the friends thought

BLACKLISTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE WEEK LATER

HOSPITAL CAFÉ

 

Taeyeon is focusing on the menu while waiting for her order ready. Suddenly, someone pat her shoulder. When she turns, she saw it's Sunny.

“Where is Fany?” Taeyeon asked.

“She'll come later,” Sunny replied.

“I already order for you two,” Taeyeon said.

“Nae… thank you… I’ll go get the place for us,” Sunny said and then she went to find empty place for them.

After she gets the order, Taeyeon bring it to the table.

“This is for you…. And this for Fany,” Taeyeon said before she sits.

“Thank you…” Sunny replied while she takes her drink.

“So… when will you go for the conference?” Taeyeon asked after the sips.

“Tomorrow… I’ll go with train…you have two more weeks, right?” Sunny asked.

Taeyeon nodded.

“I’m so nervous if think about it…” Taeyeon replied.

“Me too… I can't focus in ward when my mind keeps thinking about the report.” Sunny said to agree with Taeyeon.

“Hi there…” suddenly Tiffany comes to approach them.

Taeyeon handed the drink to her.

“Is this mine?” Tiffany asked before she sips the drink.

“I hope everything will be fine… I don’t want any obstruction before we're finishing this housemanship.” Taeyeon replied.

“Why? What happen?” Tiffany asked.

“We’re talking about the conference…” Sunny replied.

“Argh... I'm jealous with you two... you two get to go conference in this month while I have to wait for next month... that's unfair...” Tiffany said while sigh frustrated.

“It's your SV is the one set the date... bear with it...” Sunny said to tease.

Taeyeon chuckles softly and then she look at her friends.

“After the conference, we can focus to finish our thesis. Argh... my eyes can't take it anymore...” Taeyeon said afterward.

“Me too... sometimes, I can see the laptop screen double...” Tiffany said jokingly.

All of them laughs after hear that.

“By the way, my SV already ask me to do part-time here after the housemanship. I already agree with him.” Suddenly Tiffany said.

“Is it? Wow… that’s great opportunity…” Taeyeon said with happy.

“So… you two? What do you want to do?” Tiffany asked.

“Well… I'm planning to go back to hometown for a while... before I get position in any hospital...” Sunny replied.

Taeyeon keep silent while her mind remembering about Jiyong proposed before.

“Tae… what about you?” Tiffany asked when Taeyeon didn’t say anything.

Taeyeon look at her friends and then she slowly says

“Actually, I have something to tell you two...”

Taeyeon looks around try to be careful before she said it. Tiffany and Sunny frown to see her behavior. Then, they saw Taeyeon signal to them to get close to her. Both of them do it what she ask.

“Jiyong already proposed me last week.” Taeyeon said by whispering.

“WHAT?!?” Tiffany and Sunny shouts with surprised at the same time.

“Shuhh… slow down…” Taeyeon said immediately to shut them.

“Yah! What are you talking about? Is it real?” Sunny asked with surprised.

Taeyeon nodded.

“So, where is the ring? I didn’t see it…” Tiffany asked with disbelief.

Taeyeon smiles awkwardly before she says

“Well... it's not official proposed... but we already talk about it. So... I told him we can get married but after the housemanship finish.”

Afterward, nothing is coming from both of them. They’re looking at each other and then look at Taeyeon with mixed feelings.

“Yes, I know that stares... yes, I admit... we just date for few months... but it's not that I'm going to marry him soon. We still have to engaged, make our family meeting, and more will happen in the future. The point is... he's serious with this relationship. We plan to go for next stage...” Taeyeon continue try to make her friends understand.

“Okay… you’re saying he’s serious… what about you?” suddenly Sunny asked.

“What about me?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“Hell-O...! This is your life... can't you think of it? What will happen if you get married before posting as doctor? What if your in-law doesn't want you to work? What if you have to focus on family and leave the career?” Sunny asked try to make Taeyeon think what she’s saying.

Taeyeon sigh before she’s reply

“Okay, I get it. I know what is your point in here… your intent is good, I understand it. Yet, you two know me better. You know I'm not letting down my career, simple as that. Why I have to sacrifice my life after marriage? I have my own plan, my own future... besides, I know Jiyong will support what I will do.”

Tiffany looks at both of them and then she says

“Okay... you two have a good point here. I admit I agree with both of you... you know both of us want you to be happy, Tae. If it what you want and make you happy, then go for it. You know we still support you. But... please, be sure with what you're doing now. I don't want you to agree this just because of him. I want you to do this is because YOU want it, Tae.”

Taeyeon didn’t say anything afterward. She’s nodded to Tiffany words with slight smiles.

Then, they saw Mr. Kwon enters the café with Sihyun beside him. Then, Taeyeon remembers her last conversation with Mr. Kwon in his office. Mr. Kwon saw Taeyeon and her friends, but he just walks past by them. Sihyun give her smiles before he goes to follow Mr. Kwon. Moment later, Taeyeon saw Jiyong is entering the café while looking around. He stunned when he saw Taeyeon was there before he's smiling.

“Jiyong!” Sihyun call him.

Jiyong turn to look behind, and he saw his father and Sihyun already there to wait for him. Jiyong walks toward them, but he still smiles to Taeyeon before walks pass her table.

“Look… your future husband,” Sunny said to teased.

Taeyeon chuckles softly but inside her feel uneasy.

 

 

 

At night, after Taeyeon shift end, she walks toward the bus stop alone. However, her steps stop when the car suddenly stops in front of her. After the car window open, she saw Jiyong is smiling at her widely.

“Sorry, Miss. Have you seen my beautiful girlfriend here? I thought I just saw her walks out from there...” Jiyong said jokingly.

Taeyeon smirk before she reply

“Nope. I didn't see her...”

Jiyong laughs with Taeyeon answer.

“Hey, are done yet? Let’s go for date…” Jiyong said afterward.

“Arasso…” Taeyeon replied before she open the door.

After she’s inside the car, Jiyong took that opportunity to kiss her cheek.

“Yah… behave yourself… we still at hospital,” Taeyeon said while looks outside.

“Arasso… let’s go…” Jiyong replied before he drives the car away from there.

During the drive, Jiyong take glance at Taeyeon to see if she's in good mood or not. When he saw her calm face, Jiyong slowly says

“By the way, I already tell my family about our marriage planning.”

Taeyeon look at him with surprised.

“Halmeoni asked me to bring you home to have dinner with the family...” Jiyong continue carefully.

Still, nothing is coming out from Taeyeon mouth. She’s stares at Jiyong in shock.

“Omma and appa also want to meet you. Will you come?” Jiyong asked with hesitated.

Taeyeon look in front, while her eyes wandering when her mind thinking.

“Don't you want to say anything?” Jiyong asked when Taeyeon keep silent.

Taeyeon look at him and then she reply

“You know that we still have to wait for me to finish the housemanship...right?”

“Yes, of course dear… I'm telling you this because I want to get prepare... I want you to get to know my family members...” Jiyong said while he holds Taeyeon hand to comfort her.

“Are you sure they really want to meet me?” Taeyeon asked with uneasy.

As she knows, Mr. Kwon is the one that plan to ask her left Jiyong.

“Yeah… why? You think they’re not?” Jiyong asked with frown.

“I don’t know, Jiyong. I’m not sure with this…” Taeyeon replied with honest.

Jiyong look at her for a while before he suddenly says

“You know why appa and Sihyun meet me at the café before?”

Taeyeon shakes her head to answer him.

“That's because appa want me to leave for oversea, he's already bought oversea company and want me to handle it. Also, Sihyun will stay here to manage the hospital on behalf of me.” Jiyong said with disappointed.

Taeyeon saw Jiyong sad face after he said that.

“Where your appa want to send you?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong look at Taeyeon for a while and then he says

“Shanghai…”

Taeyeon didn’t respond him afterward.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter