008

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Do I really have to do this, unnie?” Irene kept on whining inside the Rolls Royce. They were on their way to the Empire Hotel so that Bae Joohyun would be introduced officially as the newly assigned director.

Seohyun laughed, her eyes focused on the road as she switched lanes.

“Well, this side of yours…I’m sure that it won’t show up.”

“I’m not sure if this is a good idea, I’m terrified.”

Seohyun snorted as if it was the most ridiculous statement of all time. Maybe quite close than what not however with Bae Joohyun’s exuberant way of dealing with work, everyone was petrified of her back in L.A.

“You? Terrified? I should actually be praying for them. I heard what you did in Cali, Joo.” The driver lady gave her cousin a short glance before setting her eyes back on the street. She could already see the hotel’s building.

“Well, here we are Joo. Welcome to one of our hotel chains.” Seohyun patted her cousin’s shoulder before climbing down the vehicle.

Irene puffed her cheeks.

“Welcome to another nightmare.”

 

 

Irene went straight to her office with her cousin in tow.

She couldn’t believe that she’ll witness people lining up at the entrance. The moment she slid down from the car, she was greeted by smiling employees. The first ones to approach her was the manager along with the other B.O.D tailing behind him.

“Madame, welcome.” One of the members of the board greeted her.

She flinched at the formality.

She wasn’t used to this kind of treatment because back in Cali, the employees were friendlier despite her daunting look. They’re still relaxed at the company.

And back there, they just addressed her as Irene, not madame or samonim because that felt like she aged ten times, just the way she liked.

“That was ing awkward. They’re just being so…so, formal? I dunno. And that Cheon Jinsook, he seems odd. Like, pompous odd kind of thing.” She shuddered. She flopped on the leather couch and removed her buckled stiletto boots and placed it under the small table.

“What do you mean, Joo?” Seohyun’s eyebrows met in a questioning look.

“I don’t trust that guy. I can actually~” She paused when they both heard a soft knock coming from the door.

“Come in.” Seohyun ushered the unknown person on the other side.

Slowly, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter