016

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene arrived at the Hotel around ten in the morning.

Once she entered the lobby employees greeted her, sometimes she would nod sometimes she would smile. Today, however, her face doesn’t give any emotion. The flat look plastered on her face remained until she reached her office.

After she hung her coat on the rack, she went to her table the same time Yeri stepped inside the office. She gulped when she noticed the tense vibe of her boss and she was hesitant to make her presence visible. Yeri was about to turn her back when Irene spoke to her without even looking.

“Yeri, give me the file. I know you already have it.” She said, her tone was soft but firm. Yeri just huffed as she padded towards her lady boss and handed the leather folder to her.

Irene looked up and reached for the file, her lips thinned and exhaled.

The moment she opened the folder and scanned the information in it her eyes widened. Her fingers curled into fist and shook her head.

Then she tossed the folder on her table with a loud thud. The pictures of Wendy being seen with Sooyoung going inside a hotel, one of which was in their hotel, some were in different clubs while lip locking with Joy. Irene knew how her friend was a party girl and all, she could actually do what she wanted but what disturbed the older lady was that the other pictures were Seulgi and her going on dates. She looked innocent when she was with Seulgi but her eyes told a different story when she was with Joy.

It was odd to see two poles apart side of Wendy.

Who is the real one? Or she is both?

“Son Seungwan…” Irene puffed her cheeks. “So she’s currently paying a debt to Sooyoung’s family right?”

“Yes…but I heard that the business she has right now was Seulgi’s doing. She helped her put that business up…” Yeri squirmed, she was astounded with all the information as well but she found out something alarming than those facts.

“What else have you found out?” Irene’s eyebrow went up. Yeri hesitated but she doesn’t know how to continue and this irritated the dragonbae. “I don’t have all day to wait for you Kim Yerim.”

“Well…this is kind of a sensitive issue but, the reason behind the Son’s debt is…” Yeri paused, her insides felt queasy while receiving the intense gaze of Joohyun.

“It’s about your parents, unnie. Y-Your accident years ago…it wasn’t an accident at all.”

“What?!”

Irene’s eyes widened.

Then Yeri handed another folder containing the data about what she’s talking about. With trembling hands, the director reached for it and read the file. Her jaw tightened with a knot forming in her belly.

There were a few pictures from the accident. Shattered glass with blood stains on the asphalt, the car was massively wrecked. Her head began to pound madly inside her skull and she winced in pain. But what caught her eyes next was a report file from a police station back in Burbank where a name was associated with the tragic event for the Bae family that night.

SON SEUNGWOO

“Son…Seungwoo?”

“Yes. That is Wendy’s father unnie.” Yeri confirmed and looked away. She doesn’t know how that man was not in the cell yet. And how did they fool the Park’s with this?

“If this was linked to us and the Park’s you mean they helped the Son’s to get away with this?” Irene frowned.

“No unnie. They managed to persuade the Park’s to lend them money for the bail without the Park’s knowledge about it, because both family had closed ties even before.” Yeri explained but Irene was unmoving.

How could this even happen?

She’s confused with all the happenings. Ever since she came back home, little by little she’s receiving news that she found really disturbing, causing her emotions being demolished without prior notice.

First, the sudden engagement, second, Seulgi’s confusing actions towards her, as well as her family and friends swift avoidance of the topic when it comes to her fiancé. The third one was about Son Seungwan being introduced to her twice by two people as their lover. And now, this news about their accident plummeted like a comet from the galaxy down to her, leaving a big impact on her heart.

Her mind couldn’t even process all of it. Headache seemed to intensify that she clutched on her head with her eyes shut tightly. The event from that night began to play in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter