027

I Hate You But Then I Don't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene stepped out of her room and went straight to the kitchen only to find Yunho preparing breakfast for everyone.

“Where’s Krys and Sica unnie?” She asked as she picked some cooked bacon on the plate, earning a glare from Yunho.

She chuckled.

She was amused at how her cousin still hated it when grabbing foods that aren’t set on the table.

Typical Yunho was strict with table manners.

“They went out for a morning jog. Unlike someone.” He grumbled and went back to cooking. Irene snorted just to piss the male off, she snatched some bacon again before walking her way out of the kitchen.

“Oh god, that piggy eater.”

“Ya! I heard that Jung Yunho!” She yelled as began to produce colorful words. Yunho just shook his head.

Just like that Bae Joohyun. Be a strong girl.

 

 

“Krys we have to move fast before that man gets to Joohyun first. We can’t let that happen again. He already caused so much trouble on our fambam.” Jessica’s worried look came out after seeing an email report from their main office.

“Unnie, why is he back? Does he know that Joohyun is in the country?” Krystal frowned while scratching the back of her head. Jessica sighed.

“Based on this email, that bastard was last seen in front of her daughter’s condo building. Maybe he is trying to contact the daughter. But no news yet about him hunting for our cousin. Still, we have to be ready all the time. We need to observe carefully on his next move.” Jessica closed her laptop and drank some water. Krystal took the portable microcomputer and placed it inside the car.

“We have to protect Hyun with this guy.” Krys blurted out, however the latter shook her head. “No, we are here to stop Joohyun from killing that man.” Jessica pointed out.

“Huh, unnie~”

“Look sis, we know what she’s capable of. Joohyun is not something you should underestimate. She can be potentially lethal if she wants to. But we also know how much of an angel she is behind her demonic capabilities. Just don’t push her to her limits or she’ll turn into something we can’t control.” Jessica was so confident and sure about her judgment that Krystal couldn’t help but to agree because her sister was effin right.

That night when Yunho almost died, Krystal could clearly remember how Joohyun turned into an uncontrollable assailant. The angel was no longer there, her eyes were cold and deadly and she never listened to anyone. Very unruly. No one could defy her even the head of the Fenix clan.

Fenix was the most influential clan in the society. They held the largest group of business chains globally. And a lot of competitors tried to steal their number 1 spot but failed miserably. All of the members had phoenix tattoo, a mark to indicate that you’re part of their closely connected group. That indelible mark is also their gateway.

And only true members could recognize if a person is really part of Fenix. Some had tried imitating the tattoo but it’s too simple for others to replicate it.

So identifiable. But if you’re just a mundane, you won’t know the difference between the real and the fake one.

But for Joohyun’s tattoo, it’s something different. The considered queen of their clan to have a tattoo that glows in the dark. It’s just a small one behind her ear but so apparent when in the dark. If her hair is not in the way.

And Bae Joohyun is someone you can’t easily touch because she’s not easy to deal with, especially with her high background and reputation.

 

 

A loud purr of engine was heard around the curb. The Jung’s penthouse was now occupied and alive because the rowdy siblings are around.

“Huh. I thought you went out for jogging?” Irene greeted the two sisters, her eyebrow rose up. Krystal challenged and raised her one brow as well.

“We did. Duh.” The youngest Jung rolled her eyes but Irene wasn’t convinced at all. Jessica shook her head as she stepped closer to the Bae heiress.

“We went out for a jog, somewhere far from here and we took a drive for some fresh air.” Jessica explained.

“Fine. Just eat your breakfast. I just need to check my emails from work. It looked like I’m stuck here with you guys for a while.” She grumbled and padded to her room when her phone rang.

Irene’s forehead creased upon seeing the caller’s name.

 

Kang Seulgi.

 

She sighed before picking up.

“What do you want?” Irene asked with her unwelcoming tone. She was stilled annoyed with the girl because of the act she pulled the last time they bumped into each other.

“I wanted to apologize for my rude behavior the last time. I just~”

“Yeah, you were rude and don’t tell me you’re drunk again because you always end up in a foul mood whenever you are.” Irene pointed out while she skimmed her finger through her hair. She sat at edge of her bed as she waited for Seulgi to talk.

“No, I’m not drunk. I didn’t know what came to me. I’m sorry. You’re right, I shouldn’t be behaving the way I did. Let me make it up to you.” Her voice was pleading and she looked sincere.

“Seul…” She called her Seul again. And it meant that she had forgiven the girl. “I’m not in town...and it’s almost our wedding day. Just give this to me, my time to be in peace.”

“Okay. But...we’re good, right?”

“Uhuh.” Joohyun nodded and hummed in response. But Seulgi wasn’t satisfied.

“Is that a yes?”

Irene snorted. “Yes, bear. So end this call now before I take it back.” She teased and Seulgi just laughed from the other end.

“Yes wife.” She teased back but before Irene could reply, she already released the call. The Bae just shook her head with a soft chuckle.

She couldn’t stay mad at the girl for long, but she won’t admit that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter