002

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A lady, clad in simple black ripped jeans paired with a blue denim polo blouse and a pair of Balenciaga sneakers, sauntered through the arrivals area. Her face framed with a Luxuriator sunglass. She’s not that tall, and she doesn’t need to be, to catch attention, because she can make people turn their heads while exhibiting her own radiance.

But Irene wasn’t fond of attention.

She hated being in the crowd.

She dragged her luggage to the exit doors when she saw a man leaning on a particular red Maserati Ghibli with a lopsided grin playing on his lips. Irene removed her sunglass and rolled her eyes at the male playfully.

“How’s your flight, noona?” He approached the girl and planted a kiss on her cheek before pulling the luggage from her grasp. She just let him as she slapped his shoulder and went to the other side of the vehicle.

“Come on, Johnny. Later we talk. Now let’s go.” She mused and slid inside the car. He shook his head and placed Irene’s belongings inside the compartment. He slid in the car and soon the vehicle sped away from the airport.

 

 

“How’s your flight dear?” Mrs. Seo asked while slicing her steak. Irene looked up with a small smile.

“I got to rest during the rest of the flight auntie.” She fibbed. In reality, she was just reading some documents she brought with her and took a short nap.

“Wow, how come she answered you and she didn’t earlier with me when I asked her?” Johnny threw a fit while the older girl just chuckled.

They were at the Seo residence having a dinner and Irene decided to spend her whole stay at this house. She refused to live alone at their villa, it felt stuffy somehow.

“I don’t feel like talking earlier, so…forgive me, Johnny.” She pouted.

“Heol.” He made a face and he looked up when he heard the front door opened and closed. A few seconds later, a tall girl in her brown wavy locks strolled in the dining area. Irene’s face lit up and ran to the lady.

“Unnie!” She hugged the taller girl and the latter patted her back with an equal enthusiasm.

“I don’t get it. Why do you even call Seohyun noona, unnie if you’re older than her?” Johnny grumbled, Mrs. Seo and Mr. Seo gave him a look. He made a face as he resumed stuffing his mouth with a spoonful of rice.

“Just let her be, Youngho-ya.” Seohyun laughed and sat beside her brother.

Irene stuck her tongue out to him as she sat across him.

He rolled his eyes.

This was one of Irene’s trait when she’s comfortable around the people she’s closed with and expressionless when dealing with strangers and acquaintances. Her playful and carefree side was coming out naturally just like this one with her cousins, especially with Johnny.

Aside from her other male relative in the US, she’s close to Seo Youngho.

“Right, JooJoo. When will you meet auntie and uncle?” Seohyun asked. Her tone was careful. The room grew silent.

“Well, they said that I should meet them tomorrow at lunch. Do you have any idea what they’re going to tell me, unnie?”

“Joo…” Seohyun gulped as she felt her broth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter