that?” Taeyeon asked.

“I'm not sure... but I like it when people give me their attention. Even though most of them, do that for their profit. I don't mind...” Jiyong replied with honest.

“So... you tell me that... you waste whole your life, just to get attention? Isn't?” Taeyeon asked with unbelievable.

Jiyong nodded but then he says

“But not anymore... after I found you.”

Taeyeon stunned with his sudden words.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked curious.

“You make me think about my life... the wasting that I'm done... I'm realizing something after meeting you. Everyone around me will talk nicely and treat me like a king of everything. But not you... the way you talk and act, you're hurting me. I know...if someone's words hurt me, it means that it words are truth.” Jiyong replied with honest.

“So... you're saying... you hurt with my words? And that's make you want to chase me?” Taeyeon asked with confused.

Jiyong chuckles while shakes his head.

“No… I'm chasing you because you're not trying to impress me. You're honest when you're with me. That's why...” Jiyong replied with smiles.

Taeyeon look at him while try to find his sincere. After he talked open about himself like this, make Taeyeon wonder if he's really mean it, or it's one of his tricks.

“Honestly, at first... I want to prove to you that I can change... but now, I do think about my future. It was a signal for me to change, and you just a reason for me to awake from my long sleep... and I'm thankfully for that.” Jiyong continues with smiles.

Taeyeon stares at him before she slowly says

“I'm doing nothing, but... glad to know that,”

“No... you're doing big things...” Jiyong replied but then he winked at her.

Taeyeon stunned, and then she’s continue to finish her foods. Jiyong chuckles after he saw Taeyeon reaction. Then, he moves his body forward, before whispering something.

“I think I like it to have this open conversation between us, I can feel we are getting closer...” Jiyong said whispering and then he smirks teasingly at her.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes before she says

“I don't think so... go finish your foods. I need to get back to work after this...”

Jiyong continue his smirks while digging his foods. At the same time, Taeyeon also smiling while munch her foods.

 

 

NEXT DAY

 

Taeyeon walks out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter