058

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Oppa, I’m not. Just help me on this one please? You’re the only one I have left to lend me a hand.” Irene pleaded as if he was her last hope in front of her phone. She had video called her cousin on her mother side.

The male from the other end flashed his gummy smile at her as he laughed softly. “Joohyun-ah, you don’t have to look so helpless right now. You’re a daughter of the mafia Lord and you act like this?”

Irene’s face darkened, knowing for a well known fact that her cousin was teasing her. Although she wasn’t much in contact with her relatives from her mother side, she still knew that they’d help her in any way possible.

“Arasseo, oppa will help you. But what do you want me to do, you have to be specific. How can this oppa help you?”

“I need to leave this place without anyone else finding out.” Irene’s voice turned serious without any hint of playfulness. He paused and just gave her an outlandish look as if she grew three heads.

“Are you crazy?! You’re going leave your wife?”

“Oppa, please. I don’t have much time left. Are you going to help me or not?” She sounded so hopeless and looked so helpless.

The male didn’t reply as he zoned out throughout the call. Yes, he doesn’t see her plans eye to eye, mainly because he had no idea of the reason for his cousin’s hasty decision. He’d help her, regardless.

He understood the part wherein she had gone through rough days, but it doesn’t made sense to him of Joohyun wanting to leave her wife adamantly.

He remembered the days when he used to live in Seoul because he wanted to finish college before flying overseas. During that time, he strongly believed how Joohyun loves Seulgi since they were kids. Sometimes, he would even help them escaping just to have fun with their friends at night. Until they broke up. Joohyun was the first one to leave first than him to migrate to California.

He was also aware how their break up ended in a bad way yet here they are, already married to each other. And it’s so obvious about their undying love for each other.

“I’ll help you in the company. Just help me on this one.” She tried to bargain since she’s not receiving any response from him.

Just like the old days, he always gave into her. No matter what the circumstances are. He sighed. “It’s not like you’re giving me a choice, aren’t you?”

With that answer, she knew that she has him on her side. She grinned.

“Omo omo. Did you just beam at me? Are you really my cousin?”

“Thank you, oppa!”

“And cheery too!” He tilted his head as his eyes turned into slits, scrutinizing her unusual merry eyes, although it wasn’t really reaching her eyes.

“But you’ll have to tell me your reasons, okay?”

“Fine.”

Joohyun gazed at him with a grateful glimpse. She realized how handful it is to have him ever since. Aside from Yunho, he was definitely spoiling her too.

“I’ll tell you the date that I should be leaving.”

“I got it. Leave it to me. See you soon.”

Irene waved at him before the screen went black. Then her eyes landed on the picture frame of her and Seulgi hanging on the wall inside their room.

“I’m really sorry, Seul. But I have to fulfill my promise to them.”

 

 

“Just move all my meetings for today to tomorrow morning.” Joohyun informed Yeri. She padded towards her desk to place down her phone and took a seat.

Yeri just stared at her with her creased forehead, curious at the lady before her. She noticed that her skin complexion was paler than her usual fair skin color, as well as the black circles that lingered around her eyes even if she has her make-up on. It was really evident on her features her tired-looking face due to the stress that she’s been experiencing lately.

Heck, everything was plain complicated, chaotic even. Irene is going through an uneasy path that Yeri wouldn’t refute about that. She had never met a person as strong as her boss.

Irene’s palms flew over to her face, at the same time inhaling a cavernous intake of breath to fill her lungs with enough oxygen subsequently puffing out a heavy sigh, as if she’s bearing the whole universe.

The younger girl persisted to look at Irene that she immediately became aware of. Momentarily, she paused and met Yeri’s curious and worried eyes.

“Did you hear what I said?”

“Are you okay, unnie?”

She faintly relaxed and her heart softened. She could sense that the girl was concerned for her. With each passing day from the moment she met Kim Yerim, gradually her heart melted as she grew to love her like her own sibling. Of course, when it comes to work, her professionalism wasn’t subsiding. However, outside work she treated her like a younger sibling.

Irene tilted her head while looking up at her secretary, her face looked empty.

The other female in the room blinked several times, thoughts were wondering at the way Irene gazed at her. Did she do something wrong? Is there something on her face?

Truth be told, the younger lady was more scared at expressionless Irene than the furious Irene, at least she knew what to do by then. Unlike now, with her blank appearance, she doesn’t know what’s running on her mind and she doesn’t want to guess right at this m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter